• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage 110 .308 owners?

gnappi

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2012
I was fortunate to find one a few weeks ago at a gun show and took it out yesterday for a spin... WOW.

The first loads that my M1A did not like (3-5 MOA) were in 3/4" at 100 yards.

Has anyone else here had such good luck to find and buy one?

Re: Savage 110 .308 owners?

I ended up building my own. I got a deal on a 30-06 111 package for about $300. Picked up an ER Shaw 308 20 inch barrel, Timney trigger and mounted a spare 10X falcon scope. I had some promising results just during a barrel break in process (load and shoot a bunch then go home and clean).

I have a B&C medalist at CDI getting inleted and a DBM added, as soon as I get it in my hands Ill run some test loads with 150 SMK’s and varget to find a load that works.

As soon as funds allow a 2.5-10 Vortex PST will be ordered for a permanent position atop this build.

Re: Savage 110 .308 owners?

Haven't seen one but as the above mentioned taking a 111 7mmRM and converting it to .308 or maybe 260. From what I have seen with the 7mmRM I love the action but working with a LA is a lot different than a SA when manipulating the bolt. At least in my opinion.