• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rebarrelling an Ex PU Sniper (?)

GS455

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Nashville
Just wondering who / where one would go about considering such a task. Is this ever done? Or a Fool's errand?

The rifle in question was kind of a misappropriation of efforts, funds and resources from the beginning. It was an ex-sniper that I resnipered many many years ago in my early collecting days. Problem is the bore is kind of rough explaining why it was probably decommissioned. Anyway, now that I have a few other legit PUSnipers the thing doesn't shoot as well and rarely makes it to the range since I discovered such.

Is there anyone out there that does this kind of work? I'd be interested in exploring.

Just wondering who / where one would go about considering such a task. Is this ever done? Or a Fool's errand?

The rifle in question was kind of a misappropriation of efforts, funds and resources from the beginning. It was an ex-sniper that I resnipered many many years ago in my early collecting days. Problem is the bore is kind of rough explaining why it was probably decommissioned. Anyway, now that I have a few other legit PUSnipers the thing doesn't shoot as well and rarely makes it to the range since I discovered such.

Is there anyone out there that does this kind of work? I'd be interested in exploring.
Whaa add t are you wanting to do with it? I’m not sure from your post. Rebarrel?

I would think any competent gunsmith could contour and rebarrel that if provided a proper barrel blank.

Reactions: ZG47A
I guess you'd get a similar response here like you got on Gunboards.
The barrels are the serialised part, so any sort of collector value is gone.
The cost vs labour to fit a barrel on the m91 would outweigh the benefit.
Best find another standard m91/30 with a great bore and just dress it up if you are just after a shooter.

I guess you'd get a similar response here like you got on Gunboards.
The barrels are the serialised part, so any sort of collector value is gone.
The cost vs labour to fit a barrel on the m91 would outweigh the benefit.
Best find another standard m91/30 with a great bore and just dress it up if you are just after a shooter.
Keep the barrel, just like car collectors who keep corroded wire wheels, etcetera and use new ones for driving.

I guess I'd say
a) I already altered it from a legitimate "collectors" status by resnipering it (according to purists)
b) I have three other "legit" PUSnipers
c) I suppose you could accuse me of a "bubba" job here but I guess I'm just curious to see what the platform can do "as new" wi barrel wrap and shims
c) I already put one of Josh Smith's triggers in it (reverseable) and is wonderful
d) Not about the money, I'm older I can afford it. I guess. . . . because "I want to" (???).

• Love
Reactions: ZG47A