Gunsmithing  S&W 625 broken yoke retaining pin

ERdept

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Orange County, Kali.
The pin that holds the yoke that, in turn, holds the cylinder is broken.

In the hole, I can see the pin and what seems to be a spring.

How easy is this for me to repair? Im pointing at the rod with the grove that is held in by the little pin, with the oven thermometer.

Kells81

Slacker
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX
    Re: S&W 625 broken yoke retaining pin

the older smiths this was a solid screw, the newer ones they have some sort of screw pin spring setup, better to take it to a smith and have the older screw fitted

RMPSTRAT

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 11, 2006
    Marina, CA
    www.delvallegunsmithing.com

Reason they went to the spring loaded crane screw is to eliminate fitting a specific screw and in turn keeping people from scoring the crane with the wrong screw. I have some in stock send me your address and I'll send one down to you

ERdept

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2008
    Orange County, Kali.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reason they went to the spring loaded crane screw is to eliminate fitting a specific screw and in turn keeping people from scoring the crane with the wrong screw. I have some in stock send me your address and I'll send one down to you </div></div>

Wow! I love you like a brother!

I'll pm my addy. Thanks, but will I be able to fix it easily?

Kells81

Slacker
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX

there was a post about a week and a half ago that the guy was shooting IDPA or something and the cylinder hit the floor on a reload. had a video, I did a search but couldnt find it.

ERdept

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2008
    Orange County, Kali.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there was a post about a week and a half ago that the guy was shooting IDPA or something and the cylinder hit the floor on a reload. had a video, I did a search but couldnt find it. </div></div>

I did some research. This is what happened to me, but during cleaning.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbkoutGwA78"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbkoutGwA78" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>