• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP Poohster

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
This cat was better company than most people. She feared no dog, dogs feared her.
Best friend a guy could want to have, but now it's time to take her on the final drive, she had a stroke and I can't let her suffer.

A lot of the guys that were at Ft Lewis in teh early and mid 2000's knew this cat, she was well liked, and if you've been to my house and met her, consider yourself fortunate.
Just a cat they say, not so - poohster was divine intervention in the first place with the circumstances of how she came to be here.

I've lost friends, raised a glass and wished them well, but this - this has truly jaded me, broken my heart.

ytKAlmz.jpg

I have been through it twice in the last year. One dog was 15, and one was 16.5 years old. Both raised from pups. It's a special emptiness when you loose a friend that loves you unconditionally. Enough to reduce this 245# former infantryman to a teary mess.

I'm sorry man. There is no way to make it better, but you have to take comfort in knowing you gave her the best life you could and you didn't let her suffer.

Chris

Sorry to hear that my friend. Last cat I lost I was heartbroken for weeks. They are such awesome friends and non cat persons dont get it.... The only plus that comes from losing an old friend is that it opens up a spot on ones life for a new kitten... And a kitten is always a riot.

Have a better day!

Sirhr

You have my condolences man. Reason I was animal-less for a couple years is I hate dealing with the end. I have two cats now and they are funny as hell.

Artic - I can relate to the special bond a cat can make with a human. Once they adopt you as theirs, you're in for a special and unique relationship. I loved all my dogs, especially my long gone GSD, but a nearly dead Orange Tabby, Ucky, go into my shop 11 years ago and change everything I though I knew about about cats.

Sorry to hear that my friend. Last cat I lost I was heartbroken for weeks. They are such awesome friends and non cat persons dont get it.... The only plus that comes from losing an old friend is that it opens up a spot on ones life for a new kitten... And a kitten is always a riot.

Have a better day!

Sirhr

Sirh - you continue to surprise me, because I would never have pegged you as a cat person. I agree, those that haven't experienced a relationship with a cat are missing out.

Best wishes, sad day for sure. I've got a great cat as well,12 yrs old and still chases her tail. Dogs drool, cats rule.

Condolences, Scott. I've had a few special ones, too. We lost our last one a few years ago. The bird still calls out for him from time to time, and meows, looking for a response.

You have my condolences and sympathy. I've buried two in the last 25 years and it never gets easier. Each one died in my arms, it's the least I can do for them on their final moments.

Give your heart time to heal and then bring home an adult cat from the pound. Those guys stand very little chance......

It is done, she died in my arms today.

In my entire life I have never felt this empty. I've always had a light at the end of the tunnel, or whatnot.

I have Meowth, a Bengal-tabby mix and he's lovey dovey at night (Just don't pet him or he will attack), and despite that they never got along he was compassionate to her at the end, something humans lack a lot of.

I am empty today, this won't heal any time soon.

I had a kitten go in my arms this way... he had an autoimmune and would never have grown up. He was an awesome personality when not really sick, but he was never getting better. I still feel the pain of watching him go in my hands.

My other cats have all gone 'away' while out in woods or outside the house. This kitten was only in my life a few weeks... but watching him go was incredibly painful.

Arctic... I know how you feel and hope it gets better soon. You'll never forget her... but with time, maybe a new kitty will replace that void.

Xshot... yeah... cat person since I was a kid. Had a couple of dogs while young, but cats always found their place in my heart. Today it's Sam, AWOL, Pouncey and Trillian... Sam is 13 and going strong. AWOL is an outside cat and I never expect him to come home. Pouncey and Trillian are both 4-ish and I expect them to be around a long time. But when Sam and/or AWOL check out, it will be hard. Beyond hard.

Since I was in single digit years... Sophie, Denmark, OJ, Hilde, Stu (short for Stupid), Harley, Oscar, Madagascar (kitten mentioned above). All were awesome. Sam, AWOL, Peachy Carnahan, Pouncey da Steeler and Trill... All were awesome. All are awesome.

