• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing recommend gunsmith to inlet blank GRS laminate stock for SSG 3000 Patrol 308 please!

Which GRS stock or any commercially available stock/chassis would you consider the best (most accurate, most comfortable, best suited) for the Sig SSG3000

If you take a look at the website above that has the rail for the first generation SSG 3000, you’ll see that he has a chassis specifically for the SSG 3000

thank you, very curious.

so many competitors in Scandinavia seem to be using the STR200 which is really pushing me to optimize the SSG3000

Which GRS stock or any commercially available stock/chassis would you consider the best (most accurate, most comfortable, best suited) for the Sig SSG3000

The original mcmilian stock for the SSG 3000 is actually really good. Well I like about it is that it’s got to thumbscrews to hold the cheek piece in place, and that it’s completely bedded with aluminum blocks for the action.

The GRS stock is very good and effectively a drop in stock as well.

I apologize for abandoning this thread for the moment.

During process of researching this upgrade, I discovered that the long distance target/sniper/marksman rifle market and sport has exploded since I bought my SSG 3000 six years ago. There are many rifles currently made that are exactly what I was looking for six years ago- but didn't exist then. Or there were some examples- but were exotic and expensive.. After seeing all this new info- and arriving at conclusion that I want a 6.5 CM rifle, I am abandoning the plan to get a LH GRS stock for my SSG- seems like trying to put a round peg in a square hole to say nothing of the $$$. Why not get a Tikka CTR 6.5 CM- set aside the stock, and get a LH pre-inletted GRS Hybrid stock? According to their site, I believe this is available pre-inletted. Or get a Tikka CTR and install a KRG stock? Or buy a Tikka T3X TAC A1? I have already bought a Ruger Hawkeye Long Distance Target rifle 6.5 CM.

It would have been interesting to complete this project and post pics to the thread, but doesn't make sense to me at this point.

Thanks for your input- any other thoughts appreciated.......

Tikka T3X A1... thats the best and most cost effective alternative. Its a nice and as smoot as my TRG-42 in 300W, but in 6.5CM.

The only difference between it and the SSG is that you’ll have to restock the SSG. The one advantage the SSG has is that you can rebarrel It super easy.

Left hand ctr's aren't available in the US. So far krg doesn't have the left hand cut for a Tikka AFAIK. Can be done with a file though.

Left hand ctr's aren't available in the US. So far krg doesn't have the left hand cut for a Tikka AFAIK. Can be done with a file though.

The CTR would be RH- and the KRG is ambidextrous I think. According to my reading of ordering options on GRS site (see attachment), a LH GRS laminate stock would be available in their Hunter, Hybrid, and Sporter models for a normal T3/T3X barreled action. I will confirm with them if I proceed on the CTR build path.
Screen Shot GRS stock options for Tikka.jpg

Tikka T3X A1... thats the best and most cost effective alternative. Its a nice and as smoot as my TRG-42 in 300W, but in 6.5CM.

The only difference between it and the SSG is that you’ll have to restock the SSG. The one advantage the SSG has is that you can rebarrel It super easy.

I can use the SSG the way it is- just not wild about the way it looks- and I think I need a height adjustable butt stock for shooting prone. Was looking for something like the stock on my soon-to-arrive Ruger HLRT (see attachment)- may try to hack together something for a height adjustable butt stock for this rifle. Of course, the KRG and GRS do have height adjustable butt stocks.

Ruger HLRT pic 1.jpg

At this point, I think the GRS would be ideal. I'm not wild about the GRS extreme accented laminate appearance, but I would get used to it- seems very popular. LH GRS Hybrid stock with Tikka T3X 6.5 CM barrelled action and Little Bastard brake seems like it would be a nice set up for me.

I'm old, and neck doesn't flex too much for prone shooting. I think raised butt pad area will help- as well as other GRS adjustment options. The upper rear corner of the SSG butt stock slams into mid point of my shoulder and shooting position needs huge improvement. I would prefer to shoot off a table, but I go out to the open desert where there's nobody and it's nice not to go to a range. I have tried shooting off my $39.99 Amazon Chinese folding picnic table- HA!!! I'm designing in my mind as I write some sort of heavy duty, solid portable shooting table.

i read these posts with great interest. I closely examined the fit of my ssg3000 in the Sig USA stock and noted that there seemed to be a little extra space for the receiver both fore and aft. If i screwed down the rear machine screw first and then subsequently tightened the front machine screw it seemed to draw the receiver in a bit more securely but the gap always troubled me.

i figured i didn't have too much to lose and so with great trepidation I cleaned and degreased the requisite areas, I very lightly sanded the sites to be bedded. I then skim bedding the receiver / stock relationship. I used Marine Tex as it was readily available in the local shop. Basically just some epoxy to both the rearmost and the front most sections. I wrapped one single layer of painters tape taped to surround and protect the whole central FCU section and the exposed magazine release spring. I also wrapped with painters tape a few rotations around the proximal end of the barrel. I lightly waxed up everything else with Johnsons paste wax and greased up the screws. There were a couple of holes that i filled with some numbers putty just to be extra cautious and taped the stock.

The next day i cleaned the heck out of everything, lubricated as needed.

I had a chance to test it out today.....interestingly, it did bring my reload group size down rather nicely. i don't know if it was just a good day or the bedding helped or both.... but i was genuinely pleased.

The aesthetic result sure doesn't approach anything that the professional outfits demonstrate so i'll spare you the embarrassment but it feels solid. The receiver is held tight, midline, there is no flex or tension that i could identify, the barrel is free floated and everything functions nicely. I did take this opportunity to completely take apart, clean and lubricate the FCU.

just thought someone might be interested.

prior to skim bedding: my usual groups with this rifle seemed to run a mean of about .6 to .7 MOA some days better, some days worse.

today i had several groups of .3 MOA and none over .5 MOA

I still can't seem to achieve groups where all the fired shots create a single small hole but for me this proved to be a rewarding experience.