• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRVI PARTIZAN .223 Match 75GR. Factory Ammo BC

dormandefense

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2012
Aynor, SC
I'm trying to work up a chart for an upcoming match and can't manage to get a consistent BC number for this ammunition.

I found the chart from the PPU USA website, and it states a BC of .404 for this ammunition. This seems like a bit high. Maybe it's the BC for speeds above the mark achievable in the .223. I came across other posts in which one person said the posted BC was between .34-.35. Then there was a guy who said he found the actual BC to be between .31-.33

With all of that variation, my POI changes at 600 yards by almost a MIL. That won't work.

Does anyone have any good numbers for the BC?

OTHER INFO: 20" BULL 1 in 7" on an AR platform. Velocities at chrono average at 2568

Why not just dope it and find out? How far will you be shooting? That ammo sucks ass much beyond 400 yards, it has massive amounts of vertical dispersion due to the high ES and SD's.

^ what he said I just use it for yotes as it is cheaper than my dwindling stock of Blackhills.

Yeah. I noticed that it had pretty serious dispersion of velocity. It was a last minute buy to get my bro in the match with me.

I'm going to check the drop at distance today.

Question: if I find what the drop is at a given distance, should I just plan to change the bc until the table aligns? Will that then give me the drop at all distances in between accurately?

Our furthest shots will be at 600 yards fr the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plugged .351 in the hornady calculator after a lot of searching for the BC as well. I eventually shot it in a local f-class match that went to 3, 5, and 600 yards. Barrel is a Wylde chamber 1/8 shilen ultra match 14.5". I found I needed 6mils for 600 which came out to 2,500fps MV. I know it's no black hills, but my score was only 10 points off the only other .223 at the match that day and it was a hand loaded dedicated FT-R rig. I'll be shooting that ammo at woodys match this coming weekend as well. Moral of the story, for the OP's purpose, I feel like the .35 plug is suitable for this ammo.