• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing S&W 625 broken yoke retaining pin

ERdept

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Orange County, Kali.
The pin that holds the yoke that, in turn, holds the cylinder is broken.

In the hole, I can see the pin and what seems to be a spring.

How easy is this for me to repair? Im pointing at the rod with the grove that is held in by the little pin, with the oven thermometer.

0508090510.jpg

Re: S&W 625 broken yoke retaining pin

the older smiths this was a solid screw, the newer ones they have some sort of screw pin spring setup, better to take it to a smith and have the older screw fitted

Reason they went to the spring loaded crane screw is to eliminate fitting a specific screw and in turn keeping people from scoring the crane with the wrong screw. I have some in stock send me your address and I'll send one down to you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reason they went to the spring loaded crane screw is to eliminate fitting a specific screw and in turn keeping people from scoring the crane with the wrong screw. I have some in stock send me your address and I'll send one down to you </div></div>

Wow! I love you like a brother!

I'll pm my addy. Thanks, but will I be able to fix it easily?

there was a post about a week and a half ago that the guy was shooting IDPA or something and the cylinder hit the floor on a reload. had a video, I did a search but couldnt find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there was a post about a week and a half ago that the guy was shooting IDPA or something and the cylinder hit the floor on a reload. had a video, I did a search but couldnt find it. </div></div>

I did some research. This is what happened to me, but during cleaning.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbkoutGwA78"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbkoutGwA78" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>