• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington rifle/ Remington Ammo

toe42

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
I was wondering if anyone else has heard that if you shoot remington Ammo from a Remington Rifle it shoots Considerably well..has anyone Done this? IT makes sense that it would.

Re: Remington rifle/ Remington Ammo

Mmmm interesting theory but i don't buy it. My reloads have shoot much better than any factory ammo and I am far from being an exception.
post some data to prove your allegations and i'll review my position on the subject.
cheers.

how does the rifle know what brand ammo is being shot through it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmm interesting theory but i don't buy it. My reloads have shoot much better than any factory ammo and I am far from being an exception.
</div></div>
+1

you didn't know.. damn i thought everyone got the memo.. Remington puts a micro chip in the ammo and the weapon so they know when they are being used together.

you'll notice lighter trigger pull, less foiling of the barrel, and more consistent grouping.

don't be surpassed if your key holing shots out to 1000 either. that micro chip also helps guide the bullet to where the last bullet hit once you have zeroed your rifle.

its a great system actually
wink.gif

LMAO

I think i will do a test... Any suggestions on brands of Ammo to face remingting factory loads?

i would say put it up against federal since there seem to be a number of shooters who seem to like the 168 and 175gn SMK since they are easily found at any local sporting goods store and when put into a hand load they hold pretty nice groups.

not sure if remington has anything to compete with the federal SMK loads though. i don't even shoot the remington ammo out of my pistols because I've found it to be pretty inconsistent.

EDIT: i found this about about remingtons Premier line up. it comes in 175gn as well. http://www.bluesheepdog.com/308-sniper-ammo/

I think the best out of the box load is the federal 168 MK, or 174 MK. I have never heard of anything substantial from Remi. I would take some time and develop loads that your weapon likes.

oddly enough my factory barrel on my model 700 shot worse with remington ammo than any other factory ammo...it liked hornady

yea i tried the hornady 178gn and my rifle didn't like them as much as the 175 smk. the guy next to me a coupe week back had the same rifle as me and he was using the hornady. we swapped a few bullets and tried a comparison. both of our groups were noticeably larger (obviously not the same point of impact). some rifles seems to prefer a certain factory ammo. same goes with reloading. what works for one guy might not work for another even if they have the same rifle.

Why would it make sense that it would shoot better? Do you think that the ammo is made alongside the rifle in the same plant? There is no correlation between the two. Your "test" is not going to prove or disprove anything, because you will not have a large enough sample of rifles and ammo to make any conclusions. One rifle does not a test make.

When I traded an AR15 for an LTR from a friend, he included a case of Remington Premier Match 168. Compared favorably with FGGM 168, but neither could match my handloads. The factory loads averaged in the 6's and 7's, whereas the handloads averaged in the 5's. But then again, the Hornady 178 and the Corbon 175 shot comparable to the handloads. My custom barreled rifles only shoot handloads, more consistent and way cheaper.

I've also read somewhere on the internet that Remington adds some PFM (Pure Fucking Magic) dust to the powder to make their match ammo.

Hate to say it, but I actually experienced this with a 700 SPS in 243 Win. Using the 100gr Core-Lokt, the accuracy is outstanding. It's the only factory load I'll buy IF necessary. No bs.

I am shooting a remimgton 308 700 AAC-sd.. My groups have been some what inconsistent.. I am not the best shooter but can shoot better than what I'm grouping. A friend of mine suggested shooting remimgton ammo out of a remimgton rifle.. Just thought I would see what you fine gentlemen and ladys thought