• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Posted this earlier in the "SHWW" thread. Reposted here:

Hey fellas, it's been a while since I've been in touch. Been in and out of the country on "bi-nez." I'm looking for a range on the West side to do some distance shooting and get hooked up with people who shoot better then me so I can learn. I live in the Bonney Lake/Buckley area and last went out with a bunch of guys (Nick, BigWheels) up in Sedro-Wooley, but I hear they gated off that area. I'm also trying to get my cousin linked up with you guys for a shooting day on May 6th. His wife is letting him out of the house for his birthday. So if you know of a good spot near by and can join us, PM me.

6th is a Tuesday correct? Cant do that but could do Wens the 7th...

Unfortunately, I'm committed to the 6th. Do you know of any good places?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He knows that place out by the Olympics I mentioned. And if anyone is wondering Morgan is definitely GTG...

guys, any weekends available? work keeps me in during the weekdays.

Nick, where the hell are you??? You are never at work when I drop by.

This weekend, I'm picking up my son and heading to eastern Wa, Bridgeport/coolie damn area. Got a friend showed me a map of state land good for ELR, and on the way back, we'll hit 410, Natchez area as well. I'll post up some areas if we find some.

for the Olympics, I'm game if anyone is up for weekend shooting

Brian.

Last edited:
I had to transfer to a different dept in order to get more than 19 hours a week. If you ask for me they can page me from my cave in the back, but I'm usually gone by 1500.

guys, any weekends available? work keeps me in during the weekdays.

Nick, where the hell are you??? You are never at work when I drop by.

This weekend, I'm picking up my son and heading to eastern Wa, Bridgeport/coolie damn area. Got a friend showed me a map of state land good for ELR, and on the way back, we'll hit 410, Natchez area as well. I'll post up some areas if we find some.

for the Olympics, I'm game if anyone is up for weekend shooting

Brian.

HAve fun as there are some solid spots but be sure you CYA as they are looking to HAMMER shooters round these parts! i.e. get far away from people.... I'm free next Mon and Tues

I need to locate some 1" webbing material. It doesn't matter if it is nylon, poly, cotton, or some other material. I have leather, but leather is too thick for what I am doing with the material. It will be used for carrying lightweight items in a suspension type system.

Does anyone know of a supplier of this sort of material near the Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Bremerton area? I will need about 8-10 feet of material.

I need to locate some 1" webbing material. It doesn't matter if it is nylon, poly, cotton, or some other material. I have leather, but leather is too thick for what I am doing with the material. It will be used for carrying lightweight items in a suspension type system.

Does anyone know of a supplier of this sort of material near the Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Bremerton area? I will need about 8-10 feet of material.

have you tried an upolstry shop or any place that works on boat canvas or awnings? might be worth a try

Sportsmans Warehouse usually sells Nylon tube strap by the foot.

I got you covered!! Check your PM.

Hey guys.
I am testing the waters of long range shooting. Would like to meet up with some of you guys and try shooting past the 200 yard and 600 yard mark I can shoot at TSC.
I normally shoot rimfire benchrest so it is two different worlds. LOL

Hey guys.
I am testing the waters of long range shooting. Would like to meet up with some of you guys and try shooting past the 200 yard and 600 yard mark I can shoot at TSC.
I normally shoot rimfire benchrest so it is two different worlds. LOL

If you like benchrest, UNSC in eatonville holds 600yd matches every month. Pretty laid back event. There are 4classes from stock hunting rifles to full benchrest setups. It's fun. I'm usually there every month.

BGE, I'm stuck working on weekdays. I do here you about being careful out shooting. They do like to nail people. I usually go with someone else to have a witness. Sad it's got to be that way.

Nick, I'll try and page you next time I'm up there shopping. Why the hell did they pull you out of the gun counter? You know more than most of the rest put together.

Known, I'll help R/O this weekend. I'm a little shot out right now after being sand blasted in 25-45 mph winds in NM all weekend.

He Guys I am looking to run some clinics out at UNSC during June. It doesn't look like I am going to be able to get the range on the weekends, but we could do something in the afternoon during the week. We could start up at 5 PM and it stays light till 10 so we could get 4 hours of solid shooting in per day. Let me know what you think about the schedule and what you would be interested in, Precision Rifle, Pistol or Carbine.
v/r
scott

Known, I'll help R/O this weekend. I'm a little shot out right now after being sand blasted in 25-45 mph winds in NM all weekend.

He Guys I am looking to run some clinics out at UNSC during June. It doesn't look like I am going to be able to get the range on the weekends, but we could do something in the afternoon during the week. We could start up at 5 PM and it stays light till 10 so we could get 4 hours of solid shooting in per day. Let me know what you think about the schedule and what you would be interested in, Precision Rifle, Pistol or Carbine.
v/r
scott

I would be interested in some precision clinics.
Matt

Nick, I'll try and page you next time I'm up there shopping. Why the hell did they pull you out of the gun counter? You know more than most of the rest put together.

I'll pm you my cell number since you won't be able to contact me.

I was forced to go into another position that no one else wanted and offered full-time hours. It was a mistake. I was able to get the counting tasks assigned with the job over 4+ weeks ahead. Management lately has decided it's ok to swear at and threaten anyone who doesn't comply with them which included directions to lie to customers. Yesterday a Manager who isn't my supervisor started swearing and threatening me for not doing something, and when I didn't give in to his intimidation the Store Manager decided to instead call security on me in an attempt to make me out like the aggressor then told me I was suspended and not to return until he called me. They haven't called me back and after all the other deceitful and unethical l things I've witnessed I have no doubt they'll try and claim I "abandoned my job" to keep me from getting unemployment. If you ask for me at the counter I have no idea what kind of BS rumor they'll give you for my absence but I'm sure it will somehow exonerate them as the victims of my minimum wage tyranny. Management here is strangely reminiscent of a certain Club Board. I don't know why I expected anything less as this is where Society is heading. They'd rather have "Yes" men who do the minimum but will do whatever they want no matter how unethical than those that work hard and actually have moral values. Anyone that actually knows me knows that I'm extremely loyal and always willing to help someone and would rather be thought of as an Ass than be a person of low character and lower self esteem. Loyalty and Character is a rare commodity these days... I'd rather be the Ass than the "Yes" man.

Thats sad.....Walmart is another that operates that same way. It is getting harder to find a good job with good ethics. I was just in there and they just said you weren't there at the gun counter. I'll check my pm's

Guys, just at sportco in Fife. They just got in a hodgdon shipment. About 5-6 pounds of each as follows....
Leverloution

I'll pm you my cell number since you won't be able to contact me.

I was forced to go into another position that no one else wanted and offered full-time hours. It was a mistake. I was able to get the counting tasks assigned with the job over 4+ weeks ahead. Management lately has decided it's ok to swear at and threaten anyone who doesn't comply with them which included directions to lie to customers. Yesterday a Manager who isn't my supervisor started swearing and threatening me for not doing something, and when I didn't give in to his intimidation the Store Manager decided to instead call security on me in an attempt to make me out like the aggressor then told me I was suspended and not to return until he called me. They haven't called me back and after all the other deceitful and unethical l things I've witnessed I have no doubt they'll try and claim I "abandoned my job" to keep me from getting unemployment. If you ask for me at the counter I have no idea what kind of BS rumor they'll give you for my absence but I'm sure it will somehow exonerate them as the victims of my minimum wage tyranny. Management here is strangely reminiscent of a certain Club Board. I don't know why I expected anything less as this is where Society is heading. They'd rather have "Yes" men who do the minimum but will do whatever they want no matter how unethical than those that work hard and actually have moral values. Anyone that actually knows me knows that I'm extremely loyal and always willing to help someone and would rather be thought of as an Ass than be a person of low character and lower self esteem. Loyalty and Character is a rare commodity these days... I'd rather be the Ass than the "Yes" man.

Not sure if you frequent othe local gun forums but theres a pretty good job being offered but its over in Seattle. Gun store manager with pretty dang good benefits. PM me if you want a link to it if you hadnt seen it

Not sure if you frequent othe local gun forums but theres a pretty good job being offered but its over in Seattle. Gun store manager with pretty dang good benefits. PM me if you want a link to it if you hadnt seen it

Feel free to send me the link. The only stores I know of hiring are Discount Guns and I'll pass on them.

Hey guys anyone who shot jimtheplumbers 3gun match im missing a tan kestrel 4500. probably lost in the field somewhere but i figure might as well ask

thanks, Fuzzy

Two of my buddies out of Spokane shot it, I'll ask t hem to ask around with the east/dry side guys.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hey guys anyone who shot jimtheplumbers 3gun match im missing a tan kestrel 4500. probably lost in the field somewhere but i figure might as well ask

thanks, Fuzzy

They haven't heard of anyone finding one. If they do they'll let me know. They said it's probably in the gully. Sorry

Anyone have or seen 6.5mm 140 amaxs? I need 100 (200 would be even better).

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

I have one new unopened box. PM me. I'm leaving town today to go to a shoot in Sprague, Wa. and won't be back till Sunday.

If anyone gets to Sportco and there is still some H4350 left, I will pay $30 per pound delivered to a WA match. (Sad to pay so much I know, but it is what it is.)

Guys, just at sportco in Fife. They just got in a hodgdon shipment. About 5-6 pounds of each as follows....
Leverloution

Kesselrings Auction!

I planned on posting about this after the auction ended put had to go to Mexico for work the next morning. After two long days (12 hours each) I left there with some really mixed feelings! Mostly tired but a whole lot of baffled and amazed. First there was a massive amount of items on the block, about a thousand guns and about a thousand misc. lots. The black guns (pistols/rifles) sold for close to retail, in fact if your in good with your LGS you could have gotten pretty close to the same price and not had to sit in a metal chair for hours on end. I actually saw some items go for more than retail and was completely blown away, I think some people got a little caught up in the bidding! As for the hunting rifles and shotguns there where some amazing deals to be had, if you where in the market for trap guns this was the place to be. Lots of 3 to 4 thousand dollar traps selling around 1500 new in box. Talk about getting a deal. The special guns, a few target rifles, hi end AR's, some pre 64's, collector Items, where all over the board. This is why I showed up, could always use another target rifle so why not. I ended up getting a Cooper in 243 and Krieghoff trap gun, and feel that I got really good deals on both and am very happy with the investment.
The accessories seemed to be all over the board as well, lots of optics, lights, and lasers. Nothing really target rifle related so kept my bidding to ten cents on the dollar max. Only ended up with a couple insight lights and wall safes for cheap. Was hoping to pick up some reloading equipment but the lots where so big that I didn't need 50 random die sets to get the one I wanted in the lot. Also if you were in the market for suppressors the deals were amazing. Some of the .22 cans you could have had for $25.00 and the higher end units selling for around two to four hundred. All in all I think it was a win for me and rather fun experience to that much gun stuff selling that fast. I hope some others on here made it up there and got some good deals.

Last edited:
Flashfire came through for me on the 140 amaxs. Great people here on this thread, I like how we don't gouge each other in these times of shortages. Thanks to everyone else who offered to sell some of theirs.

thanks, Fuzzy

That blows Alan. Hopefully someone picked it up on a trail somewhere and calls you.

v/r
scott

I'm interested. I sent you a PM.

If anyone gets to Sportco and there is still some H4350 left, I will pay $30 per pound delivered to a WA match. (Sad to pay so much I know, but it is what it is.)

If they still have some monday when I drop by there I can pic up a pound or two depending on my cash supply. I'll PM you if they had some.

Brian

Had another fun day shooting with you all again!

Ryan, didn't see you but hope all is well!

Was really hoping to come out and shoot yesterday but work has had me out of town a lot, and Im back on a plane right now. Oh well. I will try my damnedest to make the June 7 round. I have the Magpul school the weekend before and with any luck the better half will let me come out for the day.

I've Got MRS, Coby and Shamir in for some PM clinics. Guys send me an e-mail at [email protected] and we will set up some dates and times that we can all link up. My last class at UNSC was 3 guys and it worked out perfectly. We were able to get through drills stress free and had plenty of time to go into great detail.
Shooters,
My clinics have 4, 3.5 hour blocks that cover from the prone fundamentals, winds, ballistics, barricades and unsupported positions. I usually charge $200 per day, but since we are looking at 4 our so hours in the evenings I would charge $100. We will space it out over 4 evenings. You'll need rear bag, sling, ear/eye pro and about 50 rounds per day.
Let me know which evenings in June would be good for you guys. I'll do the clinic with 2, but 3-4 is optimal.

Seekers,
I was really hoping to find something local so I can avoid paying shipping and hazmat fees for a couple of pounds. If I were buying a few 8 pound kegs, the hazmat wouldn't be so bad when spread over 16-24 pounds...but for a couple of pounds I really try and avoid driving the price for a pound or two to around $35-40 per pound. But thanks very much for the input...maybe the Cabela's that is about 40 minutes south of me will get some. The past 3 times I checked they were out.