• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PWS MK116 Mod2 for Coyotes

223Pete

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2013
Just wondering if anyone is running one of these on coyotes, suppressed. Seems like it would be pretty ideal for a walking coyote rig.

It'll work just fine. Use a bullet that expands quickly and put the shot where it needs to be.

I recently got into a couple PWS uppers. Been looking at them for years and finally got 2. I am really happy with them. They run great and reliable and suppress very well. My mk114 is very accurate. You should have no worries taking coyotes with that.

Reactions: 223Pete
Seems like it would be a great setup for the coyotes where I live max range around 300 yards most much less. PWS has a great reputation it seems.

I recently got into a couple PWS uppers. Been looking at them for years and finally got 2. I am really happy with them. They run great and reliable and suppress very well. My mk114 is very accurate. You should have no worries taking coyotes with that.

@MPDS13 What ammo are you running through your uppers? My MK116 gets about 1.5-2 MOA with the match and duty loads I've tried as of late. Very reliable though. No stoppages other than failure to chamber a single Hornady Steel Match round in about 7000 rounds down the pipe.

I have run nothing but 55 fmj range practice rounds. Mostly Winchester and PMC bulk cases. I have not shot either for groups with match Ammo. But even with the cheap stuff I was getting very small clover leaf groups when zeroing red dot.

Has anyone shot one of these off a bench? What sort of accuracy are you getting. I am curious about accuracy up to 300 yards on coyotes only. I like everything about these from what I've read.

Has anyone shot one of these off a bench? What sort of accuracy are you getting. I am curious about accuracy up to 300 yards on coyotes only. I like everything about these from what I've read.

Look up a user by the name of DMack. He posted a long review of the 110 and 114 years ago.

Off the bench I would expect about 1.5 - 2 MOA average with most match and duty ammo.

A Co worker shot a bunch of groups with with his Mk118 with Sig Sauer 77 .223 and 75 gold dot both averaged to about 1.3 MOA for him. I’ve shot a bunch with Magtech 77 (1.5-2 moa) and Black Hills 75 .223 reman(1.5 moa) in my Mk116 upper recently. Round count in my mk116 is about 7000 rounds.

I remember Black Hills 77 grain .223 ammo getting around 1 MOA when my Mk116 was fairly new, but I wasn’t interested in paying $1 per round for a .223 gun. Although in retrospect maybe I would have enjoyed the gun more if I simply did that.?

Ive got a mk111 and it’s great. Couldnt be happier with it, especially for the money. Seems to be as well made as any upper at any price point.

Here’s three shots over the hood of my truck with a trijicon MRO and blaster ammo, at 200 yds.

FFCA1654-FA42-4674-AF1D-250A65977F46.jpeg

Last edited: