• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ruger american target

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
looked at one the other day in 22mag nice feeling rifle, not heavy by anymeans, looking at getting one chambered on 22lr for my son anyone have one and how well do they shoot

I have an RAR Target in .17HMR, the first gun had extraction issues and showed signs of excessive headspace. Even so it showed signs of being very accurate in comparison to my Savage Varminter. They sent a new spring and extractor for the bolt which helped but didn't get it to 100%. I shipped the gun back to them and they ended up sending a replacement. The replacement gun has been 100% reliable and the ergonomics are very good in my opinion.

This was at 50 yds with a 4-16x scope and about 75 rounds through the barrel, it's tightened up since then.

i-jfz2Zjf-XL.jpg

PS - I just picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire and it's very good as well. Better trigger than the RAR Target.