• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

here is my Frankenstein with some serious duck tape work to raise comb height, along with a target. Its not super great but I figure with the stock on it its not to bad. Best group about 1 MOA worse was the Federal SP with about 1.8 :( yuck ill be shooting that off tomorrow.
20130405_162205.jpg20130405_162220.jpg20130405_133622.jpg

We had a great match at the Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club today! I would like to thank everyone that stepped up and helped out today either keeping score, spotting shots, being an RO, picking up brass and magazines and everything else, without you guys this match would not have gone as well as it did! We had quite a few new faces today which was great, I hope you guys come out more often, it's always good to see the regulars out there as well. The weather was in typical Puget Sound style... grey, overcast, raining, not raining, MONSOON, not raining.. it kept us on our toes all day! I learned quite a few things today, like the fact that our shot timer doesn't like to pick up the shots from a suppressed rifle (need to figure out the settings on that thing soon). I had a great time today and I hope that everyone else did as well. Here are the final scores for the match, we break the rankings down into two separate categories; bolt or semi-auto.

Semi-auto scores:
1- slm9s - 31 points - 517.03 seconds
2- USMC2FED - 23 points - 537.93 seconds

Bolt gun scores:
1- blurry6 - 31 points - 490.66 seconds
2- Shellback77 - 29 points - 534.49 seconds
3- KevinD - 26 points - 576.87 seconds
4- wrhunter - 24 points - 564.24 seconds
5-silverbullet2 - 23 points - 586.82 seconds
6- Fedcop - 21 points - 524.18 seconds
7- AtOne - 19 points - DNF (not a bad score for only shooting 2 and a half out of 4 stages due to a broken trigger!)
8- Russ H. - 16 points - 444.21 seconds
9- Steve K. - 10 points - 547.73 seconds

Once again, thank you to all that showed up to either shoot or just to help out. Hopefully we will get a permanent placement on the club's calender soon, Unknown or I will keep everyone informed on the club's decision as soon as we find out.

Last edited:
Had a blast today, great group of guys to hang out with and throw some lead down range. I look forward to next month!

Kevin and Anton, Thank you for an awesome match! I learned quite a few things today. Like check your elevation BEFORE you start shooting the first stage! But, I am applying lessons learned from past matches, like bring your rain gear, it's Washington. Great bunch of guys to shoot with, and has a bunch of fun, thanks again, J

Although I was under cover spotting shots during the match, I gotta compliment all those who shot in true monsoon type downpours. Everyone's ability to suck it up and keep concentrating on your shooting in downpours that make even the best rain gear only marginally helpful was quite impressive.

And I'm now employed although be it part-time and low pay lol... The discount is nice though! :p

Had a great time. Thanks to the organizers & other participants. Having people bring you your brass and mags after each stage - felt like I was a VIP! I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with for the next shoot.

And I'm now employed although be it part-time and low pay lol... The discount is nice though! :p

Congratulations Nick! I'm sure you'll be running the place in no time :)

Great to see everybody yesterday - always a lot of laughs and fun shooting. Special thanks to Anton and Kevin for all their effort on putting it together and Eric & Mike's diabolical barricades were put to good use. I could of done without all the rain that seemed to know 'exactly' when I was up to shoot a stage, but this is Western Washington,... I sure hope the powers that be at UNSC let these matches continue. Would have been nice to have had one or two of the board members actually show up to check it out,... I think they would be impressed by the level of precaution and fun,... fingers crossed :)

See you next time!... maybe?

Ryan

Another well run match with lots of challenges again !

Great to see and meet all the new shooters and you guys did great for your first match, way to go !
Russ was fun to have with us giving this a try for the first time and shooting a right handed rifle as a lefty and having to single feed to boot lol. The only thing that could of made it tougher for him would of been to be blind folded, He had a great time though !

Blurry and SLM9s we're running like machines, Blurry its about time to get to the next FSC match...hint....hint ;)

Practiced on the barricades through the week and was looking forward to giving them a go at the match but my accutrigger on my Savage had other plans for me on those two stages by locking up completely, really a bummer but on a good note a new Timney should be here this week lol.

Really do hope the board lets this keep rolling through the year. I think its just getting its legs going especially when you consider there was another match going on yesterday elsewhere and we still had 11 shooters. Can see this growing bigger this year for sure.

Last edited:
I'll actually be in the hunting dept and doing freight so when powder, ammo, etc arrives I can let everyone know. I'll keep an eye out for the 308, varget, and 4350. Be sure to message me if you need something else in particular and I can watch out for it.

I had a lot fun yesterday at the match. Thanks to the organizers again. As a UNSC member is there someone to email about keeping this event going?

