• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes PST on a TRG

rdmega

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2011
utah
Just found out that I can get a screaming deal on .338 TRG through work. I can also get an increadible deal on the PST. My question is, would this be an abomination? I know the gun is much better than the scope, but, would it be worth it to jump up to the Razor or NXS scope? Would I be wasting my money on the PST?

I have a 4-16 on my .308 that does fine, I dont hate it.

Re: PST on a TRG

I think the PST is a fine scope.....This coming from the PST being the most expensive scope I've bought. I think it will do just fine and the job you need it yo do. Hell, I know a PST will be going on my next build what ever it might be.

Ya I know the Razor would be nice for the elevation. Even so, with a 20moa base and the 65moa on the pst I think it would still get me to around 1600 yards.

I dont know, its a decent scope. But I worry its like putting a 350 in a new Maserati or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdmega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya I know the Razor would be nice for the elevation. Even so, with a 20moa base and the 65moa on the pst I think it would still get me to around 1600 yards.

I dont know, its a decent scope. But I worry its like putting a 350 in a new Maserati or something. </div></div>

understand that the 65 MOA is total travel 1/2 up and 1/2 down. the 20 MOA base will help. in that we are talking about a .338 would think you might go more than a 20 MOA. Please understand that I like the PST. The Razor is just a better overall platform when distance is in the discussion.

The TRG is at or near the top of the food chain. So your car analogy is not as valid. Just my $.02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdmega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just found out that I can get a screaming deal on .338 TRG through work. I can also get an increadible deal on the PST. My question is, would this be an abomination? I know the gun is much better than the scope, but, would it be worth it to jump up to the Razor or NXS scope? Would I be wasting my money on the PST?

I have a 4-16 on my .308 that does fine, I dont hate it. </div></div>

Don't commit gun sacrilege! ... Just kidding
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdmega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya I know the Razor would be nice for the elevation. Even so, with a 20moa base and the 65moa on the pst I think it would still get me to around 1600 yards.

I dont know, its a decent scope. But I worry its like putting a 350 in a new Maserati or something. </div></div>

understand that the 65 MOA is total travel 1/2 up and 1/2 down. the 20 MOA base will help. in that we are talking about a .338 would think you might go more than a 20 MOA. Please understand that I like the PST. The Razor is just a better overall platform when distance is in the discussion.

The TRG is at or near the top of the food chain. So your car analogy is not as valid. Just my $.02 </div></div>

I understand the 65 moa is half up and half down (under perfect conditions) that is 32.5 plus 20 of the base. I was a little off, double checked it would get me to 1500 ish guessing on my software. Hold overs would take a mile but I dont know the glass is up to it. I agree that the Razor is a much better platform all around. I can get the NXS or Razor for about the same price and the PST is half that. But, its not on the same level I understand.

TRG is top of food chain, so is a nice luxury automobile. Honestly a better analogy for me would be pulling out a Cummins to put in a gas 4 cyl. Thanks for the thoughts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdmega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just found out that I can get a screaming deal on .338 TRG through work. I can also get an increadible deal on the PST. My question is, would this be an abomination? I know the gun is much better than the scope, but, would it be worth it to jump up to the Razor or NXS scope? Would I be wasting my money on the PST?

I have a 4-16 on my .308 that does fine, I dont hate it. </div></div>

Don't commit gun sacrilege! ... Just kidding
wink.gif
</div></div>

It almost seems like it!

Expensive gun, expensive round to feed, middle of the road glass. Save and buy the razor. Besides the extra elevation the razor just looks and feels better. If it was a trg 22 it would be a tough decision though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Expensive gun, expensive round to feed, middle of the road glass. Save and buy the razor. Besides the extra elevation the razor just looks and feels better. If it was a trg 22 it would be a tough decision though. </div></div>

That makes sense, and I agree. I am sure it will take a long time for the rifle to come in so that gives me time to save up for the glass. Thank you.

Maybe save the PST for the TRG-22 I will no doubt want after shooting the 42!!!!!!!!!!