• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Mark II trainer

Drew_1312

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2009
Rochester, Indiana
Hey guys,

Just got my stock in yesterday from Chris Wallis (cwa11is) and put it together. Absolutely love it, he did a great job! I asked him to make me one similar to the A-5 and he nailed it! Haven't got it painted yet, but I had to put it together as soon as it came in so I could go shoot it. Feels really nice, and I can't really tell the difference from my A-5. Very strong and sturdy as well. Here are some quick pictures I took this afternoon. Sorry, but they're not the greatest. I'll get some better ones up this weekend, after it gets some Krylon.

ANDY

2009_1110Image0006.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

...guess I should have taken the stock pad off so you can see the stock better...oh, well, you get the idea!

Re: Savage Mark II trainer

Well done! That rocks.... What did he make the stock out of? Dose he have a web page?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well done! That rocks.... What did he make the stock out of? Dose he have a web page? </div></div>

Il second that, Ill buy a MKII if I could get a nice stock for it. although the laminate stocks from sharps look interesting

Sorry guys, just got off work and didn't have a chance to respond.

The stock he made me is a 3-ply laminate red oak. His website is www.wallisforge.com. Cost was $185 plus $15 shipping. It took just under three weeks to get it from him.

Chris did a great job on it, and good communication from him as well. I looked at the Sharp Shooter Supply stocks and the ones from Richards Micro Fit. They were nice but not exactly what I wanted. When I called Richards to ask them what stock was closest to the A-5, the guy I spoke with told me he didn't know what an A-5 was!! WOW!

Sent Chris a few PM's and had all the confidence that he new what I wanted. Plus I didn't want to wait six to ten weeks for a stock from the other companies. Guess I'm impatient like that though. I'll get more pics up after it gets painted.

Thanks...ANDY

Did you have to send him the action or did he have a pattern?I guess he can do any Savage...what about other actions?Or was this a one-off custom?
Sure looks real nice!

He already had the specs for the Savage Mark II to do the inletting. All I had to do when I got it from him was take the plastic "tupperware" stock off and drop the action and barrel into the new one. I think he does 10/22's as well.

check out the thread toward the bottom of the first page for rimfire section. Thread is titled "Savage MkII stock" by Warpspeed I think. That is Chris' work.