• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

I just spent the weekend at the match LOC and everything good to go! Just dress warm and bring hand warmers, it's gonna be a bit chilly.
See you all there!
Chris

If it is just cold, the match at UNSC will happen. The only reason I would cancel the match is if traveling the roads to the match is dangerous, as in icy, or packed snow. Icy roads increase the liklihood of someone having to pay out the $250-500 insurance deductible...and that is if they aren't injured in a collision.

Manners T5 rem s/a RH. Pillar bedded , 2 flushcups leftside, 2 studs, 1 bottom forend, 1 bottom buttstock. Has badger m5/ptg stealth inlet. Color is coyote brown. Price is $450 for any shww/puget sound shooters

Pm for pics

Since its group show-n-tell, my humdrum 7-08 laid this down during load workup.
2lm2xi9.jpg

Everyone going to the match in George this weekend, have fun, & be safe. Oh yeah. Have you seen the weather forecast? Dress REAL warm...

Everyone going to the match in George this weekend, have fun, & be safe. Oh yeah. Have you seen the weather forecast? Dress REAL warm...

Looking forward to it! I'll be the RO dressed up like the little brother in A Christmas Story....

Everyone has re-zeroed for 15 degree powder temp and low humidity right?

It will be interesting at the UNSC match with the cold weather for anyone that hasn't degreased their rifle...I will be trying mine out for the first time after switching over to froglube. The change to running the firearm "dry" with froglube may be very fortuitous, then again, it might not be. Fortunately I made the switch about 3 weeks ago.

As most experienced shooters know, "There are NO good ideas the night before a match."

Its gonna be sunny and cold, that makes it better right?! :) Us wetsiders aren't prepared for low humidity and dry conditions....

Its gonna be sunny and cold, that makes it better right?! :) Us wetsiders aren't prepared for low humidity and dry conditions....

Didn't hurt my score @ the last one over there. Though it was cloudy, & cold last year. What I liked the most was the CONSISTANT wind. Can't say I've ever shot in that kind of wind before...
Wish it would be worth the trip for me, but I can't see out of my weak side eye. I think Tibor is bringing a new guy to break in...

I will be loading my truck up with stuff and heading over on Friday.

If anyone needs some steel targets I can throw them in my truck and hand deliver them to save you a little shipping. Just send me a PM or a text and let me know what you would like. Thanks guys!!

Bigwheels, The COF has changed a bit, the first day will only be 11rds week side. And sun weakside is optional, for more points of course :) I have a spot if your in. Hope to see you there!
Chris

I have some extra Hodgdon H100V powder (burn rate between 4350 and 4831) for sale, $20 per pound. I can bring it to the Vantage match if you let me know before noon Friday.

Bigwheels, The COF has changed a bit, the first day will only be 11rds week side. And sun weakside is optional, for more points of course :) I have a spot if your in. Hope to see you there!
Chris
Wish I could. I now have to puppy-sit all day Sat. Thanks tho. I do appreciate that you would make changes to accommodate my "disability".
Also, I don't have time to get enough ammo loaded up before I would need to leave tomorrow anyway.
Have fun, & try not to get frostbite!!! It hurts a lot!

Hello folks I'm new to sniper hide I am in the Everett area.

glad I found this thread its the reason I joined the forum. Is there anyone on here that can point me in the direction of a good place to shoot 700 + yd. other than the eastside of the state.
Thanks

Longbow.1,
Welcome...places over 600 yards are very difficult to find this side of the state. A few people have secret areas, but they usually won't post locations on open forums. Almost everyone who has ever posted the location of their super secret shooting spot has had it ruined by idiots who leave junk there. Then the site gets closed, and no one can shoot there.

Public ranges go out to 600 yards at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club, and the Paul Bunyan club. However, those distances are reserved for matches as they have to shut down other ranges to get those distances. There are other clubs that have 500-600 yard distances, but most of 'em have waiting lists to join. Upper Nisqually has a 550 yard range (545 actually, according to my laser), that members can shoot on when there isn't a match going on. We have matches at upper Nisqually on the first Saturday of each month, but the steel we shoot only goes out to about 540 yards. You don't have to be a member to shoot the matches, but you do have to complete the one time orientation/safety briefing.

