• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rebarrel Winchester 7mm mag to 300 Win Mag?

gnappi

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2012
I have a Winchester 70 that I'd like to re-barrel to 300 Win mag. I know the action and bolt are good to go for the conversion, but can anyone recommend a decent smith that can supply the barrel and work?

I guess the other question should be, is it worth the trouble or should I just buy a rifle already in 300 WM?

Re: Rebarrel Winchester 7mm mag to 300 Win Mag?

Welcome to the hide. If your happy with the rest of the rifle go ahead and get a barrel put on. If you want to change the rifle into a tactical style rifle you may want to get something that has more accessories redily available for it.

You don't have a complete profile filled out so I can't tell you if anyone is close to you but there are a lot of good folks on here that can do the work if you ship the rifle.

The group buy section often has deals if you want to provide your own barrel and some of the barrel manufacturers will install a barrel. If you want a new/ used rifle watch the for sale area for a deal. Good luck.