S&B PMII Dual CC 1-8x24 and Vortex Razor Gen3 1-10x24

TDFT1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
Not to get off point but, I can’t find the Vortex anywhere! Also why doesn’t the Minox get more cred? I don’t have experience with one but the reviews look good. Any feedback on them?
Dealer I know had gotten a bunch when first released but they were snapped up QUICK!!

ormandj

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
Can you elaborate on the REVIC? I was very interested in them, I don’t buy first year items for the most part. Wait to see if they have problems..
From his optic/thermal/NV/etc destruction list, make sure to evaluate understanding this is clearly a person who spends their time in the mountains/desert fighting polar bears, sharks with lasers, ninja assassins, and aliens. I know where to send devices for destructive testing from now on. I thought I was hard on equipment; wow.

chrome

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Finally had an extended "real world" session with both the S&B and Gen3. Nothing scientific here, but after 3 days of hog hunting (in both day and night) the S&B shined for me in two specific areas: (1) eyebox/forgiveness from shooting in various positions, (2) reticle.

Shooting on the move in the jeep, shooting supported, kneeling, my eye was able to find the space behind the scope faster and the reticle faster compared to the Gen3. It was noticeable at each time I got behind the glass.

Is this variance worth the extra $2k for a hobbyist/hunter? I doubt it. The Gen3 was still tits on glass in its on right.

20201024_160717.jpg

20201023_171507.jpg

1603576791030.jpg