• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Scam Call: Free Cruise to Bahamas

Target In Sight

Where my shots go?!?!?!
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Cali
Just got a scam call that I win a free Caribbean cruise for two. Had my fun with the operator and she had to hang up on me =)

The call started with 3 questions about our current political stands, and at the end, an operator starts to read a script about how great the cruise is, and wants to collect a $59/person ($118 for two) Boarding tax fee by credit card.

Asked her whole bunch of weird questions that she almost chocked on her own answers, put her on hold twice, then at the end, I asked her since it is the international boarding fee, which agency's name should I put on my check to send to her, she hung up on me. hahahahahah its fun while it last =D

Re: Scam Call: Free Cruise to Bahamas

I always get some pilot calling me
smile.gif
, I also screw with the " your warranty is about to expire"

I had that call a few weeks ago, and I had my fun as well...

i always f with those people
made a few cry
had a few of their boss call back
telling me i was not nice
sometimes its so funny its hard for me to keep from laughing

One of the guys I know has handed the phone to his 4 year old and told him to tell the nice person on the phone about school that day. They usually hang up in 30 seconds flat.

Details, details! I need ammo for them.
grin.gif

I rarely get them on the phone, but when I get the emails notifying me Ive won a Nigerian lottery or some such crap I send them the

www .glassass. com

link.

I put a space in there so you wont just click on it. You dont want to do that (its a vidieo of a guy shoveing a pint glass jar up his ass and then it breaks...really bloody), just close the space and send it. Never had one reply, but after one that went to some Russian scam they tried to hack my acct. and I had to go through a bunch of shit to get it straightened out.

I got those warranty calls all the time, then I started having fun with them... Talked like a stoned out hippie trying to insure a VW van from 1967, talked like I was Amish, and we didn't have a car (this was really a good one) who was trying to get a wagon covered. They asked wait, how do Amish people have phones, I said my dad doesn't know, I'm a Jack Amishite.

So much fun screwing with those people. I've used an India accent asking if I can get a rickshaw covered.

I keep getting spam texts now, which is rather annoying... on the bright side I have won free 4 iPad 2s, and 3 $1000 Wal-mart giftcards!

Wow! I'd love to be in that cruise if it wasn't such a scam! I got a call like that last month from 469-250-0280 and since I was on speaker, my daughter heard the offer and almost cried when I refused. When I hung up, I decided to let her to get the phone number and look it up at this consumer protection site called Callercenter. And there it was! 2 people reported a scam associated with the phone number. You guys can look up the phone number yourselves.

Be skeptical about incoming calls, especially when you get an offer that's too good to be true.

It's always boggled my mind that people actually fall for those "You've won something that you never signed up for" calls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
www .glassass. com </div></div>

links not working
frown.gif

sounds like 2 girls 1 cup video (not sure if that is still out there)

Got a call saying they needed to confirm my order for penis enlargement. Told the gal she had never been bent over my table or she would have known not to call. She hung up. ED K

A buddy, had these guys wanting to do a steam vac demonstration, they kept at it kept at it. So he finally agreed for them to come do the demonstration, they were coming from about an hour drive away. He told them to come to the blue house on the north side of massilon road @ noon on a saturday..... There's no blue house on that road. Needless to say they never called again.

Just got the cruise call a week ago. I handed my phone to the kids that detail cars at work and said have fun. Grabbed my phone later they called 13 times for a total time of over 2.5 hours.