• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage extraction issue

pby5cat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
Agoura Hills, California
My friend has a Savage 110BA in 300 win mag. After fireing a round that poped the primer out, the bolt will not eject a round, fired or not. The ejecter does feel very soft comparied to my Large frame AR ejecter. Any thoughts?

i also have the 110ba in 300wm. while never having this issue with mine, i have heard alot about extraction issues with especially the 338LM. as said before call savage, they will get it taken care of. good luck.

I have random extraction issues in my 10 FCP-SR. One out of every 50 or so rounds will just lay on top of the mag after I cycle the bolt. If I re-chamber the fired brass, it usually extracts the second time around. I've tried cleaning the extractor/ejector, no luck so far. Going to call Savage. It's reliable most of the time, just a minor annoyance.

My .308 10FP started dropping the extracted round back in the action after a few hundred rounds. After researching the issue I found that Savage had redesigned the extractor due to that problem. I contacted Savage and ordered the new part. Old extractor had kind of a bronze color to it. The new one was black. I ended up ordering replacements for my 3 other Savages so they would not get jealous. Take a look at the extractor color...if bronze, order the new one. Simple to put in, but watch out for the detent ball (do it in a plastic bag) Have the serial number ready when calling Savage.
Like the OP, I did have one instance of a blown primer that caused the extractor to slip sideways and leave the case in the chamber. Simple matter of pulling the bolt and pushing the extractor back in position. Might want to check that the detent ball is still under the extractor.

Had the same issue with a old Savage hunting rifle with LOTS of rounds thru it. Quick order to Brownell's for spring, detent ball and extractor took care of that :)