• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope and Mount for 2k or less?

fastarget

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
Western CO
Have an SSG on the way, and am starting to consider a scope and mount. After reading and reading, I would like a 20moa mount, and the best glass for my budget. I have looked at and in the Vx6, NF 5x22, and vortex , but wide open to suggestions since where we live, the selection in stores is limited.

I am in learning mode, and plan on using the rifle for fun and relaxation. We have dynamite shoots and some long range competition up to 1000 yds, but the learning curve is steep.

Which SSG and does it already have a rail and you're looking for a canted one piece mount, or do you need a rail and rings?

Look for a Vortex Razor 5-20x, used/demo preferably or sometimes Mile High has some sweet scope/Spuhr packages for $2k. Call them up.

current production ssg 300 24", with the 1913 rail, so I plan for a one piece canted mount.....

I like the vortex quality, we picked up a razor spotting scope and it is excellent, so I will look at the vortex for sure.

I will get educated on steiner.

Last edited:
how about NF 8x32 found moar zerostop or npr1 zerostop, after samnev made me curious, they will fit the budget by the time a add a mount....any reason not to look closer?

Thank you for all the replies, much appreciated. I will probably wait a day or two to finish reading and looking. Mountain of info out there, it takes time, but it is fun.

Nice finds, wow, will check them out, if not for this, I have a hunting rifle needing a scope....nice. thank you.