I have heard that there is an area where you can shoot long distance in Capitol Forest, but I haven't been there. There is another place about 1.5 hours drive north of Seattle up in the mountains, but I don't know if it is snowed in now or not. I have only been there a few times, and I don't have the map coordinates, or ability to provide directions.

If you can contact Bigwheels, he might know somewhere to shoot up that way, but keep in mind, almost every place that gets well known gets shut down. There was a group of us that went up to the spot in the mountains to clean it up, and we got a couple of pickup beds full of crap that the idiots left out there.

I realize that the idiot shooters are a small percentage of us, but they do SO MUCH DAMAGE to spots that it gives everyone a really bad name. When we pick up broken glass beer bottles it is pretty obvious the idiots were there....

As a matter of fact. I just got home from my Acme spot after some predator hunting today. There are about 30 tons of rocks, & ecology blocks set up on both sides of the road at the bottom. Talked to a guy working up there, & he said they are putting in a gate soon. Of course it's only SUPPOSED to be locked while there are logging op's going on up there (to protect the equipment of course), but I think we all know that once the gate is locked it won't get unlocked again. So yet another one of my spots is about to be closed. I can only hope they DO actually lock it ONLY while they are logging, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Looks like I have to spend countless hours looking for another spot now, but I'm fast running out of roads to search up that aren't gated off already. From now on I'm only letting a select few people know about any of my spots so if they end up getting trashed I'll know who to hunt down...

Sucks to hear your spot might be shut down. You might be able to use the gate to your advantage if you can be on good terms with the ranger's in that area; might be able to get a key if they know you clean up the junk other's leave behind. Long shot maybe but worth a try.

KevinD,
Put me in for the Jan shoot. I am not going out to Mammoth this year, too much going on. If you need any targets or help with the COF let me know. I've got a really cool hostage flapper target I can borrow from work. It is a full sized IPSC with a 4x4 1" fatal T in the head and a 6" flapper in the chest.

PS shooters,
There will be a PR clinic on 26-27 Dec at UNSC I still have one slot left. If you are interested e-mail me at [email protected]

unknown thanks for your time and I appreciate the response I've been heading to a few spots I know but this time of year the snow flies and I'm stuck fighting the pass to get over to the east side

Longbow, welcome to the forum. Definitely come check out the UNSC matches that Unknown mentioned, it'll give you a chance to meet people. The spot up in Acme getting closed would be a bummer, but I have to believe it's a result of other people making a mess far more than people from here who were told about it since it's really not a secret and it's a fairly popular area.

Guys and Gals, I have 30+lbs of processed 1F LC 308 brass that I'm going to sell, as well as a AI sling with flat hooks($45 buks). I've got the wants for a scope, so let me know if you're interested. I don't think it will fit in a flat rate box unless I stack em, but it might. I'd like to sell the brass without counting 100 here/100 there, and believe there should be over 1K cases. I'm thinking $300 shipped for the brass(If I get REALLY bored, MAYBE I'll count them):rolleyes:. PM me if interested, before I list em in the Px. Thanks.

Last edited:
AtOne,
I tried to look at the pictures and the screen was black with snow, and it said "This video is not available in your country".

Of course with me living in outer Mongolia, it is often difficult to get your high quality American photos....

hello all, just checking in and let everyone know im still alive. Work has been killing me as of late and I have been ultra busy. It should calm down in the beginning of the new year and someone can show me how to use my rifle again ;)

I've got some spare H100V in 1 lb cans if anyone in the Seattle area wants them. I could sell up to 6 cans. You'll have to be willing to come to downtown Bellevue some weekday to pick it up. $20 per can.

Longbow, welcome to the forum. Definitely come check out the UNSC matches that Unknown mentioned, it'll give you a chance to meet people. The spot up in Acme getting closed would be a bummer, but I have to believe it's a result of other people making a mess far more than people from here who were told about it since it's really not a secret and it's a fairly popular area.
You're probably right. There have been a lot of "losers" caught poaching, drunk, etc. up there lately along with at least 1 suicide. However there were a couple guys from the hide that brought their "buddies" who decided to then bring their "buddies" and so on. Some of which weren't as conscientious as most. I have found my target stands left out, moved to unsafe locations, etc. many times in the last couple years. I can only hope they do as they say, & only close it temporarily while actively logging, but history has shown that is not the case. So my search for another spot will begin soon.

