• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Accu-trigger locked up

Gee LeDouche

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
So.. I went to the range today with a couple friends and we were shooting my Savage Mako 22lr and all of a sudden the danged trigger locked up on me and wont do anything. it wont let me release the bolt, drop the hammer, nothing! Is this a normal thing for savages to have this problem? how do I get it fixed? any suggestions? thanks guys!

Gee

Ps- This is the first savage I have ever owned and even though it is a tack driving gun, I'm getting a little sick of the "little things" that make it "cheap".

Re: Savage Accu-trigger locked up

Ive never had that problem occur to me before.

Did you engage the trigger properly or did you lock the sear and now its jammed somehow?

if you have the trigger set too light...you can lock it up via the accutrigger blade. you can also do this if you pull on the TRIGGER first, and neglect to pull the accutrigger blade as well. I believe this is a fail-safe that was designed in the gun.

usually, though, all you have to do is pull the bolt up and then back down, and it'll reset. if yours isn't, just pull the action/barrel from the stock and look at it...there's a hole for where the sear engages, and you can visibly see what's engaged/not engaged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you have the trigger set too light...you can lock it up via the accutrigger blade. you can also do this if you pull on the TRIGGER first, and neglect to pull the accutrigger blade as well. I believe this is a fail-safe that was designed in the gun.

usually, though, all you have to do is pull the bolt up and then back down, and it'll reset. if yours isn't, just pull the action/barrel from the stock and look at it...there's a hole for where the sear engages, and you can visibly see what's engaged/not engaged. </div></div>

+1

My model 10 PC in .223 would do that, I had the trigger down to 1.75 and it happened if I wasn't VERy gentle closing the action. I bumped it back up to 2.25 and unless I REALLY slamed the bolt home it was fine.

have seen worse but wont bash..
try taping with rubber mallet gently
that should get her open
good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys.. I took her out of the stock and made an adjustment on the accutrigger with the little tool and clicked the safety a couple times and it seems to be just fine now. appreciate your insight.
smile.gif