• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PT&G Bolts

SlimySquirrel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Greetings all,

I am thinking of getting one of the PT&G Rem 700 SA Bolt bodies fluted in the Diamond Style and one of their firing pin's also.

Just after some info on what the benefit would be on the firing pin and whether the M16 Style extractor has any benefit also?

Cheers

Andre

I don't know about the firing pin, but the extractor kicks out the brass with authority.

If I'm not mistaken.....I believe that is the bolt Stiller uses in their actions. You might do a little search on Stiller's to find more information.

Very good.

I must admit that I switched from Savage to Rem for a number of reasons but ejection was one of them. It seemed that I had an unlucky run with my Savage Rifles but they were both very Accurate...
Now that you mention it.. I remember a link on their site saying something about how they are making actions but it takes you straight to the Stiller link...

Last edited:
PTG makes bolts for many custom action makers, Stiller being one of them. Not sure what cartridge you are chambering but the mini m16 extractor works well on my PTG bolt. I have a Stiller Predator action from the initial run that has some type of modified sako extractor, and it had to go back to stiller twice to get it tuned to eject wsm cases at the correct angle. The extractor determines your ejection angle so I'd go with their recommendation based on the cartridge you are chambering, but the force of ejection has more to do with the plunger ejector spring. As far as firing pin, you can use theirs or others, just make sure it matches the size of firing pin hole on the bolt you order.

Excellent. I'm building a .260 off a second hand action that will be blue printed and cleaned up.

It's my first Remington build and I'm excited but not at the expense of getting it right... so I will wait until I have all the components required then get it all done at once.

It appears the Stiller thought was correct...

Last edited:
If the rifle comes from a Sh&*ty smith you will go through factory extractors quickly i went through 3 on my first custom rifle before i had a third party put a m16 extractor on

Hmm.. ok.. Sounds like I am going in the direction of the 1 piece bolt with M16 extractor anyhow so hopefully the new bolt will be a nice piece of "custom" on the new Rig...

I'll be trying my hand at DuraCoat too.... should be interesting.

I have placed my order.. exciting times...

Short Action RH Bolt (.699 OD)
Standard Bolt face .484 (Hope that fits the .260!)
Standard Handle
Small Pin Hole
M16 Extractor
Small Firing Pin
Spring
Nesika style Shroud
Round Knurled Knob
Large Diamond Fluting

Should be with me in about 6-8 Weeks.

Thanks for your help people.

Short Action RH Bolt (.699 OD)
Standard Bolt face .484 (Hope that fits the .260!)
Standard Handle
Small Pin Hole
M16 Extractor
Small Firing Pin
Spring
Nesika style Shroud
Round Knurled Knob
Large Diamond Fluting

I just went thru the same thing with my PTG Bolt....maybe you will get luckier than me but they told me 6-8 weeks and it was almost 5 months. Mine had the deep spiral flutes but still....5 months?

I'll take the over for $1000.

I ordered a bolt in April, was given 9 week delivery, called in the end of June, was told ship on July 11, called on July 11, was told three more weeks. When I told my gunsmith that I was getting my bolt shipped on July 11 he started laughing.

I ordered a bolt on 04/29/14, and received shipping confirmation 06/28/14. So there is a possibility it will ship within the stated time.

Eek.... let's hope so!!

I am not in a massive hurry but I would like it ready for the end of Sept when I pass through the USA on my way home!!

Everything I've ordered from PT&G (which it a lot as I'm setting up a shop) has showed up within the stated time frame. They are swamped, so be patient. Last time I had some technical questions Dave was on the phone explaining things. I'm thankful to have a company that answers the phone EVERY single time I call them. Growing/expanding a company will leave a few stretch marks so hang in there people.

Just called PTG to cancel my bolt after reading these 6 month lead times and such and was told the bolt was already being machined so I kept the order in. Just figured I would give a heads up....

Midway currently has a few in stock if you are still uneasy.

I'll keep my order in.

For me it's a nice way to get a semi custom action and learn about remington.
Looking forward to throwing this rig together though and have been doing a heap of research.
I will certainly need to get reloading gear and get cracking.

Might have to do a couple more Savage SA though as I still have 2 fluted bolts...