• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Re: Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

What steel is still out there at Acme? Specifically, is the ~500ish yard steel still there at the end of the road?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What steel is still out there at Acme? Specifically, is the ~500ish yard steel still there at the end of the road? </div></div>
There is only one plate there now. The one on the post far left. The rest were tsi's.

How about Saturday then? We can meet at the Sedro Wooley AMPM gas station. Unknown and I usually like to get breakfast before hand, so if anyone's interested in meeting up before lets pick a Shari's somewhere in-between and a time. The attending so far...

Broker
AD1
attherange
Tacreloader25
Captnmo
MK12 MOD0 SPR
unincsmr - ?
bigwheels - ?

Anyone else interested in joining up on this little get together Saturday? Anyone above with a "?" want to confirm?

I'm good for Saturday, with the provision that if my wife gets sick, I'll of course bow out to take care of her. I'll explain it to ya'all when I see you.

I ordered 6 pieces of steel, but don't expect to receive them for another week or so. I don't have any hangers even if the steel arrives today..

unknown, we are going to have some hangers in the near future as well. You will love them!!

I have a big steel silhouette target I can bring for the 1000+ distance, it has it's own stand so we just need to plant it down in some dirt.
What time in Sedro Wooley??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a big steel silhouette target I can bring for the 1000+ distance, it has it's own stand so we just need to plant it down in some dirt.
What time in Sedro Wooley?? </div></div>

That would be awesome man!

If anyone else wants to bring some steel it would be greatly appreciated.

Let's shoot for 8am to avoid traffic and get in and set up reasonably early. The address is below. If that's too early for anyone let me know. I'd like to get breakfast somewhere in-between though.

830 Moore St
Sedro Woolley, WA 98284

What time were you figuring on being up on the hill to shoot? I was thinking I'd just meet everyone up there.

I'm in for saturday.

just wanna confirm that were gonna meet at the gas station at 8am?

captanmo maybe we can car pool together. i live in kent close to freeways. let me know if your interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time were you figuring on being up on the hill to shoot? I was thinking I'd just meet everyone up there. </div></div>

However long it takes to get from AmPm to there. Unknown and I have only been there once, and I kind of remember how to get there, but if you know the way MG and wanted to lead us in the charge should BW be unable to make it I would appreciate it.

I could do that. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and if BW can't make it then I'll meet up with you guys.

Thanks MG...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could do that. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and if BW can't make it then I'll meet up with you guys. </div></div>

Is this the same place Jeff took us?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could do that. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and if BW can't make it then I'll meet up with you guys. </div></div>

Is this the same place Jeff took us?</div></div>

Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could do that. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and if BW can't make it then I'll meet up with you guys. </div></div>

Is this the same place Jeff took us? </div></div>

You can only come if you've got my can and paperwork
wink.gif
... Are you gonna join us Saturday?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unknown, we are going to have some hangers in the near future as well. You will love them!! </div></div>

JCVibby,
Neat...I was going to use some fire hose, but I'm sure open to suggestions. I'm looking forward to getting the steel and having some fun with it.

Thanks

Broker and Unknown,

You guys taking the ferry over to whidbey or are you driving around?? Do you want to carpool and split the gas three ways?? Let me know what you guys decide. Still not sure if I can make it .... but I'll try. I'll let ya know for sure one way or the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker and Unknown,

You guys taking the ferry over to whidbey or are you driving around?? Do you want to carpool and split the gas three ways?? Let me know what you guys decide. Still not sure if I can make it .... but I'll try. I'll let ya know for sure one way or the other. </div></div>

Whidbey? We drive around from Gig Harbor. You can carpool with me Muttt down to Gig Harbor and we can all carpool up that way. Just let me know for sure...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a big steel silhouette target I can bring for the 1000+ distance, it has it's own stand so we just need to plant it down in some dirt.
What time in Sedro Wooley?? </div></div>

That would be awesome man!

If anyone else wants to bring some steel it would be greatly appreciated.

Let's shoot for 8am to avoid traffic and get in and set up reasonably early. The address is below. If that's too early for anyone let me know. I'd like to get breakfast somewhere in-between though.

830 Moore St
Sedro Woolley, WA 98284 </div></div>

I'll be there steel and ammo in tow. Thanx for organizing Broker.

I will be going out to Upper Nisqually with Mk12 Mod 0 on Friday, so I'll bow out on going out Saturday too.

Anyone else along with Muttt want to carpool here in Kitsap?

Broker,
If you need to use my Kestrel, Exbal, or other kit, let me know. I'm sure we can figure out a way to get the stuff to you.

Broker,

That's fine. Just let me know where and when to meet ya. What are you driving? We can take the rig with the best mileage and split the cost of gas.

Unknown are you not coming? If you are, I'll bring that stuff you let me borrow. I hope you can make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker,

That's fine. Just let me know where and when to meet ya. What are you driving? We can take the rig with the best mileage and split the cost of gas.

Unknown are you not coming? If you are, I'll bring that stuff you let me borrow. I hope you can make it. </div></div>

He can't make it this time around. I'm driving my 98 Nissan Pathfinder. I can pick you up at your place early or you can meet me early in Silverdale somewhere.

My truck is a dodge with a Magnum V-8 ..... you get the better mileage ..... LOL.

We could meet at Target. No sense driving all the way out to my place ...... I'm all the way down at the end of Olympic View.

just got back from benchmark barrels in Arlington. Some guys showed up while I was there with a bunch of scope rings and benchmark bought a bunch of them, they are called B A Gear and seem really well made, I bought a set of 30MM low for my .260,
the guys at benchmark only carry those now as they said they were the best rings they ever saw.
Anybody ever heard of those rings, they weren't cheap??

I do remember seeing the prototype for these rings, they looked pretty innovative even then, so Benchmark likes them, that's a good sign.

those guys said they were made in WA state and that is a plus for me. I like the pins system, keep the cap from pinching the tube and they are matched top and bottom so you cannot mix them up.
I also noticed that when i torqued the cap screws, the scope stayed perfectly level compared to the other brand I used before, If they work out I may switch all my rings to those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got back from benchmark barrels in Arlington. Some guys showed up while I was there with a bunch of scope rings and benchmark bought a bunch of them, they are called B A Gear and seem really well made, I bought a set of 30MM low for my .260,
the guys at benchmark only carry those now as they said they were the best rings they ever saw.
Anybody ever heard of those rings, they weren't cheap?? </div></div>

Here's the two best links that I could find regarding B A Gear scope rings.

http://killerinnovations.net/home.html

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/B.A.-Gear-Rifle-Scope-Rings.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those guys said they were made in WA state and that is a plus for me. I like the pins system, keep the cap from pinching the tube and they are matched top and bottom so you cannot mix them up.
I also noticed that when i torqued the cap screws, the scope stayed perfectly level compared to the other brand I used before, If they work out I may switch all my rings to those. </div></div>

You gonna bring them on Saturday to look at?

yes, I just talked to one of the guys that makes them and he is sending me a couple sets to show you guys at the shoot this saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">perfect for figuring out the wind and get some good data </div></div>

Lol... The weather will be less than sunny it would appear and the rainfall is like a 2000 yard shot... cross your fingers. I understand if there's anyone that wants to cancel. I'm still going to go though as bad weather is good training weather for a newby like me
grin.gif

Broker,

As much as I hate to say this, I am not going to be able to make it out this Saturday. Something personal came up. Too bad, I really wanted to shoot with you guys. I've never shot to 1000 before, and this would have been a good opportunity. No, it's not because of the weather (I have gortex) ..... LOL. We live in WA ... the weather is the weather.

Hey Puget Sound guys, Steve from Tacoma here. I'm coming from a benchrest background and looking to enter the tactical arena. I was just wondering if you knew of any rifles for sale, preferrably local, but I'd take shipped too - I'm looking for a nice custom action repeater, detach mag, in a non-magnum cartdridge. 260/6.5CM/6.5x47L/243 ideally, but let me know if you have anything close.

Thanks,
Steve in Tacoma

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slm9s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Puget Sound guys, Steve from Tacoma here. I'm coming from a benchrest background and looking to enter the tactical arena. I was just wondering if you knew of any rifles for sale, preferrably local, but I'd take shipped too - I'm looking for a nice custom action repeater, detach mag, in a non-magnum cartdridge. 260/6.5CM/6.5x47L/243 ideally, but let me know if you have anything close.

Thanks,
Steve in Tacoma </div></div>

Welcome again, lol...

Hey guys Steve was telling me he's interested in getting a hands on with an AI and TRG chassis to see which he prefers before buying. Anyone near Tacoma and want to meet up with him that has a chassis he could see up close?

Hey Guys. Wish I could shoot with all of you this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and the weather holds up for you.

Sincerely,

K9-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K9-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys. Wish I could shoot with all of you this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and the weather holds up for you.

Sincerely,

K9- </div></div>

But you can... Just meet us in Sedro Woolley on Saturday
wink.gif
Lol...

I am 100 % in rain or shine. I do not have any steel to shoot at but I do have a couple target stands and some shoot n see stickers, paper targets etc.. any other thoughts regarding targets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K9-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys. Wish I could shoot with all of you this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and the weather holds up for you.

Sincerely,

K9- </div></div>

wink.gif
Lol... </div></div>

Really wish I could Broker. It would be nice to get out and meet a few of you over a nice day shooting. I got a call from the employer this morning asking for my services Saturday or I would be all over meeting up with everyone. Hopefully we can do this again in the near future
smile.gif

K9-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AD1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 100 % in rain or shine. I do not have any steel to shoot at but I do have a couple target stands and some shoot n see stickers, paper targets etc.. any other thoughts regarding targets? </div></div>

I believe several are bringing some steel for us to ring. If I can close some business anytime soon I'll be picking up some as well...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K9-</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K9-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys. Wish I could shoot with all of you this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and the weather holds up for you.

Sincerely,

K9- </div></div>

wink.gif
Lol... </div></div>

Really wish I could Broker. It would be nice to get out and meet a few of you over a nice day shooting. I got a call from the employer this morning asking for my services Saturday or I would be all over meeting up with everyone. Hopefully we can do this again in the near future
smile.gif

K9- </div></div>

I'm sure we'll have something again soon. Any excuse to go out and shoot lol...

What's up guys! Thanks to Unknown for sending me here from WAguns. I was over there poking around without much luck. I just moved here from socal where I was a part of a precision rifle club that had 600 yard matches every month. I love shooting matches. It seems like there's quite a few people interested in practical rifle in this thread. I'm really ready to commit more time and effort to building my skills in the next year. I'd love to head out there this weekend but won't be able to. Here's a motivational pic! Me at my last match. Later

CaPRC Centerfire Match - January 2012 by john_n_lee, on Flickr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up guys! Thanks to Unknown for sending me here from WAguns. I was over there poking around without much luck. I just moved here from socal where I was a part of a precision rifle club that had 600 yard matches every month. I love shooting matches. It seems like there's quite a few people interested in practical rifle in this thread. I'm really ready to commit more time and effort to building my skills in the next year. I'd love to head out there this weekend but won't be able to. Here's a motivational pic! Me at my last match. Later

CaPRC Centerfire Match - January 2012 by john_n_lee, on Flickr </div></div>

Welcome!

Heathenrifleman,

Welcome!
Upper Nisqually sportsman's club has a 550 yard range where you can shoot any time there isn't a match.. And so far, they don't mind if I mount clay birds on cardboard backers to shoot at.. They are kinda hard to hit at 550 yards as they are only about 4 inches showing.

If you are looking for somewhere to shoot, upper nisqually doesn't have a waiting list to join. Most of the clubs with 600 yard ranges either have a long waiting list, or they rarely use the 600 yard range.

Hopefully, Broker will find us something around here soon.

We would like to find a place to shoot, but want to make sure that we aren't breaking any laws, or trespassing. The rifles most of the people here shoot are just too damned expensive to have them seized because we were shooting somewhere we shouldn't have been. So we are trying to do this right, and make sure we have all the necessary permits, or permission to shoot before we start shooting somewhere where we may end up with legal difficulties.

hey sorry to do this but i got asked to work saturday so I'm not gonna be there at the crack of dawn with you guys. but good news is the job site i have to go to isn't to far from the am/pm. how long do you think you guys will be there? id still like to make it out there even if its later.