• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s quiz for people who know everything

Victor N TN

Retired civilian fart
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2002
Knoxville TN
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

THIS IS PRETTY COOL - HAVE A GREAT DAY
scroll for answers

Answers To Quiz:

1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends ... Boxing

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward is . Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons ... Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside ... Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

6. Three English words beginning with 'dw' Dwarf, dwell and dwindle .

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar ... Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S' Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART
.......... Today is National Mental Health Day. You can do your part by remembering to send an e-mail to at least one unstable person !

Well, my job's done!

Re: quiz for people who know everything

I got 7 of ten easily, probrably could have gotten more withsome time. Number 6 is incorrect however

Dwight (as in Eisenhower or Yoakum)
Dweezil (as in Frank Zappas son)
Dweeb, which I have no idea what it means

Granted the last two may not be official words

I went with old faithful for number 2.... And I've never seen or heard of a processed/canned/cooked/whatever store bought banana, but I'm a pretty simple fella lol

The pear in a bottle.... I never would have figured that out! I was thinking that it was dehydrated and put in one of those space saver vacuum bags
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with old faithful for number 2.... And I've never seen or heard of a processed/canned/cooked/whatever store bought banana, but I'm a pretty simple fella lol

The pear in a bottle.... I never would have figured that out! I was thinking that it was dehydrated and put in one of those space saver vacuum bags
smile.gif
</div></div>

Dried banana chips like in trail mix...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. MMA is now a sport... </div></div>

MMA is <span style="font-style: italic">the</span> sport. I'm petitioning NASCAR to put an Octagon in the middle of the track, and next time two drivers have a disagreement, instead of Mike Helton calling the to the "trailer" for a dressing down, hell, put'em in the Octagon and let the matter settled properly.

I'm also working on the concept of "Sniper Golf". Each team gets one sniper deployed anywhere on the course the nite before; each sniper has two rounds that can be used in an offensive of defensive manner. I'll tell ya, it's make stepping up to the tee a new and exciting experience for all...

8/10. I didnt know rhubarb/Niagra Falls.

8/10. Same as shaggy. I thought it would be the Mississippi river because it flows backwards compared to all other rivers. At least I thought it did...

There are two kinds of dashes, the short dash (called an en dash) and a long dash (called an em dash). And there are two kinds of quotation marks, single (') and double (").

Another type of sport without scoring until the end is gladiatorial combat. Guess I've seen Spartacus too many times and it's the first thing I thought of.

Lettuce is sold shredded, packaged and sprayed with preservatives to keep it from wilting and turning brown.

Sorry, but I'm a little pissed I only figured out 2.