• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

savage 10/110

Mace06

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
Louisiana
just bought a savage110 ba 308 and never owned a savage before any have some tips or tricks on tweaking the gun or any thoughts on flaws. And thanks for the help

Re: savage 10/110

The 10BA? That's the .308 version. The 110BA is the long action in .300 WM or .338 LM. Get a good bipod (like a Harris) on it. Make sure to retorque the rail because it isn't coming properly installed from the factory or the dealers. Throw some quality optics on it, get some match ammo, and go to the range!

I'm guessing the weight of the 10BA is similar to my 110BA and the brakes are about as effective. If so the .308 version should be easy to shoot all day long. Not sure if you'll ever use the entire rail on the thing, the side rails are really just tacticool. I've seen some people replace it with a regular rail and it cleans up the look of the rifle a bit, but the OE rail isn't a bad one by any means.

Thanks methos i put both cause depending on how the 308 is i might get the cannon later on Haha. Triggers any good or do they need to be tossed. And ill post pics and range report as soon as i get it all together

I like the AccuTrigger, but not everyone does. I've left them on both my Savages and haven't had any issues, but I do know that if you mess about with the blade too much it'll lock out the trigger and you need to reseat the bolt to get it to reset.

i replaced the factory butt with a magpull PRS2, big improvement. I got the BAS/T model and am very happy with the trigger.

I don't think id care for the lock out feature but Ima give it a try. Another thing what about the bolt i love a spriral bolt any good replacements and as far as the bi-pod is it a swivel or a rail o. The bottom end ? The reason i ask is cause Im offshore and the gun is at my house so Im trying to get everything ordered for when Im in.

I have owned my savage 10BA for close to a year now and it has almost 1000 rounds through it.

I have been reloading for it from the start and I have found that spending the extra coin on Lapua brass is worth it.

My load is 42.3gr of Varget in Lapua cases with CCI BR-2 primers.
This is a very light load yet very accurate in my rifle.
Mine prefers being shot dirty so i've been leaving it that way even though it's killing me inside.

Since you're not around to play with yours I'll show you what mine has done recently.
I hope you have as much fun with yours as I do with mine.
27-7-12-A.jpg

TgtGfx.jpg

Here is mine in a group photo.
GroupPhoto2.jpg

Yea Its driving me crazy i have 3 weeks left before i can get in and touch it andcwouldn't be more ready plus hunting season is finally start up Haha

It's a swivel mount. Both my Savages have two swivel mounts on the fore. I have Harris bipods on both. Get a lever lock for the Harris: the way the BA rides a bag makes it want to tip over pretty easy (it's heavy and has a tall profile).

The trigger thing doesn't ever happen to me, I've only ever seen it happen to my dad when I let him take it for a spin. I think you just need to think of the blade as an extra safety: depress it until you feel the trigger and then start your usual trigger ritual from there. I've been told the lockout is a safety feature should you be jostling the rifle around enough to move the blade (like when carrying it on a sling through the woods), though I would think you wouldn't have the real safety off in such a situation.

Sounds like a plan Im not a bag fan anyway i know Im ready to get in and get to shoot i should of waited to order lol