• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Faced with needing to load in order to shoot the UNSC rifle match in a few days, I had a dream that I just shot the whole match with my 10/22.

Off to deprime and size brass tonight. :(

The small amount of CCI BR2, BR4, and Large Rifle primers are disappearing quickly. I'm already sending a bunch to the UNSC monthly match with AtOne. If anyone needs primers you need to hit me up on a PM ASAP and I can pick some more up tomorrow if there's any left.

I have 200 of 175gr FGMM... Just want too offer ammo to those in need!

Faced with needing to load in order to shoot the UNSC rifle match in a few days, I had a dream that I just shot the whole match with my 10/22.

Off to deprime and size brass tonight. :(

My backup plan in the event of component depletion involves shooting my Mosin Nagant.

Guys its been a while since I shot at UNSC, what is the box and what time do we muster at. Laurel, got no ammo loaded for my 260's, took the lazy man approach, dusted off the AR, will drag her out for show and tell and see how she performs.

MJH,

The box is built out of 2x6 lumber with the edges (1.5 inches) down, and the sides rise about 5.5 inches above the ground. Inside dimensions for the box are 42-44 inches inside. You can use a tripod inside the box as long as you hold it to begin, and it all fits inside the box. I put a simulated box out of duct tape on the ground, and if I scrunch up I can get myself in kneeling position and a tripod in the box. I will bring my tripod with the saddle attached to it out to the match, and anyone who wants to use it will be welcome to do so. With a reverse kneeling position and the saddle, it is actually surprisingly stable.

As you have completed the orientation months ago, you don't have to show up for that part. The match starts at 10:00 am, signup starts around 9-9:30am.

The doghouse's inside dimensions are about 42-44 inches square with about a dozen ports on the front side, and three ports on each side, just behind front side of the box.

The right and left angle props are also built out of 2x6, and are about 44 inches on each leg. Most bi-pods fit above the 5.5 inch height of the angle props, but if they don't, you can use the 2x6 as a rifle support.

Hopefully, I answered your questions. If not, pm, email, or post here, and I'll answer the rest of 'em.

Good luck to everyone shooting at tomorrow's match, it looks like Unknown has set up a challenging course of fire. See you all there!

Kevin

Whoo Hooo! Kevin I have your powder, dont forget your hugging sweater :)

Whoo Hooo! Kevin I have your powder, dont forget your hugging sweater :)

So glad I passed on that powder deal now!
I have Nicks packages for those that grabbed stuff from him....let's see with delivery fees and hazmat it should come to about $47.95 or if that's too much bring your hugging sweaters because Reeds the bill collector! ! :D

I had a great time at the match today. Thanks to Unknown for putting it on and congrats to Eric for another win. :) It was great shooting with/talking to everyone and I can't wait for next month.

Folks,

Just a heads up to the Puget Sound group that I have changed my handle from Sacshooter to Known. Now we have a Known and an Unkown in the group. Pretty clever if I must say so myself.

My old handle was from my days living in Sacramento, CA. I would have kept my handle but I have come to realize that Sac could be confused with a number of things. I didn't mind Strategic Air Command or Short Action Customs - those were OK. But when a couple of folks thought I was referring to the male scrotum I decided I needed a new handle. And that my friends is the rest of the story (for you Paul Harvey fans).

I have my Frankenstein up and running... It's not a laser, but hopefully it will be good enough to have some fun next month before I drop off the face of the planet for awhile. Count me in for the next monthly match...

This coming Tuesday the board at UNSC should be discussing our request to use the 600 yard range as well as the 550 yard range for our matches. I suspect most of them already have their minds made up, but they have been supportive in the past when they get enough information. I just hope the information we provided was enough to get their support for more range access.

I'll post match results a bit later today. Coffee is my priority right now.

Thanks again to Anton, Kevin and everyone else who puts in time at the matches to keep this going !
The turn out has been fantastic and to me its like a family get together every month, Hell even Uncle Marty showed up flying in from the homeland ;)
Its always great to meet the new people who show up also.

Thank you Anton and Kevin, and all those who helped out. This match went very smoothly, and was a great group to hang out with for a day! My wife and I both had a great time meeting new people and seeing some familiar faces again. Great job Eric! That practice regimen is clearly showing its effectiveness, I may have to draw a course of fire on the back of my garage door too....

Aug13UNSC Photos by StainlessSteelSamurai | Photobucket

Just a heads up for the local guys, I am selling a few lightly used scopes to help fund a down on a house. Looking to keep everything FTF since I wont be able to ship due to work schedule.

Majority cash trades are welcome. Mounts will not be sold until the scopes are gone.

1. 5.5-22x56 High Speed 20 moa per rev , zero stop / NPR1 MOA/MOA Comes with a Spuhr 20moa Mount - $2000 w/o the mount $1700
SPF 2. 5.5-22x56 10moa per rev zero stop NPR1 MOA/MOA Comes with a ADM Mount - $1800 or w/o the mount $1650 (( SPF ))
3. 3.5-15x50 10moa per rev zero stop NPR1 MOA/MOA Comes with a Larue LT104 - $1700 or w/o the mount $1550
* little ding in the sunshade on this one*

Last edited:
Thank you Anton and Kevin, and all those who helped out. This match went very smoothly, and was a great group to hang out with for a day! My wife and I both had a great time meeting new people and seeing some familiar faces again. Great job Eric! That practice regimen is clearly showing its effectiveness, I may have to draw a course of fire on the back of my garage door too....

Aug13UNSC Photos by StainlessSteelSamurai | Photobucket

Nice meeting you and your wife as well. The video of you shooting from the tripod is illustrative of "how it's done" in my opinion. After we spoke yesterday I've been trying to emulate your position but I will need to lose about 60 pounds and perhaps have some ligaments cut.

Match results went out a little while ago via the [email protected] site to all on the list.

Reservations for the September match now open. IF we get the 600 yard range as well, we will be dropping the reservation system and simply opening it up to anyone who shows up. Six people on the list of 22 so far.

Reservations for the September match now open. IF we get the 600 yard range as well, we will be dropping the reservation system and simply opening it up to anyone who shows up. Six people on the list of 22 so far.

I'm in! Same for my dad and Laurel.

07 Sep 2013 UNSC practical rifle signup list

(and we're off!)

1. Ed M.
2. Joe W.
3. Jeremy B.
4. Jason A.
5. Joe C.
6. Laurel C.
7. Craig C.
8. Ryan B.
9. Shawn M.
10. Jason G.
11. Anton G.
12. Eric B.
13. Mike W.
14. Russ H.
15. Mark K.
16. Steve L.
17. Travis R.
18. OPEN SLOT
19. Marty
20. Jeremy L.
21. Rod G.
22. Alan H.
23. Matt J.
24. Brian P.
25. Kevin D.
26. David H.
27. Scott S.
28. Jeremy B.
29. Cameron W.
30. OPEN SLOT

The three communication systems I use (aol, gmail, and snipershide) don't connect everyone's name with their handle here. To make it easier to see who is on the list, I'm only using names for now. If your name isn't on the list, please let me know the name that goes with your snipershide "handle".

Last edited:
Results for August UNSC match

We had 18 shooters come out. There were a total of 43 possible targets, (stage 1=15, stage 2=12, stage 3=8 and stage 4=8). Taking the total hits made divided by the number of shooters reveals the average number of hits made was 24.2. We didn't keep time on stage #4, so times are only for the first three stages. Times are not shown if there was no tie for that placing.

Place Name Hits Time
1. Eric B. 36
2. Craig C. 34 332.01
3. Jason A. 34 350.67
4. Craig R. 31
5. Reed W. 28 328.39
6. Ryan B. 28 354.01
7. Laurel C. 28 382.2
8. Ed M. 27
9. Jeremy B. 26
10. Mike W. 24
11. Jason G. 20
12. Rod G. 18 235.59
13. Marty 18 346.5
14. Joe C. 18 372.89
15. Steve L. 15 268.01
16. Anton G. 15 375.29
17. Kevin G. 13
18. Robert B. 10

Great blog post Laurel love the title and nice Mfing job ! ;)

I just threw together a quick blog post to share the photos that I took (with my phone). If you don't want your photo posted on my blog, lemme know and I'll be more than happy to take it down. :)

Home in Disarray: I took MFing 7th in this month's rifle match!!!

Once again, great match. I love these UNSC matches.

I really enjoyed reading your blog. However, I think there is something wrong with your camera - it makes me look really fat. Come to think of it, most cameras have that defect.

I just threw together a quick blog post to share the photos that I took (with my phone). If you don't want your photo posted on my blog, lemme know and I'll be more than happy to take it down. :)

Home in Disarray: I took MFing 7th in this month's rifle match!!!

Once again, great match. I love these UNSC matches.

It has to be the unicorn shirt. Everyone knows that unicorns are magical. Maybe you got lucky, but I always figured that everyone's luck gets much better the more they practice. You did really well, and it was neat to watch you shoot and have so much fun.

I really enjoyed reading your blog. However, I think there is something wrong with your camera - it makes me look really fat. Come to think of it, most cameras have that defect.

Fuck. Yes. I hate it when cameras break like that!

It has to be the unicorn shirt. Everyone knows that unicorns are magical. Maybe you got lucky, but I always figured that everyone's luck gets much better the more they practice. You did really well, and it was neat to watch you shoot and have so much fun.

Craig claims that its because I've been practicing with pistol.

I must admit that shooting regularly does seem to keep me sharp!

Kevin, Alan, a huge thanks, got to shoot the new AR, got to see again some great folks. Laurel great little blog, great photos, have to agree that camera phone makes my backside a little wide, looking forward to the next match.
Marty

Kevin, Alan, a huge thanks, got to shoot the new AR, got to see again some great folks. Laurel great little blog, great photos, have to agree that camera phone makes my backside a little wide, looking forward to the next match.
Marty

Marty,
I'll put you on the reservation list. Please let me know if you can't make it.

Anton

I keep updating/editing the list for the September match to add people. If your name isn't on it, please let me know so I can make sure and get people on the list who want to show up. Please let me know name, and your "handle".

Anton, yes I will be there, if not I will let you know in advance so someone else can take my spot. Also guys I wanted to bring up something, if you don't have a gun safe, buy one its a very cheap investment, we all have smart phones, photograph your firearms serial numbers, so you have a record of them wherever you are travelling. In fact photograph all your shooting gear, if it doesn't have a serial #, put the last four of your ss# in it, engrave it, or if its a pack, write the number on the outside or wherever you want. Also do not advertise yourself, coming and going with your gear to and from your vehicle. Believe it or not, shooters are followed and when they leave their gear in their vehicle, only for a moment thieves strike. Several years ago, I was driving someone around, when we went for lunch, they busted the window and opened the trunk looking for the merchandise, obviously it wasn't there, but they tried, we cannot be too careful.

Alan H.
There are still spots left. If you can make it to the match and want to come, let me know and I'll add you. I think there are still 2-4 spots left.

If anyone plans on attending the match, and doesn't see their name on the list, please let me know as I keep updating the list when people say they will be there.

We didn't get the 600 yard range this time, so we are still going to use the reservation list. We are working on a couple of things in order to get more spots for the matches.