• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Match photos?

I really enjoyed this weekend's match at UNSC. It was a lot of fun, I just wish I didn't miss so many of those targets! I have nobody to blame but myself. My rifle is spot on, it is just the guy behind the trigger making all the mistakes.

If there is a link for any of the photos that were taken, I'd love to have it. I don't have very many pics of me shooting to share with friends and family.

I really enjoyed this weekend's match at UNSC. It was a lot of fun, I just wish I didn't miss so many of those targets! I have nobody to blame but myself. My rifle is spot on, it is just the guy behind the trigger making all the mistakes.

If there is a link for any of the photos that were taken, I'd love to have it. I don't have very many pics of me shooting to share with friends and family.

I posted a video montage of the photos I took last Saturday on the UNSC monthly match thread - LINK --> http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...atches-upper-nisqually-sportsmans-club-6.html

Shooters,
My clinics have 4, 3.5 hour blocks that cover from the prone fundamentals, winds, ballistics, barricades and unsupported positions. I usually charge $200 per day, but since we are looking at 4 our so hours in the evenings I would charge $100. We will space it out over 4 evenings. You'll need rear bag, sling, ear/eye pro and about 50 rounds per day.
Let me know which evenings in June would be good for you guys. I'll do the clinic with 2, but 3-4 is optimal.

I might be interested as well. Really would depend on the days though. Bit of a drive for me to get there but would make it work if the days worked out

If anyone gets to Sportco and there is still some H4350 left, I will pay $30 per pound delivered to a WA match. (Sad to pay so much I know, but it is what it is.)

I checked today at Sportco and all they had left is 869 and H50BMG. I'll keep an eye out for more towards the end of this week.

Brian

I have a spot in the Kettle Falls Steel challenge the 17th and 18th of this month for sale. Cant go because I am running an event here at Jubilee. Anyway, if you need a spot, please hit me up. Thanks

Jake

Nice video! I have got to make it out one of these matches. Looks way more exciting than the 600 benchrest!

I'm about to start my next build for my son. He wants a 300 win mag after shooting SGM's. Would that caliber be ok for the steel at the UNSC Matches?

We don't allow magnums, they knock down target stands and beat up the steel too much. Top power level we allow is stuff like 30-06 or 8mm Mauser.

Silver Dale Sportsmans has almost all reloder powders and federal primers in stock as of 6 May @ 1648

Hey Guys and Gals,

The 2014 JC Steel Tactical Rifle Summer shootout will host 35 of the best shooters from across the northwest.

Registration will be on our website shopping cart, On Monday, May 12th at 7PM. First come first serve. jcsteeltargets.com, then click on the store tab. $65 is the match fee.

It will take place Sunday July 20th 2014. Start time 9am, finish about 4pm.

Roughly 8 stages, 100 rifle rounds with barricades, rooftops, and natural terrain in Eastern Washington, and shots out to 1250 yards.

Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Will be no prize table unless unsolicited prizes come in.

Competitors will be provided lunch during the event, As well as plenty of water/sports drinks.

Max 35 shooters, first come first serve.

Dry camping is available for $5 per person per night here on the ranch. Tent or RV is just fine.

***Also have a guest house available at $30 a person/per night, max 6 people. Nice accommodations, beds, showers, kitchen etc. and you will be together sharing the house. First come first serve on this as well. Email or call me to reserve.

Excited to see you all out here.

Silver Dale Sportsmans has almost all reloder powders and federal primers in stock as of 6 May @ 1648

lame i was out there at ~11 and they said they didnt get any but what was on the "list". O well i didnt really need any anyways

lame i was out there at ~11 and they said they didnt get any but what was on the "list". O well i didnt really need any anyways

They get their shipments Tuesday mornings and typically have them out by that afternoon. Sometimes they'll get shipments via UPS randomly in the week, but that's maybe once or twice a month at best.

Hey Guys and Gals,

The 2014 JC Steel Tactical Rifle Summer shootout will host 35 of the best shooters from across the northwest.

Registration will be on our website shopping cart, On Monday, May 12th at 7PM. First come first serve. jcsteeltargets.com, then click on the store tab. $65 is the match fee.

It will take place Sunday July 20th 2014. Start time 9am, finish about 4pm.

Roughly 8 stages, 100 rifle rounds with barricades, rooftops, and natural terrain in Eastern Washington, and shots out to 1250 yards.

Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Will be no prize table unless unsolicited prizes come in.

Competitors will be provided lunch during the event, As well as plenty of water/sports drinks.

Max 35 shooters, first come first serve.

Dry camping is available for $5 per person per night here on the ranch. Tent or RV is just fine.

***Also have a guest house available at $30 a person/per night, max 6 people. Nice accommodations, beds, showers, kitchen etc. and you will be together sharing the house. First come first serve on this as well. Email or call me to reserve.

Excited to see you all out here.

If there is anyone locally going to this match who would be willing to let me ride along with them over there I can RO for you Jake if you need any help.

Im looking for a box of 30cal. Hornady 168gr Amax bullets. I can't find them right now and I'm still trying to find the "right" load for my stick. If you can help me out let me know.
Thanks Dave

Im looking for a box of 30cal. Hornady 168gr Amax bullets. I can't find them right now and I'm still trying to find the "right" load for my stick. If you can help me out let me know.
Thanks Dave

PM sent with a good vendor in-stock.

Ok guys... I'm helping the owner of Peninsula's Premier Pro Shop out and redoing his FB page. He's trying to carry products we just don't see locally but a lot of us look for and want. It's a work in progress, but as he grows that side of his business he'll be able to carry more and at better pricing. If any of you get a moment please go over and "Like" his page. We have few choices over here as it is and the ones we do have are far from decent when it comes to actual customer service.

https://www.facebook.com/PeninsulasPremiereProshop

I'm still trying to find a pound or two of W748...

That Pro Shop has some in-stock. It won't be as cheap as the Corporate retailers, but at least he has it.

For everyone else he also has Reloader 25, IMR 4350 and 3031, and Hodgdon CFE Pistol and H4831.

Thats cool nick, tell Charles I said hi. I sent him the number for Berger's wholesale contact. We don't have a local small business dealer since Russ retired last year. If he can hold competitive prices, I'll be buying a ton of OTM's in the future, 338, 30 and 6.5. I'll run out and see him this weekend too.

Also, you still looking for a ride to JC in July? Getting registered in a few. I'll text u later today.

Brian.

That Pro Shop has some in-stock. It won't be as cheap as the Corporate retailers, but at least he has it.

For everyone else he also has Reloader 25, IMR 4350 and 3031, and Hodgdon CFE Pistol and H4831.

JCwarrior97 came through for me, and got me a couple of pounds of W748, so I finally have all the components I have been waiting for. MANY THANKS to JCwarrior87, and to everyone else like Nick who tried to help me out. The help is genuinely appreciated.

Last edited:
Unknown, I was just ou tat Charles pro shop today and he has a plentiful stock of 748 if you still need more.

Guys, he did contact Berger and a sales rep is setting him up and Russ put in a good word for him to Berger. If you live close to him, call or drop by to request your bullets of choice and he probably will try to stock it for you.

And 2 weeks til UNSC 600yd Benchrest!

Me too. Can't wait to get out there. Thanks for putting this on Jake. It will be cool to meet more people in person from the Hide.

Edit: I was browsing the web and found Ellensburg locals talking about a long range State land and BLM land around Umtanum Rd Exit off of I82 south. I might head over with my son this weekend to scout it out. Has anybody checked out this area?

Last edited:
88blazer It is old durr road. I grew up shooting/wheeling that country. It is great untill fire season, then they close it down to all shooting. You can shoot as far as you want out in that country.

88blazer It is old durr road. I grew up shooting/wheeling that country. It is great untill fire season, then they close it down to all shooting. You can shoot as far as you want out in that country.
Thanks jc, I'll head out with my son on Saturday and check it out. Might have to shoot a little while out there. I need to practice to keep up with the guys that will be shooting at the steel challenge!

I have an event at jubilee this weekend and can't go to the kettle falls Steel challenge this weekend.

I'd like to give me spot away to someone that might not have been able to afford it. PM me and my entry fee is yours. Free.

Let me know

Anyone looking for Reloader 15 or 8208 XBR? I have a few i can sell off if you're in the south side of Seattle area.

I have an event at jubilee this weekend and can't go to the kettle falls Steel challenge this weekend.

I'd like to give me spot away to someone that might not have been able to afford it. PM me and my entry fee is yours. Free.

Let me know

That's real kindness there Jake. I hope you can find someone on such short notice. Probably won't be hard... I would have liked to go, but ahhh I'm a little ways too far away now...

That is cool Jake. Sure wish I could make it. Hopefully someone can go to the shoot. It sure would be a shame to see your spot go to waste.

Also guys,m Sportsmans Warehouse in Federal Way had two 8lb jugs of BL-C2 and one Reloader 25 in stock about 2 hrs ago. Also a pretty good selection of primers, some large match GM210M, but no lg mag match. I'll be stopping by sportco tomorrow afternoon so I'll post up what they have if anything is there.

EDIT: today 15th, Sportsmans sold the BL-C and got in two 8# of IMR4350, they have a good selection of reloader in 1#ers, tons of primers too
Sportco, nothing in yet

Last edited:
Has anyone taken Caylen's class over in Yakima (Magpul Dynamics)? Was it worth it and did you take the intro or level 2 class? It's rather short notice for the one at the end of the month but work travel keeps makes the September class the next available opportunity so rather tempted to jump in if there's still space.

Well SHITT!!!!! Like Alan, It seems that I am also missing a kestrel 4500, last seen in Ellensburg on the Saturday of TSI's shoot, black pelican hard case, blue tooth, the case "may" say Dibbs on it. I know it's a longshot, but anyone seen it?? I've dumped all my gear in the middle of the living room and aint found it yet, but I'll take another look. Thanks.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken Caylen's class over in Yakima (Magpul Dynamics)? Was it worth it and did you take the intro or level 2 class? It's rather short notice for the one at the end of the month but work travel keeps makes the September class the next available opportunity so rather tempted to jump in if there's still space.

Take the class it's well worth it. I plan on taking at some point.

Take the class. $$$ well spent.

I took PR1 last year, am taking PR2 this year and have another class planned with Caylen for next year. Great class. I am still fairly new to the precision rifle thing, but have trained with several of the "name" instructors in various disciplines over the years and Caylen is a great instructor with a solid class. Money well spent. There is a great and in depth AAR posted on here from 2 or so years ago that would be a good read if you can find it. I think it was posted around Dec of 2012 if I remember right.

I took PR1 last year, am taking PR2 this year and have another class planned with Caylen for next year. Great class. I am still fairly new to the precision rifle thing, but have trained with several of the "name" instructors in various disciplines over the years and Caylen is a great instructor with a solid class. Money well spent. There is a great and in depth AAR posted on here from 2 or so years ago that would be a good read if you can find it. I think it was posted around Dec of 2012 if I remember right.

That makes me look forward to his class even more. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be able to make anything this year (at least what's posted on the MagPul Dynamics Schedule). Switched roles at work recently so couldn't swing taking 2 days off this soon, and I'm traveling for work during the PR2 class. I'll keep my eye out. I found that AAR post and it sounds like just what I am looking forward and it's fairly local. Wish I could make the dates this year.

That makes me look forward to his class even more. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be able to make anything this year (at least what's posted on the MagPul Dynamics Schedule). Switched roles at work recently so couldn't swing taking 2 days off this soon, and I'm traveling for work during the PR2 class. I'll keep my eye out. I found that AAR post and it sounds like just what I am looking forward and it's fairly local. Wish I could make the dates this year.

Too bad you will not be able to make it out to Yakastan this year. If you have any specific questions about the class, let me know.

I have a few XLR Elements and a Carbon if anyone's interested in one... Save you on shipping! See you at UNSC!!!

Peninsula Premier Pro Shop just got in Varget, H1000, H414, and Benchmark. It's gonna go fast...