• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

scope covers

hoghunter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2010
Texas
Just picked up my nightforce scope 3.5x22x50 and was looking for some advise or suggestions on some dust covers for it,,,any #'s would be great.

Re: scope covers

A word of warning about that link. I bought the caps advised for my NF 3.5-15X50 and the #43 objective cover does not fit my scope, no way, no how. It is too small. The #18 eye fits well but its orientation changes every time you adjust the power of the scope. I guess the bikini cover will have to do, for now.

Gavin, I can't verify the NF 50mm Obj size, but can verify the 56 is correct. The fact that eyepiece changes power will always change the orientation of any cap on a NF. IMO, its best to orient the cap with the ranging power as that is the power I find myself using the most.

That being said, take a look at your cap. Lots of times guys trial fit these in the store only to put the cap in a package marked for a different size. Found this out the hard way when I took a NF 56mm scope in to buy caps. I had two NF 56mm scopes I needed caps for so I took one in to fit them. Found the ones that fitted bought two of each, came home, and one didn't fit my other scope. Found it it was not the right cap for the package.

Take a look at your BC Flip up. It is marked what size it is on the inside of the flip up. The guide may very well be messed up, I don't know. But off the top of my head, I don't remember anyone else saying this happened to them.

Scope Shield is another option I like. That's a neoprene cover with a strap sewn in so it can be popped off quickly but (most of the time) stays on the rifle. I really was glad I had it the other day when I finally caught up to some elk in a raging snowstorm. It kept my optics ready to go.

Scopecoat. Just picked up another one yesterday for the NF. Lots of padding. Keeps my scope from getting scratched when moving stuff around in the safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gavin, I can't verify the NF 50mm Obj size, but can verify the 56 is correct. The fact that eyepiece changes power will always change the orientation of any cap on a NF. IMO, its best to orient the cap with the ranging power as that is the power I find myself using the most.

That being said, take a look at your cap. Lots of times guys trial fit these in the store only to put the cap in a package marked for a different size. Found this out the hard way when I took a NF 56mm scope in to buy caps. I had two NF 56mm scopes I needed caps for so I took one in to fit them. Found the ones that fitted bought two of each, came home, and one didn't fit my other scope. Found it it was not the right cap for the package.

Take a look at your BC Flip up. It is marked what size it is on the inside of the flip up. The guide may very well be messed up, I don't know. But off the top of my head, I don't remember anyone else saying this happened to them. </div></div>

The cap is marked 39 40 43 where you indicated. Not sure what that means. Maybe there is a range of fitment and this is the lower end for scopes with a 50mm objective. It's not worth sending it back to Midway USA so I'll just keep an eye out for the next larger size locally. Thanks for the tip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope Shield is another option I like. That's a neoprene cover with a strap sewn in so it can be popped off quickly but (most of the time) stays on the rifle. I really was glad I had it the other day when I finally caught up to some elk in a raging snowstorm. It kept my optics ready to go. </div></div>

I just use rubber bands and pull the front and rear off the objective and eye piece. They stay with the scope and are easy to slip back on.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonely_Wolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone actually use or like the bikini covers that come with NF scopes? </div></div>Nope, they're a pain in the butt in my opinion.

Covers On

P1020761.jpg

Covers Off

P1020762.jpg

Blue rubbers are optional
grin.gif

Pat