PM me if you want to chat offline...

Stay strong my friend... stay strong.

Sirhr

Sorry for your loss Arctic . I've lost three dogs in my years and I know it hurts . Worked for a guy who was in Vietnam , real hard as nails fucker . He had hunting dogs . When I put my first one down came to work the next day and started ballin when he asked me about her . Tough SOB said to me he had put a few down and cried himself .
Sorry for the loss of your family member .

Artic - It's tough to lose a loyal pet. Poohster has that deep penetrating look as if she can see into your soul. No doubt she had a special relationship with you. Your grief honors the years you had together.

Take care my friend.

P.S.

That Ucky cat I previously post about is laying on my chest as I type this and he's giving me that same penetrating look. He knows something is wrong.

It is done, she died in my arms today.

In my entire life I have never felt this empty. I've always had a light at the end of the tunnel, or whatnot.

I have Meowth, a Bengal-tabby mix and he's lovey dovey at night (Just don't pet him or he will attack), and despite that they never got along he was compassionate to her at the end, something humans lack a lot of.

I am empty today, this won't heal any time soon.

Rejoice in the thought that she's in St Francis' arms tonight and forever.

Go with peace Poohster. I feel your pain, we went through a similar loss last year. They are not just animals but a member of the family, with so much character. Give it time.

Sorry for your loss! If people were a lot more like cats and dogs, the world would be a muck better place. My condolences!

Sorry man. I just adopted a raggedy little wild cat, or more like he adopted us. He had been hanging in my garden, and around my compost bins all summer. He must have had some broken ribs, that what it feels like now. But he looked pretty bad all summer. He would let you get close but not too close. Then one day the wife went out side, and called him {when he started to run away}. He turned around and came back to her. Surprised me. Now he is waiting at the front door to get some eats at 4am every day. Come in and get scratched.

I know what you're going through. Our Al E. Cat was almost 18 when he departed in 2015.
We'd grown quite close over the last few years. I still have him on my desktop wallpaper and I still flip through pics and videos of him on a regular basis. No more pets for me. I just can't do that again.

I know what you're going through. Our Al E. Cat was almost 18 when he departed in 2015.
We'd grown quite close over the last few years. I still have him on my desktop wallpaper and I still flip through pics and videos of him on a regular basis. No more pets for me. I just can't do that again.

That's how I feel, won't be any more for me for a VERY long time.

Thank you all for the kind words, 20 replies, I feel honored to have been her caretaker.

I have neglected Meowth a bit because Poohster was first but gave him petting just before bed and at the morning "Coffee and Kitties" - to which I'm still going to do, she'll have to come visit in spirit.

Had a cat pass and buried him here and for 2 years people would say "Whoa, did you see that black cat", he wasn't my cat but I took care of him so he stayed., I hope to see Poohster out of the corner of my eye at least one last time.

Sniper kitty.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/fNjVlQD.jpg"}[/IMG2]

:(

Give it some time. Cats tend to send their replacements when the time is right. We lost our two within six months of each other; the first we held as she passed at home, the second we held at the vet's. We swore that we wouldn't get anymore. One day, a friend's husband was given orders to Japan, and they needed to find a home for their cat, and well...Nikki came home with us. A few months later, just passing through the pound one day, and a cat way up on the top level of the pens caught my eye. The only cat "talking" to me as I walked past. Turned out she (Tabitha) had been there the longest of any cat; a year and a half. She came home with us that day, much to the irritation of Nikki. Like yours, they never got along well together (more like they tolerated each other), but as Nikki became ill, Tabitha suddenly became very compassionate. We lost Nikki a few months ago. It was tough, knowing we could have milked her along a few more months, but also knowing she was in pain.

I swear, sometimes I see Nikki out of the corner of my eye sometimes... It just tells me that she's waiting for the right time to send in her replacement, like they've all done over the years.

Deepest and heart felt condolences Artic...

Last edited: