• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Is anyone in western wa looking to get a thunder beast can? There is an sit in the kent area that is matching rangers group buy price if he can sell 3or more cans I believe go to waguns.org and go to the class 3/NFA sub forum for more info. I'm just passing along this info the dealer is a friend and I want to get a 30ps tbac.

Is anyone in western wa looking to get a thunder beast can? There is an sit in the kent area that is matching rangers group buy price if he can sell 3or more cans I believe go to waguns.org and go to the class 3/NFA sub forum for more info. I'm just passing along this info the dealer is a friend and I want to get a 30ps tbac.

Already have mine - it's a great can.

when I ordered mine they said 6 months, I was supposed to get it in Nov. they are saying close to a year now. its a bunch of BS give them silly feds all that money for them to take there dang time :(

There will not be a Findlay Cup this year. However we will be putting on an old school match on 4-12-14.
An overview:
This will be a one day, NO frills 3-gun event.
I'm limiting this to 21 shooters.
1- handgun ~ 150 rounds. 1- carbine ~ 100 rounds. 1- precision rifle ~ 50 rounds.
I'll send out a detailed COF in about one week, upon receiving your email address.
Entry fee will be ~ $85.00.
Cash pay out to top 3, no prize table but if I get donations, I'll start at the bottom and work up with those

Registration for the February UNSC match is full now. I have locked the sheet so that I am the only one who can edit it.

If you would like to be added to the wait list please let Unknown or myself know and I will add you.

If you have signed up and decide that you cannot make it to the match for any reason please let one of us know immediately. There are already people on the wait list who want to shoot.

If you have a reserved spot for the match and you do not show up without letting us know ahead of time you will not get a spot at the following months match.

Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

when I ordered mine they said 6 months, I was supposed to get it in Nov. they are saying close to a year now. its a bunch of BS give them silly feds all that money for them to take there dang time :(

And don't forget they have all the ammo...

Been 9 months for me, I'm expecting, it could be any day, I must admit these past nine months have been very difficult for me. Overeating, mood swings, sore feet, honestly the list goes on and on. But thankfully the end is near, I really do want another one, but over nine months of waiting has taken its toll. I am considering the possibility of another if efile is available to speed up the process, but I am not sure.

yup, March of 2013 for me, it was nice because i forgot about it for about 6 months but when it was getting closer i started to get excited. Now im still sadly waiting. The worse part about it is new better stuff comes out and by the time you get yours in its not the new coolness anymore :(

Of your interested in another suppressor, but the y what's holding you back, talk to your dealer and see if E-Filing is right for you. Word has it the wait times are between 3-6 months. I ordered my second can this Nov thru the standard process since my dealer didn't do E-Filing and the wait time is 11 months now. He since started doing e-filing, and I immediately put in for a TBAC 22L-1, so we will see. If it's your first can, after shooting suppressed, you won't go back.

yup, March of 2013 for me, it was nice because i forgot about it for about 6 months but when it was getting closer i started to get excited. Now im still sadly waiting. The worse part about it is new better stuff comes out and by the time you get yours in its not the new coolness anymore :(

I sent mine in the last week of January last year and got my stamp back in late October so you should be coming up real soon. Good luck!

Svendogg, I don't even run brakes on my rifles, I only got this can for my MK12 build. I must admit it is nice to have a conversation at a match when someone is shooting suppressed, plus the proposed changes in the mill from atf have gotten a lot of people thinking including myself, I am sure. Would be nice to have a little can for a 22 though.

I have a like new AICS 2.0 SA with Badger IMUNS that Id like to do a trade+cash on for McMillan A5 Adj or Manners T2/4/6 Adj with Bottom Metal. Must be Remington Footprint. Just looking to diversify my "Stock" portfolio... Man I'm so funny.

Just looking to diversify my "Stock" portfolio... Man I'm so funny.

I'd like to diversify in a LOT of areas...unfortunately available $$$$ is SUBSTANTIALLY less than my wish/want list. All good though, as I found a little (okay 16lbs) of H4350 on another site. Should be good for a few months anyways when it shows up :p

BGE It's the only way to go! less errors and faster, at least for form 3's

Who around WA did you go through? I have called 3 places and all so far have given me a fat "NO". Looking to grab another can cause my hearing is already bad enough!

Try the guys at Sharp Shooting Indoor Range last I talked with them they said form 4's were running in as little as 16 weeks. (509)535-4444

Who around WA did you go through? I have called 3 places and all so far have given me a fat "NO". Looking to grab another can cause my hearing is already bad enough!

K&E arms in kent is doing them same guy that running the thunder beast buy on waguns.

Speaking of cans....im officially over a year waiting for mine :( Ordered December 23rd, 2012. Check cashed 4/19. Still waiting...though should be any day though! Stupid Dealer to Dealer then waiting for dealer to my trust.

Though on a positive my 30p-1 i ordered mid August the check for that cashed 9/24/2013.

Such stupid waits

Speaking of cans....im officially over a year waiting for mine :( Ordered December 23rd, 2012. Check cashed 4/19. Still waiting...though should be any day though! Stupid Dealer to Dealer then waiting for dealer to my trust.

Though on a positive my 30p-1 i ordered mid August the check for that cashed 9/24/2013.

Such stupid waits

I love my 30P-1! You are going to be immensely satisfied with it, promise. Super quiet, repeatable POI and light.

I love my 30P-1! You are going to be immensely satisfied with it, promise. Super quiet, repeatable POI and light.

Thats why i got it :) My 762SDN is going to be the for fun can for my AR's. 30p-1 is going to be for my bolt guns...and maybe a future gap10

Thats why i got it :) My 762SDN is going to be the for fun can for my AR's. 30p-1 is going to be for my bolt guns...and maybe a future gap10

I run mine on my bolt gun. Got about 50-60fps boost in velocity. I shot a .152 center to center shot group the other week with a stock Savage action / barrel and my 30P-1. It is also really nice to shoot without having to wear double hearing protection, just a set of ear plugs.

I will agree with Kevin for sure, My Thunderbeast 30P1 is the cats meow in my opinion. Its just so consistent and repeatable. I love it, I have a 30P1S on the way too. I am sure that will be a better match suppressor as its 2.5 inches shorter

I won this little freebie today which for those who know considering how the last month has been going I'll take any victory I can get. I'll probably have to sell it though so if anyone is interested in a limited edition really nice cooler... lol

IMG_1950.jpg

Hi, I have two questions relating to TBAC suppressors:

1. Have you seen that using the model with a muzzle brake adaptor lengthens suppressor life with the adaptor acting as a sacrificial baffle for the muzzle gases?
  2. Does the extra weight of the suppressor (vs. shooting without it) change the zero impact point? Say with a 100 yard zero, how much shift would you expect?

Hi, I have two questions relating to TBAC suppressors:

1. Have you seen that using the model with a muzzle brake adaptor lengthens suppressor life with the adaptor acting as a sacrificial baffle for the muzzle gases?
  2. Does the extra weight of the suppressor (vs. shooting without it) change the zero impact point? Say with a 100 yard zero, how much shift would you expect?

Someone else can probably provide a lot more details than i can but ill toss in my .2 cents

1) I have no clue BUT i did talk to Zac from thunderbeast when i was buying my 30p-1 on lifespan. His response was basically i should get an unlimited amount of rounds through it and would be more likely to have a failure of the threads or bafflestrike than wearing it out from normal use. This was with 300win mag by the way (max rated caliber for the can). He then went on to say if i did manage to "shoot out" the can that he would rebuild it for free for me. I was pretty impressed with what all he said and wish i had saved the email but pretty much if you shoot enough to actually wear the can out they would love to see your can and rebuild it for you (for a R&D type thing im sure)

2) Its going to depend on the gun IMO. I can only speak for 22lr but with that i get no different in POI can on vs can off. In rifles if you have a varmit or lightweight barrel then the extra weight could shift things around a bit giving you a POI change. But if you have a thick bull barrel you might not see any change. You could google this topic and it would probably be split pretty close to 50/50 for any suppressor. The TBAC suppressors seem to do pretty dang well with no POI but youll still find people having POI changes with them. Could be the ammo, or the gun itself, or could be a slight change from the suppressor. Got to remember to change 1MOA you are talking probably 1/16th (made that up FYI..just an example) of an inch change from the muzzle

Hope that all makes sense! Im no expert so could be wrong but gives you an idea at least

I have quite a bit of POI shift with my 30P-1, but it is always repeatable and consistent. When I pull off my Badger FTE brake and install the can I get 2 Mils up and 1 Mil right every time. Im sure that it's a combination of removing the brake and putting the can on, but I have not tried it bare muzzle vs. suppressor yet. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

Dwesson,
Nice catch! Thanks for posting the info as I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who will jump on those.

Federal primers used to be my favorites. During the previous dry spell about 4-5 years ago, they got so hard to find that I switched to CCI BR2's. I always seemed able to find the CCI primers, and my group size wasn't effected once I worked up loads. Although I would love to return to Federal primers, I would have to work up my loads all over again if I switched back. Then, if my luck holds true, just as I got a load worked up, I wouldn't be able to find them for another 4-5 years. Geez, I guess I have become jaded.

My POI shift is much less,

When I take off my muzzle brake, and put my can on, I shift left .3 mils, and down .2 mils. Again, everytime.

I actually did a little test which I would encourage you all to do.

10 shots total, 5 with the can, and 5 without.
Alternate shots with each.
Start with one without anything, then shot another after you screw the can on, then another without, etc, etc.

I found out my POI change was really close every time, I had about a .75 group, on each of the groups. Same point of aim.

Dwesson,
Nice catch! Thanks for posting the info as I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who will jump on those.

Federal primers used to be my favorites. During the previous dry spell about 4-5 years ago, they got so hard to find that I switched to CCI BR2's. I always seemed able to find the CCI primers, and my group size wasn't effected once I worked up loads. Although I would love to return to Federal primers, I would have to work up my loads all over again if I switched back. Then, if my luck holds true, just as I got a load worked up, I wouldn't be able to find them for another 4-5 years. Geez, I guess I have become jaded.

I actually have a question w/regard to this. I've only been reloading for a little over a year (with almost 100% of that being pistol). I am just about to start load development for my 308 and all I could find prior to this were the CCI BR2s. How much impact do you think the primer plays in your load workup? In other words, if you find a good accuracy node doing a ladder/OCW and get your length right for that projectile, then switch to another primer, how much would you expect your accuracy to change? I've heard that if you're going from one match/bench rest primer to another the difference is fairly negligible, at least at my level of shooting (not a benchrest/f-class/Palma competitor).

I know in Wolf SRM the only difference between the regular and mag primers was the cup thickness. Guess it varies from brand to brand. Id just go shoot it and see honestly, because when primers are scarce you'll be happy with anything!

Speaking of cans i purchased mine Feb 22 2013 and it arrived Sat Jan. 11, 2014 (picked it up today) im pretty excited but it sure did take long enough!

Any of you Kitsap guys got a recommendation for a FFL thats local-ish to the Bremerton area? Got a friend who needs on but doesnt want to use Boerners (if they even do transfers) and the guy i used before got a wee bit...out there so dont want to use him.

Any of you Kitsap guys got a recommendation for a FFL thats local-ish to the Bremerton area? Got a friend who needs on but doesnt want to use Boerners (if they even do transfers) and the guy i used before got a wee bit...out there so dont want to use him.

John Feddock
John's Guns & Tackle
Port Orchard, WA
(360) 871-2709

Last edited:
I use Gold Mountain Arms in Poulsbo, Wa. They are always helpful and really fair with price.

Gold Mountain Arms
2526 NE Kevos Pond Dr.
Poulsbo, WA 98370

360-930-1411

I actually have a question w/regard to this. I've only been reloading for a little over a year (with almost 100% of that being pistol). I am just about to start load development for my 308 and all I could find prior to this were the CCI BR2s. How much impact do you think the primer plays in your load workup? In other words, if you find a good accuracy node doing a ladder/OCW and get your length right for that projectile, then switch to another primer, how much would you expect your accuracy to change? I've heard that if you're going from one match/bench rest primer to another the difference is fairly negligible, at least at my level of shooting (not a benchrest/f-class/Palma competitor).

Like I said in my previous posting, Federal 210M primers were my "go to" primers, until I couldn't get any. When I switched to the CCI-BR2 primers, my groups actually got smaller, so that was another reason I never went back to the Federal primers. There wasn't a significant impact on velocity. Changing components like the case, or bullet (even same weight) makes a much bigger difference.

There was a posting on 6mmBR.com where a top competitor who posted his loading wrote that primer just wasn't a significant factor in the load he used. I'm certainly not a nationally ranked F-class shooter, but my experience mirrored what the fellow on 6mmBR.com wrote about.

With all that having been said, any time I change anything with my rifle loads, I always double check the load for velocity, and point of impact so I can make sure everything works like I hope it will.

When I load for 45ACP, I'll use whatever primer I can get my hands on. I don't load max loads for pistol, and with the 45ACP and a 230 grain ball bullet, I load for 800-850fps. Usually, my loads end up right around 825fps, but the amount of crimp I apply to the case makes a much bigger difference to velocity than primer selection does...at least for my pistol loads.

BR2's are considerably higher price right now compared to 210M or just regular large rifle. More important is actually prepping your case properly ie pocket and flash hole uniforming.

I agree with Broke, that detailed case prep will have a greater influence on accuracy than primer brand. I do a detailed case prep the first time I get cases into service, then the ongoing case work includes trimming, annealing, cleaning primer pockets. The uniforming primer pockets, and deburring flash holes is only done once on my cases.

The primary reason I switched to CCI primers was because they were easier to find on a more "regular" basis. I couldn't count on Federal primers being available when I needed them, and I could usually find the CCI primers somewhere. I didn't like feeling like I had to scrounge or beg for primers every time I wanted them, so CCI got my business. Scrounging is sometimes necessary, but I didn't want to have to do it every time I wanted primers.

Last edited:
I just got 1K FED210's @ Skagit Arms in Burlington. They had more..
BTW. Hey Allan you get your ballistics software all figured out?