• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes recommend a repair shop for Kahles zf84 6x42 ?

C99

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
MI
I have grabbed up a Kahles ZF84 from a guy
it's the 6 x 42 model with a 26mm tube..
I havn't taken receipt of it yet but it's
apparently in need of being purged and refilled with nitrogen
I'd imagine some new seals may be in order?? shit who knows?

Just shy of sending it over seas to be repaired in a Kahles factory which
will be minimal 8 weeks,is there anybody state side I can have fix this that is actually worth a shit??

Thanks in advance...

Re: recommend a repair shop for Kahles zf84 6x42 ?

Parson Scope Service is excellent but will probably take longer than Kahles. If it were mine I'd send it to Kahles.... you know it will be right.
Remember to use 26mm rings (still made by Leupold and Control), 1" rings will wreck it!

Funny I talked to that gentleman today in Ohio @ Parson's I was all ready to send it to him until he said 6 months plus wait ..

He is buried under Unertls and Lymans...

Send it to Kahles - no if's, no but's.

They have done both a ZF69 & a ZF84 for me over the years & they have been returned as new - even externally refinished.

FWIW

roger that Tikka will do
I just grabbed one up for $300
with some mwg 26mm badger type rings
guy says it fogged up a bit coming in from
outdoors and suspects it isn't airtight no more
I havn't received it yet but the pics he sent appear
to have it in extremely nice condition...

I hope it tracks good and will work out.

It has the 168 gr cam, 144 reticle
rubber telescoping sunshade..

anything you wanna tell me special about yours?
not exactly alot of info out there on these..

Here's a few pics of it..
It may fill a nice gap where there are but a finger full of good glass,tactical scopes with a BDC and a range finding reticle.

PIC_0071.jpg

PIC_0069.jpg

PIC_0068.jpg

Do these markings look like yours Tikka ?

I spoke with a Herman from Kahles in CT I believe ,he informed me that another company also manufactured this same design for the
IDF contract and said optronics .

Since this scope has no tell tale markings of manufacture and is from an IDF rifle M14 designated sniper rifle.

I'm left wondering, would Kahles license optronics their patented design to be made in their factory?

I recall Herman saying that Kahles would not repair an optronics scope...

Appears it had a tritium lit reticle at one point in time.

Sorry mate, like C99 said - that is not a Kahles scope.

There is a mob out of Israel that sell these on Ebay as Kahles scopes - they are made in Europe I believe.

There was a batch of these sold in Australia a few years ago - I remember that Kahles would not touch them which is justifiable considering that they are not their product.

Hope you are not stuck with it.............

TY
Tikka

This only confirms my suspicion which Herman from Kahles USA in CT
told me,,he said bluntly that if it didn't have Kahls name on it ,it isn't a Kahles,,,there was no production made w/o their name.

They will not repair it,nor touch it! it's a clone...
I've contacted the seller and have requested my $$ back..

He's actually a nice guy and there should be no problems..

He's a victim as well...

TY

Hi i have a Kahles ZF84 10X42 on a Sieyr SSG P II and as stated that is no Kahles the screw down turret locks give it away without any other details needing checking. Also no Kahles had Tritium that i know off. Also confirms why he was leting it go for $300 ad another grand to the price and you will b e in the ball park for a second hand one. Also they should be in Metres not yards as that is the metric system that Kahles made them for.

Good Luck getting your money back and i hope you have better luck getting another scope.

Thanks Bill

Yes I had a gut feeling not to push the pay button.
I should have listened to it as I always do

OK so I wasted 18 dollars on a round trip with the fags at
paypal,,,9 bucks sending the money and he sent me $300 back
so They of course deducted another $9.00....Jesus I can't fucking win!

If it looks too good to be true! well you know the rest!

OK here's a website the seller gave me a link to which convinced him it was a Kahles and me as well,,,at least enough to buy this for the price...

These guys are selling 100% fraudulant Kahles scopes then....
And I don't doubt that statement ....

http://www.scopetica.com/catalog/product...17898456b2993bf

guess they should be made public,,to prevent unsuspecting people from being ripped off.

Funny the more I look at that site and try to find a contact,,a country or where in the fuck they are at ,it throws a cheesy fraudulent vibe,like this is a mob or gypsy run scam!

Like every item!

anybody care to step up and order something with their credit card here? LOL!

cocksuckers are everywhere to rip you off!

wanna see what I mean?
place an ad in Craigslist for something pricey and expensive with some nice pics..

wait 24 hours you will have been contacted by a slimey lil Nigerean prick who will send a reply that they wanna buy it asap,,and send you a MO and have somebody that works for them come pick it up...

I'm damned near ready to tell them to come out here ,,take care of them and feed them (what's left) to the neighbor's hogs, like woo the China man in Deadwood....