• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

I just can't win... The EMT class I'm going through I thought started September 24th, but now I'm finding out it's the 5th. I won't be attending the match or anything else for probably the next year since after the EMT course I'll be doing the Fire Academy...

As Nick is canceling, I will put DeadNBRKN84 in his spot..

Fedcop, with nick's cancelation there is no one on the waiting list. If you want on that list and someone cancels, you could get their spot. Let me know if you want me to put you on the cancelation list.

Last edited:
I saw a counter sniped with mil dot the other day for $55. I seriously want to run this at the match lol

Cabelas has most CCI, Federal, and Remington primers in stock and you can order from their web site. I noticed the Hazmat fee is only $20 - less than the $27 charged elsewhere. Shipping is $5 if you pay with your Cabelas card.

Now for powder to become available.

Hey fellas,

Brand new here to the snipershide forum. Redirected again to a more precise part of the forum for specifically around my area or for the most part.
Hope to maybe meet you guys once I get a new rifle, start shooting distance and maybe a few matches if I start becoming decent.

Tabby,
Welcome to our little group. You can come out and watch matches for free while you are waiting for your rifle. That way you can start meeting some of the people who post here. Next match is Saturday, 07 September at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club.

On another note...

I went to the Lacey Cabela's earlier this week and picked up some W748 powder. They had a number of IMR powders, and a few others, so it is worth a call to them to see what they actually have on the shelf. They have a limit of 2 pounds of any one powder per customer. You can buy 2 pounds of a number of different kinds of powder, but no more than 2 pounds of each.

It only took me about 30 minutes to drive there, so if shipping and hazmat cost $25, it is pretty close to a wash on cost to have it shipped VS drive to pick it up. I figure an hours driving at 15 MPG takes about 4 gallons...or $16 worth of fuel. But now I have 500 rounds loaded for my Grendel...

We now have use of two ranges at Upper Nisqually. We will have the 550, and the 100 yard range for matches. The courses of fire have gone out to everyone on the mailing list, and will be posted here shortly.

We are opening up the reservation list to 30 shooters because of the extra range space. If things work out as we plan, we will continue to add more spots, as long as we can be off the ranges on time to return them for use by other club members. We are also going to have some of the shooters helping us run the stages. Shooters (we need 8) helping run the ranges will only help act as range officers for half the match, and will have a $10 entry fee rather than the normal $20 fee.

We have seven more openings for spots in the September 7, 2013 match. Let me know you want a spot and I'll put you onto the list (at least until we reach 30 shooters).

Orientation for all first time shooters starts at 08:30, match starts at 10:00.

Last edited:
The Board of Directors at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club has agreed to help us expand so more people can attend the practical rifle matches. To this end, they are allowing us to use both the 550 and 100 yard ranges at the same time. It is our hope that by using both ranges, we can shorten the wait time between shooting stages, and allow more people to attend the matches. The September 2013 match will be our initial match using both ranges. Our commitment to the board is that we will be off the 100 yard range by 2:00 PM, so it can be returned to use by other club members.

Here are the courses of fire for the September match. We will run the third stage on the 550 yard range if time permits.

We are opening up the reservation list now to the first 30 shooters to sign in. If our timing works out as planned, we will continue to add spaces for more shooters as long as we can honor our commitment to be off the ranges at the agreed on times.

Many thanks to Eric B. and Mike W. for the new platform prop that we will be using on the 550 yard range this coming month.

September 2013 match – 550 yard range setup

T1 - 200 yards left – 10” round

T2 - 200 yards right – 6” square

T3 - 270 yards – 10” round

T4 - 325 yards – 12” round

T5 - 400 yards – 50%

T6 - 450 yards – 50%

T7 - 500 yards – 66%

T8 - 530 yards left – 66%

T9 - 530 yards right – 66%

KYL rack at approx. 400 yards – 10” round, 8” round, 8”x5” rectangle and 6” square

Stage 1 Swinging platform 12 rounds / 9 targets/ 18 points possible 90 seconds

Shooters will start standing with the rifle staged on the swinging platform with the rifle UNLOADED. Upon the start signal the shooter will have 90 seconds to load their rifle and engage targets T1-T9 in order with a minimum of 1 round and a maximum of 2 rounds per target. The shooter is only required to engage each target once; however, they may use their extra rounds to re-engage a target immediately after a miss. The shooter may not engage a target, move on to a new target, and then re-engage a previous target. First round hits are worth 2 points, second round hits worth 1 point.

Stage 2 Rooftop / barricade 15 rounds / 12 targets / 24 points possible 120 seconds

Shooters will start in the over-watch position on the rooftop with up to 3 rounds loaded in the rifle (chamber closed, on safe). Upon the start signal the shooter will engage the 3 round targets from near-to-far (T1, T3 & T4) with 1 round each target. Hits are worth 2 points. Once the shooter has engaged the three round targets they will reposition (RIFLE WILL BE EMPTY) to the designated barricade ports, reload with up to 12 rounds and engage targets T1-T9 IN REVERSE ORDER (T9-T8-T7 etc.). The shooter will engage the targets with a minimum of 1 round and a maximum of 2 rounds per target. The shooter is only required to engage each target once; however, they may use their extra rounds to re-engage a target immediately after a miss. The shooter may not engage a target, move on to a new target, and then re-engage a previous target. First round hits are worth 2 points, second round hits worth 1 point.

Stage 3 KYL rack 4 rounds / 4 targets / 10 points possible 30 seconds

Shooters will start in the prone position with their rifle loaded with up to 4 rounds (chamber closed, on safe). Upon the start signal shooters will have 30 seconds to engage the targets at the 400+ yard KYL rack, largest to smallest. Stop when you want, but miss and you lose all points and the stage is over. Target sizes are 10” round, 8”round, 8.5” x5.5 rectangle and a 6” square. 10” is worth 1 point, 8” is worth 2 points, rectangle is 3 points and the 6” square is worth 4 points.

ON THE 100 YARD RANGE

1. Standards drill

10" round =1 point

8" round =2 points

6" square =3 points

mini rectangle (2"x3")= 1 point

mini diamond (3"x5")= 1 point

90 seconds;11 shots, 20 points possible

Begin in low ready position with up to 6 rounds loaded in rifle. Must engage each string in the same direction, but shooter can designate either R-L, or L-R. After start signal, engage each large target offhand, unsupported with only 1 round each, then transition to kneeling position, and engage each large target with only 1 round each. Rifle's action MUST be open during the transition to seated position, or stage ends at that point. Shooter reloads AFTER getting into seated position with up to 5 rounds, and engages each large target with only 1 round each. Shooter then goes to prone position, and engages each mini target with only 1 round each.

2. OH BALLS!! (or golf balls at the parapet)

10 rounds, 90 seconds, 20 points possible

There will be a rack of tethered golf balls at the 100 yard line

Shooter begins with empty rifle at low ready, and a magazine with up to 10 rounds in it staged on the parapet level on which they choose to begin. The objective is to hit the most stationary golf ball furthest to the left on the rack of golf balls.

After the start signal, shooter will fire only 3 rounds from each of the three levels of the parapet (total of 9 rounds), then shooter may go prone to fire one last round around the end of the parapet prop. Each golf ball struck is worth 2 points.

NOTE: After both squads of shooters have completed stages 1-4, we will clear off the 100 yard range so other club members can use it. We will then return to the 550 yard range, and if there is enough time, we will shoot the Know your limits rack stage. We have to be off the 100 yard range by 2 PM, and off both ranges by 4 PM, so help clearing the ranges of plates and mounting racks will be greatly appreciated.

As we will be running two different ranges, we will need more help with scoring and spotting. Anyone willing to help Unknown and I do this throughout the match will have a $10 entry fee. Please let us know ahead of time if you would be willing to help. We need about 8 people to help us run the ranges efficiently. That way, we can have 2 people helping on each range, while two more people are getting ready to shoot, or clearing off from shooting. This way the people helping will really only be helping run the ranges for half of the match.

This will be the first time we will run two ranges, and depending on shooter feedback, we may continue using two ranges, we may stop using two ranges, or we may even use two ranges and incorporate some pistol shooting on the 100 yard range. Your input is important, as you, the shooters are our "customers". Therefore, your input lets us know the direction you would like us to head with this endeavor.

We hope that by using the 100 yard range, there will be less waiting between shooting, and we will be able to have either more shooting, or matches that run faster with less waiting time. If this all works out as we hope, we will be able to do away with the reservation list, and simply open the matches to all who wish to shoot. Your patience, and input will be immensely helpful as we move forward with these ideas.

KevinD
and
Unknown

Man this is going to be a great match ! Great job on the C.O.F looks like there's plenty of challenges in there to push everyone's limits !
Love the 2 points for first round hits too, makes precision more important than speed which is what this is about for sure.
Can't wait ;)

Can we get a photo/rough dimensions of the swinging platform? Its ON... lmao

So basically one of these "Swings" with Anton in it?

*This link is Adult in nature and intended for mature viewers*

Never mind, I'm not going to take this in that direction... You can thank me later.

LMAO! Please don't ever put that link up!

The platform is large enough to go prone and it is suspended from all four corners.

BGE541,
Be nice now, or I'll wear a kilt to a match. The view might make shooters with a weaker constitution faint! (I was referring to my knobby knees, what did you think I meant?)

You can wear a kilt if you want, but we have to make a rule right now that you can't go prone at any time!

The dreaded platform from Jakes match earlier this year, the only problem was the targets were located down below you, so you had to get some elevation as well, atlas fully extended and the ruck for me. Mike (1911fan ro'ing) and Joe in the picture.

Traditionally kilts are worn "freestyle". However, gentlemanly rules of decorum state that at any athletic event where children or women may be present, that is one of the rare instances where it is acceptable to wear something under a kilt. The rationale is so you don't end up embarassing anyone, or end up with women and children having a view of something they would prefer to NOT see.

Dingle berries you say !

The swinging platform will have shorter chains than Jakes and I can pretty much guarantee that we won't have the 15 to 22 mph winds that Jakes did either ;)

Do we have any other photos from this squad at Jakes Match? I ask because my buddy Joe had his Eberlstock (sp) bag stolen from his home and Ins wont cover it unless he can prove a photo... Please look, he had the Blue McMillan stocked 6mm Crusader w/ USO scope.

Had to dig up these photo's Pearl took at JC Steel, but there is the possibility that he may be in there at the beginning.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=4b1db25ab6041fb5&id=4B1DB25AB6041FB5!308&authkey=!AL4uBUSohM2HlGU

Do we have any other photos from this squad at Jakes Match? I ask because my buddy Joe had his Eberlstock (sp) bag stolen from his home and Ins wont cover it unless he can prove a photo... Please look, he had the Blue McMillan stocked 6mm Crusader w/ USO scope.

What squad was he with, that's Joe C in the picture. Most of Pearls shots are of her squad, if we knew who he shot with, we might be able to find out. The link worked for me.

Yeah not Joe C but Joe M. Had the McMillan Stocked GAP 6mm Crusader. Shot in the same group as I did, Nick S, Joe M, Eric (Guy with the Savage w/Suppressor and TON of gear) etc. Pack was like a light gray if I can remember.

Thanks All.

I was in that group, but unfortunately I don't have any pics of Joe M's stuff :(

Link works for me also. If he's in there it would be in the first 10-15 pictures while we we're all in the parking lot waiting to get hauled up the hill or the staging area for the cold bore.
I took two short video's of the staging area for the cold bore but you'd have to come over to see if you see him in there. Can freeze it and make a photo from the video if he is.

Craig then who was in our group...

You must not have been in our group then. As far as I remember the group I was in had: Me, Ian, my dad, Matt, Reed, Joe M, another older guy, and maybe Nick was in our group too.

...and maybe Nick was in our group too.

Too funny... Yeah so at least I'm not making this up, Joe M does exist. Please let me know if anyone has photos of his stuff. Got the link to work but no photos of him. This theft stuff is garbage...

Thanks All for the help.

There's 2x 500ct Berger 168 VLD Hunting, 2x 100ct 168 Berger VLD Hunting, and 2x 100ct 155.5gr Target bullets at the store I can snag if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Just a heads up if anyone is looking for a Travel Trailer - 1998 Holiday Rambler 25ft Alumalite , Tabs good 7/14 , New tires

*TRAILER SOLD*

Last edited:
TTT for the PS Shooters. What's new? Enjoy the Washington Outdoors!

A huge congrats to Jake who took 2nd place overall at this weekends Oregon Sniper Challenge!

Can anyone recommend a smith in the kitsap area, just need to have a barrel removed from a rem 700 action.

Thanks,
-Kelly

Can anyone recommend a smith in the kitsap area, just need to have a barrel removed from a rem 700 action.

Thanks,
-Kelly

I would drive south if you're in Belfair to Elma and recommend Travis with Rbros.

Well looks like I'm scheduled to get to come home for Christmas.

Read about the last few matches and they sound like an absolute blast!

If you're planning for one at the beginning of January count me in. (from the looks of things you have to get registered early for a spot.)

Hope all of you are doing well, and staying safe.

Take care till next time.

PhOnEpHrEaK,
Nice to hear from you again. I'm sure we can find you a spot. Matches have been moved to the first Saturday of each month. Hopefully, we won't get ice, or snow in January. Early this year we had one match where the high temperature was 27 degrees F.
That was sort of chilly.

The only time I'll cancel a match is if the roads are unsafe as in ice or snow. I would rather spend the amount of my insurance deductable on reloading components than at an auto body shop...or hospital.