• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

savage 110ba finally done.

TOPGuN050

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
Butler PA
I think I am finally done customizing and changing things around... 110.jpg

specs are-
savage 110ba 300wm
apa fat bastard brake
timmney trigger
ken Farrell 20moa base
TPS rings
vortex viper PST 6-24x50ffp
atlas bt10
cerakote in magpul green and armor black.

for a factory rifle the thing shoots great. pushing 190gr smk's to 2890
I can normally get .75 5 shot groups with it at 100yds. every now and then I can get them down to half minute.

I agree, there is no substitute for practice. I spend a lot of time at the range on the weekends, just wish we had a good place close to here to stretch it out a bit.

Also I was going to ask how you like your APA brake? I have a friend with a 300 win mag and he is looking for a brake. How does it compare to the stock brake.

Also I was going to ask how you like your APA brake? I have a friend with a 300 win mag and he is looking for a brake. How does it compare to the stock brake.

the APA fat bastard is an amazing improvement over the stock brake. while the stock savage brake worked well the APA literally took the recoil down to the nonexistent range. I have no problem staying on target as close as 300yds. the muzzle blast is pretty crazy but if you can get past that its great. I wouldn't hesitate buying another APA for the next build...