Nick, I would appreciate a heads up if 168 or 178 amax bullets ever show up. Which store will you be working?

So I took my rifle apart to check to see what could of caused the problem and I'm sure this is it.

mkhpo3.jpg

Couldn't see it when it was together as it broke just below the top of the stock and must of fell into the void where the top bolt release would be and probably jammed the trigger which is why it would work sometimes and not others . Mines a bottom bolt release version.
Devcon fix today it looks like ;)

I'll be at the Silverdale location. For those that want to see the continuance of the monthly matches at the UNSC please email the Board member there as we can use all the support we can get.

WR Hunter,
Upper Nisqually has a web site, and the email addresses for board members are posted there. feel free to send them emails about practical rifle.

OTHER INFO
I had a really good conversation with the range officer who has been watching many of our matches. He thinks we are a great bunch of guys and he would like to see people like us continue our shoots. He told me that for three matches in a row, people have offered to let him shoot various rifles. that hospitality went a long way toward making a favorable impression, so thanks to everyone who help show us in a good light.

Kevin and I are discussing what props, targets, or supplies to buy with our remaining funds. Please let us know if there are things that anyone thinks would help make the matches more fun.

The range officer and I discussed the possibility of using the 600 yard range, and also the remote (but worth discussing) possibility or using the 600, and 550 yard ranges at the same time for matches. Safety concerns would put quite a few conditions on using both ranges, but it would mean we could run more stages in a lot less time.

I will wait a while before contacting the board as I don't want them feel like I am rushing them. They don't have a oars meeting until next month, and I am hoping to get some contact from them before then. However, I understand that there may be some issues that require the entire board to meet face to face to discuss. I would prefer to miss out on one match waiting for a favorable decision, than to rush and receive a negative decision.

Please let Kevin or myself know what you all think would be good props,or supplies for us to acquire. A doghouse is one of the items on my list. So are more of the target stands and rebar. Those stands would be especially useful if we gain access to another range.

Thanks for all the support...everyone has been great!

Nick: Congratulations. I think they will be very happy with their decision.

Hey guys, & gals. I have some potentially disturbing info to pass along.
I talked to Tibor this morning concerning the Entiat match last weekend. After he arrived @ the road to find it closed, he went back down to the HWY. On the way down he saw a "local" which, he said was a face pierced crack head looking guy, & asked him about the closed road. The guy told him that there was supposed to be a "sniper club" shooting up there, & the Sheriff closed it down.
This is disturbing in several ways. 1: How did this "local" even know about this match? And 2: What right did the local Sheriff have to use a USFS road block to shut it down? There are ordinances about holding "events" on public property, but there is a size limit (I think it's 50) before a permit is needed. It is legal to shoot there, so what was the Sheriff told about the match, & who told him?
Is this a sign of things to come?

Hey guys, & gals. I have some potentially disturbing info to pass along.
I talked to Tibor this morning concerning the Entiat match last weekend. After he arrived @ the road to find it closed, he went back down to the HWY. On the way down he saw a "local" which, he said was a face pierced crack head looking guy, & asked him about the closed road. The guy told him that there was supposed to be a "sniper club" shooting up there, & the Sheriff closed it down.
This is disturbing in several ways. 1: How did this "local" even know about this match? And 2: What right did the local Sheriff have to use a USFS road block to shut it down? There are ordinances about holding "events" on public property, but there is a size limit (I think it's 50) before a permit is needed. It is legal to shoot there, so what was the Sheriff told about the match, & who told him?
Is this a sign of things to come?

That is strange, are we sure it was the sheriff Dept and not LE officer from the USFS? Shooters have a bad rap with a lot of the USFS lands in regards to target shooting because people usually leave a huge mess. People take old appliances out and shoot them up for fun then leave the swiss cheese fridge for someone else to clean up. that is how we lost a lot of good property down south sound.
if it was the Sheriff who shut this down i would make some phone calls and find out why.

I don't know anything for sure. I was told that he said Sheriff. As far as I'm concerned, this "local" shouldn't have even known about it at all. Let alone the "law".

We got a ton of pistol ammo in most calibers in as well as large and small rifle primers. I aslo see 1/2 dozen ar15's...

If there is an officer with either the Sheriff's dept, or USFS that has it in for shooters, it wouldn't be unheard of for them to figure out about various web boards that are being used to coordinate the matches. Hopefully, things don't have to go the way of "guerilla" type matches just because USFS doesn't understand that the matches are for fun, not for profit.

