• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG M10

@NiemiPT awesome gun you have.

I own a black M10 in .308 and i recently ordered two caliber exchange sets, one in 6.5 Creedmore and one in .300 Norma Magnum. šŸ„³

Reactions: NiemiPT
Yes! It would be lovely to have M10 here in Finland and service would be really good. Only problem is that we have quite restrictive licence policy and nowadays for some reason 338lm is difficult to get for hunting even though 338wm, 375h&h and some other quite similar heavy calibers are just fine.

Actually there is not so big difference between 338wm and 338lm but I would like to have that extra speed to make sure that TTSX or naturalis will open properly.

Shooting an M10 is a religious experience:)
EJ

Where did you order caliber exchange sets?

I ordered the barrel exchange set here by my local gun store in the Netherlans, he will order it by the dutch supplier of Sako.

An exchange set costs ā‚¬2100 that includes a complete bolt, magazine and barrel. because I ordered 2 sets I paid ā‚¬4000 total.

Reactions: NiemiPT
@NiemiPT awesome gun you have.

I own a black M10 in .308 and i recently ordered two caliber exchange sets, one in 6.5 Creedmore and one in .300 Norma Magnum. šŸ„³

Itā€™s lovely gun šŸ˜ Iā€™m thinking about .308win caliber kit. Black would have been my choice too but I found this bit special two tone one and loved it!

Yes! It would be lovely to have M10 here in Finland and service would be really good. Only problem is that we have quite restrictive licence policy and nowadays for some reason 338lm is difficult to get for hunting even though 338wm, 375h&h and some other quite similar heavy calibers are just fine.

Actually there is not so big difference between 338wm and 338lm but I would like to have that extra speed to make sure that TTSX or naturalis will open properly.

It took 3 months and few chats with chief of license office to get a license for this šŸ˜… I had a good reasonings!

I ordered the barrel exchange set here by my local gun store in the Netherlans, he will order it by the dutch supplier of Sako.

An exchange set costs ā‚¬2100 that includes a complete bolt, magazine and barrel. because I ordered 2 sets I paid ā‚¬4000 total.
Interesting. Iā€™ve never heard that 6.5 CM and .300NM already available for order.
Nothing is on Eurooptic

I had been checking as well. Not that I NEED another caliber at this point šŸ˜‚ I will ping Europtic and see what they say about availability in the US. The normal caliber kits here are $1600 or so.

Here in the Netherlands we also have trouble with the 338LM, actually with all bullets larger than 8mm (I think they are dangerous šŸ™„) luckily there is the .300NM. when I requested the sets they had no answer they had to contact Sako first.
But it was no problem to order them.

Everything from Sako is very expensive here, I'm a bit jealous of the US prices. but I knew that when I got the fantastic M10.
I don't regret it for a moment šŸ¤Ŗ

Sako M10.jpeg

Such a nice gun! I need Atlas too. Iā€™m not sure if I prefer PRS, CAL or 5H.

I have the PRS version because those legs cannot rotate, a friend of mine has the CAL version, I must say that it is very nice bipod. if i chose an atlas again i chose the CAL version.

I also recently ordered a Fortmeier bipod H210 12:00 model, another friend of mine has it on his Tikka Tac a1 and I must say that is a rock sollid pipod

I have a Fortmeier too but I don't have a spigot for picatinny. I should get one.

Actually there is also Super CAL which could be suitable for M10. I prefer podlock lever more than tilt so CAL would be nicer for me.

Reactions: Mayvik
TRG bipod would be one option. I feel that Harris is not that wide that I would like to have. It's not that stable under M10 and I would prefer wider bipod. It would be perfect to compare SCAL and 5H next to each other. I don't think that I need pan but I like the mount in 5H.

Sorry to resurrect a necro-thread but did anyone ever find a source for barrel extensions? Also, has anyone in the US been able to get factory 6.5CM or 300 Norma barrels? @AIAW @sennasteve ?
Negative on the 6.5 and 300nm my sources say. Sako supposedly shelved the idea during 2020. I think long rifles in s.d. built some extensions for one of the members . However your best bet may be to buy a barrel when they go on sale at the beretta store. Those barrels came straight out of complete conversion kits and have the extensions on them. I got two on sale for like 650.00 each.

Reactions: AIAW
I bought a 308 barrel on sale for about $550 last year. Kind of expensive for an extension but cheaper than getting a machine shop setup for a handful of product. LRI to my knowledge was thinking about producing some but never did. I contacted them last year about it and got the same answer. I think Chad has plenty of pots in the fire as it is. I would watch beretta's website and see if they come out with their 40% sale again.

Sorry to resurrect a necro-thread but did anyone ever find a source for barrel extensions? Also, has anyone in the US been able to get factory 6.5CM or 300 Norma barrels? @AIAW @sennasteve ?
Chad @LongRifles Inc. should be able to shed some light on the extensions. He does stand-up work and is well versed in Sako-land.

Usually you end up sacrificing a factory tube just to gain the extension, but itā€™s possible that he (or someone) is machining them now. Not a simple task as there is some interesting geometry with them.

Chad @LongRifles Inc. should be able to shed some light on the extensions. He does stand-up work and is well versed in Sako-land.

Usually you end up sacrificing a factory tube just to gain the extension, but itā€™s possible that he (or someone) is machining them now. Not a simple task as there is some interesting geometry with them.

I appreciate the kind words but this is a part I've never monkeyed with. Years ago I started to fart around with making them for the DTA stuff, but it just fizzled out.

I'm not against making them, but I would need someone to send us one to model up.

Reactions: AIAW
On the Facebook M10 page someone from Norway has already placed an order for a factory 6.5CM barrel.
The 6.5CM and 300NM barrels were released 1.5 years ago, we need to push Beretta USA

Thanks gents.
@Sylvan did they actually receive it or just order. I would look at the FB group but I don't have an account. Unfortunately it is Beretta who are not all that interested in the civvy market.

Thanks gents.
@Sylvan did they actually receive it or just order. I would look at the FB group but I don't have an account. Unfortunately it is Beretta who are not all that interested in the civvy market.
I asked him about the current status. He said that May is ETA, already July.

Well, I placed the order today. In theory I will have a 300 Norma barrel sometime in November.
Wow, Beretta USA?
That guy from Norway has not received a 6.5CM barrel yet.

Last edited:
I had gotten a few barrels direct from Beretta USA with a 40% off coupon recently. Also, EO got me the 6.5 CM. That took a few months and I picked it up in late May early June.

One ring/band, same as what's on the bolt. I had actually gotten the 6.5 CM kit. S160206771CBB

Out of curiosity, what did they do about the tactile markers on the 6.5 barrel?

Here's a few more pictures from my first outing with it. I was using the 300 Win Mag, you can see the marks on the bolt in the close up shot.

20210417_162257.jpg

20210417_162235.jpg

20210417_163931.jpg

last week I was informed by the gun shop that the shipment is ready at Sako to be sent.o_O after 14 months of waiting I hope to finally receive the 6.5 Creedmore and .300NM in a few weeks
Long wait šŸ˜…

Didn't know Sako was offering 300 NM barrels. I'd would have ordered those instead of the 300 WM spares I had gotten.

last week I was informed by the gun shop that the shipment is ready at Sako to be sent.o_O after 14 months of waiting I hope to finally receive the 6.5 Creedmore and .300NM in a few weeks

Here are some results with my 6.5 M10 barrel. The federal stuff is junk and Iā€™m using it to break in the barrel before switching to the Bergerā€™s.

Edit: Factory 26" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel

Attachments

• 74C9D41E-61AD-40FE-B2D5-9F6D0E2EEB51.jpeg
    74C9D41E-61AD-40FE-B2D5-9F6D0E2EEB51.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 111
  • EB65F6F2-8E4B-451D-844E-5104878BD088.jpeg
    EB65F6F2-8E4B-451D-844E-5104878BD088.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 65F1FBB1-EBB5-40AE-BD1F-18D6B9211859.jpeg
    65F1FBB1-EBB5-40AE-BD1F-18D6B9211859.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 101
  • AC109114-19B4-4D47-AF1E-9997F9997F5D.jpeg
    AC109114-19B4-4D47-AF1E-9997F9997F5D.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Does anyone know what the twist rate is on the 300 NM barrels are? Beretta usa says 11 but they say the same for the 338LM which I believe to be a misprint as the brochures I've seen out of sako say 10 twist on both calibers. 11 would be just stupid in my opinion.

Exactly. I just got a 338 barrel kit today and it was listed on beretta's website as 1:11 twist. Opened the box and its 1:10 which I figured it was. I called Beretta today and waited 20 minutes for an operator and then another 5 for an answer to the 300nm twist rate. The guy said it was 1:11 which I believe the numbnut got by looking at their own website. I have seen a brochure showing it at 1:10 but I think someone screwed up the translation. Just open a box and look dingle berry. I swear some of these people are morons. Who the hell would want 1:11 for 300nm, seriously?

Reactions: JohnCarter17