• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangemeter Leica 3500.com discontinued for civilians due to its 3R laser ?

Habu34

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2020
South of France
Hello from France

As I was looking for a Leica 3500.com rangemeter, my favorite shop in France told me that the Leica 3500.com was reserved to administration and won’t be available any more to civilian due to a too powerful laser 3R !
Do you have any information ? Or did they just want to sell me the Leica 2800.com ;-)
Maybe it’s only for Europe...

Thanks in advance

Habu34
782A844B-9D9D-4C62-B9A5-3C37D25C5502.jpeg
D2AB9EF6-2F76-412B-890A-226C6924B7B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
They were available in Europe initially, then they have disappeared from the stores and website in Europe.
Apparently due to regulation IEC 60825-1, laser class 3R are not allowed for civilian if they are able to hurt somebody (if the laser is visible from the outside of the gear).

Regarding the licence, apparently Leica is using a licence from Leupold & Stevens.

Take care

Habu34

Hi,
They were available in Europe initially, then they have disappeared from the stores and website in Europe.
Apparently due to regulation IEC 60825-1, laser class 3R are not allowed for civilian if they are able to hurt somebody (if the laser is visible from the outside of the gear).

Regarding the licence, apparently Leica is using a licence from Leupold & Stevens.

Take care

Habu34

Might try and stay in contact with North American and Eastern bloc hunters heading out that way and try to buy one from them
Good luck!