• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Recommendations Wanted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
Deer Park, Texas
Got a new LTR and plan on putting a Leupold 8.5x25x50 on it. Want to use a picatinny base and tactical rings. What would be your recommendation for rings and bases and what height rings would you use to keep the scope as low as possible without touching the barrel? Not too concerned about price and just want a no BS set up.

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Recommendations Wanted

I have a Leupold 4.5-14X50 and am using the Leupold Mark 4 two piece base and aluminum rings on my LTR. I've never had an issue with them and they have been on there since '99.

im trying to build up my ltr aswell with leupold mark 4...

Topgun,
do u have an illuminated scope? hows the whole set up been working out for you sine it started.

ath23,
I don't have the illuminated. I've shot in some low light situations and din't really need it. The setup has worked fine for me though. the rings and bases haven't given any problem at all. The scope hasn't either, but when we shoot 1/2moa targets at some distance the reticle is a bit thick. Shooting at steel out to around 700 is not too bad. I have shot out to 1000 once and had plenty of elevation adjustment, but the wind kicked my butt.