Last edited:
Can any call and ask why the area was locked up? Don't say anything about the match. If they ask just say you were going to go to shoot on public land and it was open earlier in the week

Uhhg! That stinks,... you gotta love how he put it, a "Sniper Club",... grrrr,... I'm heading up toward Bellingham on Thursday and will stop by and talk to Chris about it and let you know what he's figured out. This can't be good for the FSC.

Ry

Yeah. I forgot to mention that he also warned Tibor that the sheriff was up there looking for snipers too.

Same ranger told Chris it was a local leo that told him about the match, that there was an entry fee yada yada yada.

That statement to Chris by the ranger about the leo telling him about the match, well I do know a few folks and I do intend to ask around.

Funny we have had lots of shoots out by eburg and Moses and i have never seen the police, just the fish and wild life folks. Shooting near USFS land and its a whole new ballgame

I could see the road damage thing that's fine. Now about the shooting and looking for "snipers" I was under the impression that this is a tac rifle get together... We all chip in for steel and that eat the cost is for. Steel ain't cheep

The USFS is no longer run or staffed by anyone that has interest in our sport, in fact they really don't want any hobbyists on their property anymore. Have you ever looked at the requirements to actually get a permit for an event on USFS land, they can deny you for a myriad of reasons.

Unfortunately they were aware of an entrance fee, which makes it an event, by the way USFS charges a % not a flat fee for an event, also they have limits on numbers (I believe 20) in an area doing the same thing ie shooting rollerblading, skateboarding and its there discretion to what constitutes the same area, we could be strewn over 1/2 mile of hillside.

I recently saw a quote where someone said that permits are not actually designed to permit things, rather, permits are used to DENY people things.

Going to order up a B&C medalist with a CDI bottom, anyone know anyone who can do a good job inletting the bottom metal for me? thanks for the help guys i just dont wanna be the only guy trying to load an internal box mag against the clock again at the next shoot. it takes me almost 120 seconds to get all 5 rounds in the gun let alone shoot :) hahaha

Going to order up a B&C medalist with a CDI bottom, anyone know anyone who can do a good job inletting the bottom metal for me? thanks for the help guys i just dont wanna be the only guy trying to load an internal box mag against the clock again at the next shoot. it takes me almost 120 seconds to get all 5 rounds in the gun let alone shoot :) hahaha

Talk to JD of High Speed Shooting Systems in Yakima (hsss here on the hide.) He just recently did the exact same job for a buddy of mine. High Speed Shooting Systems Gunsmithing in WA for custom long range rifle

There is guy by the name of Jim hawkings in the Sea-Tac burian area that does in letting he did my B&C tac medalist stock for cdi. Look up hawkings custom stocks. He's close to you.

There is guy by the name of Jim hawkings in the Sea-Tac burian area that does in letting he did my B&C tac medalist stock for cdi. Look up hawkings custom stocks. He's close to you.

Thanks Steve his website has some super nice work on it too, prices are not bad either.

I highly highly recommend having that B&C glass bedded at the same time. My 700 had lots of slop on the bedding block

I talked to the USFS and the word was a couple chelan co. Deputies ground the post and were concerened about the shoot and entry fees. From there they took it to the entiat USFS office where they all had a meeting to discus the shoot. After which the director called me, after 2 decent conversations all parties were happy ( thee USFS and I). After which a lesser employee took it on him self to close the area without orders to do so by his super.
All this info was verified by me from USFS entiat office.
Chris

No prob,
Shooting on USFS ground is gonna be harder for all of us, especially if local LE thinks we're "snipers" time to meet with sherrifs and educate everyone to what we do. Just a thought.

1 we are not "snipers"
2 these are not "sniper rifles". They are precision rifles. I have that debate to many times on other forums.

Let us know how we can help.

I'm not a sniper, but I have hosted a few leo snipers @ my Acme spot before. They were good guys, & we got them all set up for dope out to 600yds. THEY contacted ME to do the shoot. Tibor, & I spent several hours up there setting up, & moving targets for them after several phone calls (from at least 2 different agencies) about the area, & myself. Had I not been working, & had spent a couple hundred $$ on fuel, & motels, to have a leo from the hide make the assumption that we are all "normal" drunken can blasters, I'd be PI$$ed. Actually, I'm PI$$ed anyway. I'm not sure I'll be as helpful next time they want me to help them out. I would hope that a fellow hide member would give us the benefit of the doubt before becoming "concerned", & squawking to a federal agency about our matches. What were they "concerned" about anyway? That they weren't going to get their share of the taxes? That we were going to mow down all the little sapling trees in the area? If they were looking out for us possibly running afoul of some regulations, why didn't they just contact someone here to get some questions answered before going to the USFS?
Rant OFF.

Last edited: