• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

All, I came across an extra pound of H-4350. I'll sell it to a NEEDY shooter for what I paid. $31.00 with tax.
Only have the one. Local pick up only. (Wenatchee)
Text me for the quickest response.
509-860-0974
Jim

Welcome, if you get the urge, we have 700 yards at our local club and several LR shooters in the Wenatchee area.

Thanks! I need to get my LR rifle shipped out here. I met/befriended Greg of Gold Creek Rifles. We have big plans to team up for the spring team matches etc. Looking forward to coming out. Please keep me in the loop!

Unknown,

I hate to, but I'm going to have to give my spot up this month. I've been working on something all week at work and it doesn't look like I'll be done before tomorrow.

Thank you to Anton, Kevin, the ROs and everyone else for a great day of shooting and hanging out with good people! Just got done sorting out the pictures...

UNSC2013Sep Photos by StainlessSteelSamurai | Photobucket

Picture of the day:

DSC_0128_zpsb893dcc1.jpg

Great pics and Thanks for taking them ! I tried saving and cropping the splash but really need to do it from the original photo or its too pixilated.

Great match ! Here's my day mentaly in order through the stages.
1. Head down bummed,
2. Hell yea !,
3. I THOUGHT it would be easy ?
4. Pulling it back together
5. 13 seconds and done, and I'm not talking about my sex life at the moment !

Really a fun COF, Its a good match to me when you have no idea how you've done for the day because you managed to blow a few things along the way.
A huge thanks to Kevin, Anton and all the R.O's who helped make the two ranges run smooooth and kept us flowing in a safe match. Thought it ran pretty damn well for the first time.
Always fun to see everyone again and shoot the shit along with the targets ;)

I think it would be great to look at getting the UNSC matches involved with the PRS club series for 2014 !

I would like to thank everyone at yesterdays match for being kind and helpful to the new shooters (my first as well). Looking forward to next month!

I just found another 40+ photos and uploaded them to the same album, mostly stuff off the rooftop barricade. I tried to do a quick and dirty zoom and crop, but I can't go much farther without it getting pretty grainy...

Splash_zpse049a70b.jpg

We had another great match at UNSC yesterday! I really want to thank all of the ROs that helped Unknown and myself run this match so well. Without their help this match would not have been possible.

Congratulations are in order to AtOne for his 4th win in a row! I also want to congratulate Team RBros for locking up the top 4 spots in the match, good shooting guys.

We had 9 new shooters this month and hopefully they will return next month and shoot with us again as you are all welcome back.

After talking to Unknown yesterday we are both in agreement that the two separate ranges we used worked out very well and we are going to ask the club for continued use of both ranges.

I had a blast yesterday, and learned a good lesson. ALWAYS update the weather conditions in your ballistics app before writing down your dope for the targets. I was .2 mils off of what I should have been because I forgot to do that. Lesson learned!

Now on to the scores.
Stage 1 was the golf balls from various positions at 100 yards, stage 2 was the swinging platform, stage 3 was the rooftop to barricade and then stage 4 was the know your limits rack.

PLACE----NAME----RIFLE TYPE-------STAGE 1---STAGE 2---STAGE 3---STAGE 4--TIME TOTAL---MATCH TOTAL
1---------ERIC B.-----BOLT --------------8----------18--------22---------10---------------------------58
2---------ALAN H.----BOLT---------------8----------11--------24---------10---------------------------53
3---------BRIAN P.----BOLT--------------10---------12--------18---------10---------------------------50
4---------TRAVIS R.--BOLT--------------10----------5---------24---------10-------- 278.19-----------49
5---------JEREMY B.----------------------8----------14--------17---------10---------297.92-----------49
6---------JASON A.-----------------------4----------10--------22---------10---------------------------46
7---------MIKE W-----BOLT--------------6----------12--------24----------0----------308.70-----------42
8---------SCOTT S.---BOLT--------------8----------12--------22----------0----------321.58----------42
9---------CAMERON W.-------------------2----------11--------16---------10---------------------------39
10--------RYAN B.----BOLT---------------4----------8---------16---------10---------304.41-----------38
11--------KEVIN O.-----------------------6-----------5---------17---------10---------309.20----------38
12--------ED M.-------BOLT--------------8----------11---------18---------0---------------------------37
13--------JOE C.------BOLT---------------4----------8---------12---------10---------------------------34
14--------ANTON G.--SEMI---------------10---------10---------13---------0----------------------------33
15--------LAUREL C.--BOLT---------------0----------6---------16---------10---------------------------32
16--------ROD G.-------------------------4----------12---------14---------0---------------------------30
17--------JASON G.---BOLT---------------6----------9----------8----------6---------------------------29
18--------RUSS H.----BOLT---------------2----------8----------8---------10--------299.98------------28
19--------JEREMY L.--BOLT----------------4---------10---------4---------10-------324.62------------28
20--------KEVIN D.---BOLT---------------12---------6----------9----------0---------------------------27
21--------MARTY H.---SEMI---------------4---------12----------9----------0---------------------------25
22--------MARK K.------------------------2----------8----------13---------0---------------------------23
23--------JOE W.-----BOLT---------------2----------6----------10---------0---------------------------18
24--------MATT J.-------------------------4----------4-----------8---------0----------------------------16
25--------STEVE L.---BOLT---------------6----------5-----------4---------0----------------------------15
26--------JOSH D.------------------------2-----------5-----------7---------0---------------------------14
27--------SHAWN M.----------------------0----------3------------6--------0--------226.2---------------9
28--------ROBERT B.-BOLT---------------0-----------5----------4----------0-------294.88--------------9

I have sent a range report to the UNSC board letting them know how the match went yesterday, and inquiring whether we can get access to the 100 yard range for future matches. I am going to hold off on making up a "reservation" list for the October 2013 match until we hear back from the board. If we are granted more use of the 100 yard range, we will do away with the reservation system (yay me!), and simply see how many people show up for the October match.

I echo Kevin's thanks to all those who helped RO the match yesterday. Your assistance was a critical component in helping make the match run as well as it did. Many thanks to all of you. We had seven (7) people helping out, and I wouldn't mind having even more people helping, as the more people who help out, the easier the workload on everyone that pitches in.

To all those who helped clear off the ranges yesterday, a huge thanks to you as well. A job that usually takes a half hour to fourty five minutes was done in about fifteen minutes. That was fabulous!

I just found another 40+ photos and uploaded them to the same album, mostly stuff off the rooftop barricade. I tried to do a quick and dirty zoom and crop, but I can't go much farther without it getting pretty grainy...

Those photos are great! Would it be possible to get a full-sized copy of that photo to use on my blog/facebook? I will happily give credit if your wife would like it as well. :)

-Laurel

Those photos are great! Would it be possible to get a full-sized copy of that photo to use on my blog/facebook? I will happily give credit if your wife would like it as well. :)

-Laurel

Also - would she be OK with me using some of her photos for a blog post? I will definitely give her credit for the photography (does she have a website or anything she wants to promote?) if that's ok.

:)

Hey Shooters,
I lost a back pack over the weekend that had some interesting things in It. The back pack was Army Camouflage Pattern. I'm getting old and do not know if I took it to the match or not. Bottom line is I had a one off Springfield XDM 5.25 with a reduced and stippled grip. If you see it on the forums or in a pawn shop some where let me know.
v/r
Scott

Hey Shooters,
I lost a back pack over the weekend that had some interesting things in It. The back pack was Army Camouflage Pattern. I'm getting old and do not know if I took it to the match or not. Bottom line is I had a one off Springfield XDM 5.25 with a reduced and stippled grip. If you see it on the forums or in a pawn shop some where let me know.
v/r
Scott

Ill keep an eye out

Looed like a great time! Unknown, can I get on the email list again?
Thanks, Id like a spot for next match if I may RSVP.

Scott don't remember seeing it while we we're all talking at the end on the 530 range and I believe the R.O cleaned out the 100 yard one before the KYL.
Hope it turns up !

I need some advice from fellow sounders -

Who would you recommend in our area for a re-barrel? I'm thinking about replacing the factory barrel on a 700. Thanks

I Second the recommendation for Travis. A secondary recommendation is West Wind Rifles in Erie, Co. Boots Obermeyer recommended him when I needed a re-barrel done. Both times I sent him a rifle to do the bullet jump to lands came back perfect. I asked for 10-15 thou jump, and both times I got 12.5 thou. I didn't know a machinist could come that close...now I know.

Stretched out the little rifle a little bit.

Was shooting a piece of steel about the size of printer paper at 265 yards with my little trainer .22. 5* uphill. Kinda funny. If I could feel no wind on my skin, I held dead on to get a hit. If I felt ANY breeze on my skin I was having to hold 15' to the left to get hits!! ; ]

I need some advice from fellow sounders -

Who would you recommend in our area for a re-barrel? I'm thinking about replacing the factory barrel on a 700. Thanks

Ill put Jd in the hat, posts under the name hsss here. He's out of Yakima, and does great work. Heard great things about Rbros as others have recommended.

Ill put Jd in the hat, posts under the name hsss here. He's out of Yakima, and does great work. Heard great things about Rbros as others have recommended.
I'll second JD. He's easy to communicate with and he does awesome work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to stay within WA to support the local guys. I'll contact R Bros and see what the options are.

I know Travis is busy, but any good smith is going to have people waiting for their work. If you are really lucky and find someone like Travis or JD with an opening, you are lucky. It does happen on occasion.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to stay within WA to support the local guys. I'll contact R Bros and see what the options are.

Give me a call and we can discuss what you are thinking of having done. Its been tough to keep stock of components this year but I always have barrels coming in to try to cut down on lead-times.

Match is now set for 19 October (3rd weekend). We have use of both the 550 and 100 yard ranges, so we will go to 30 shooters...give or take a few.

1. Kevin D.
2. Joe W.
3. Reed W.
4. Ed M.
5. Craig C.
6. Laurel C.
7. Joe C.
8. Jason A.
9. Jason G.
10. Ryan B.
11. Mike W.
12. Rod G. (RO)
13. Steve L.
14. Eric B.
15. Russ H.
16. Dan H.
17. Steve (Spot On)
18. Marty (MJH30)
19. Mike S.
20. Steven E.
21. Jeremy B.
22. Kevin O.
23. Jeremy L.
24. Anton G.
25. Josh P.
26. John M.
27. Cameron W.
28. Jason (Steepdiver's buddy)
29. Scott S.

For those that didn't get the news, hunter sight in days are being held on the first, and second weekend in October. Like most clubs, UNSC can use the cash and public relations that come from the hunter sight in days, so our match got moved to the 19th. I'm just happy we get a match with both ranges again!

Last edited:
for local work:

Ron & Chris - Benchmark Barrels
Travis - Rbros
JD ? JT , James Thomas - High Speed Shooting Systems (Yakima)

will try and get over for the next shoot, ? RO ? shoot

If there is an opening for the October match, please add me. (Any weekend in Oct. is fine.)

I can make it either the second or third weekend. I don't know if the second weekend is even an option or not but I can do either. I have a salmon fishing trip the first weekend or I'd be there.

-Jeremy B.

Last edited:
UNSC has a web site with lots of info. Match info is sent out to anyone who sends an email asking to be on the mailing list, and includes anything relevant to the matches including courses of fire, match dates, or changes.

Matches are normally held on the first Saturday of each month, however, during the first 2 weekends in October, UNSC is considering holding hunter sight in days. As a result of the sight in days, we aren't yet sure if we will have the match on one range (550 yard range), or if the match will be on a different weekend and have two ranges. I'll send out the info as soon as UNSC lets me know.

Hunter sight in days brings in lots of cash, helps recruit new members, and is great public relations, so I understand why the club might bump us.