You're probably right. There have been a lot of "losers" caught poaching, drunk, etc. up there lately along with at least 1 suicide. However there were a couple guys from the hide that brought their "buddies" who decided to then bring their "buddies" and so on. Some of which weren't as conscientious as most. I have found my target stands left out, moved to unsafe locations, etc. many times in the last couple years. I can only hope they do as they say, & only close it temporarily while actively logging, but history has shown that is not the case. So my search for another spot will begin soon.

That really sucks, i came out there twice a couple years back when you had the matches and it was fun. I have a spot over here close to me, and after shooting there for about 10-15 years they finally put in a gate. It has been totally trashed over the last couple years. Its pretty sad people leave so much crap. No im out of my primary spot, next spot i have is another 20 minutes. the spots keep getting farther and farther out. eventually there just wont really be any... There is still the private range up in port angelas, but thats a 1.5hr drive.

CJG

Alright completely redid the video last night without music, uploaded it and added some Youtube Ok'd music so it should work for anything anywhere.
Just click on the previous video, I edited it with the new link.

Fedcop good to see you back around !

Here are the pics from the Washington winter shoot.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/benchmarkbarrels/embed/slideshow/Washington%20winter%20shoot"></iframe>

AtOne,
I'm always amazed at how crisp and sharp your photos turn out. Very nicely done. I especially like the shots showing brass flying through the air. One even had some smoke rolling out of the neck of the case that had just been ejected, that was pretty neat.
Thanks for taking the time to post those.

I was going to post the one of him wrapped up in the woobie. Pic #29... that's how I felt most of the weekend.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I'm selling my Sig Sauer P220, nite sites, with 3 magazines and a .22 conversion kit with I believe 4-5 magazines. It's got maybe 200 rounds on it and I'll include some 22 ammo I have. $900 OBO. The conversion kit and magazines alone is $400+. I'd like to do a FTF if possible...

Hey Marty. Your weapon frozen in the tripod?
Oh yeah. Aren't the targets the other way??? Just sayin'...

In the picture, I think what he's really trying to say is.....

"....Christ oi tink me barguckers are frozen ter me legs !! "

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I'm selling my Sig Sauer P220, nite sites, with 3 magazines and a .22 conversion kit with I believe 4-5 magazines. It's got maybe 200 rounds on it and I'll include some 22 ammo I have. $900 OBO. The conversion kit and magazines alone is $400+. I'd like to do a FTF if possible...

I wouldnt mind getting togeather to take a look at this...

Id like to get in on the January UNSC PR Match also if its not already full.

Look forward to shootin with you all again.

The match announcement/course of fire for the January UNSC practical rifle match should be coming out very soon. Kevin and I are finalizing the courses of fire, then when it has been sent out, we will start opening up the list.

Gentleman I was cold, thanks to Taylor for the woobie, gets cold standing in one spot and scoring. As for the rifle stuck to the tripod, that a fine precision piece of gear that balances very well even though the pig saddle does work very well. As for the targets being the other way, well I was covering the back door, checking six, looking for that elusive song dog that wanted to make my weekend but he never showed. Anyways, a great time I think was had by all, challenges from the weather, and the targets. We had a great showing for dinner Saturday night in E-Burg, thanks to those who drove and attended.

Gentleman I was cold, thanks to Taylor for the woobie, gets cold standing in one spot and scoring. As for the rifle stuck to the tripod, that a fine precision piece of gear that balances very well even though the pig saddle does work very well. As for the targets being the other way, well I was covering the back door, checking six, looking for that elusive song dog that wanted to make my weekend but he never showed. Anyways, a great time I think was had by all, challenges from the weather, and the targets. We had a great showing for dinner Saturday night in E-Burg, thanks to those who drove and attended.

*++Marty & Brent Take 2++*

We all like him,he's the life of the party, and Chris sometimes finds a Christmas tree in the turlett???:eek: (And I'm one of the many resident smartasses)

Last edited: