• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope for a 7mm WSSM build

LAKsupply

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Wyo
I'm putting together a 7mm WSSM AR15, and I'm looking for optics recommendations. The idea with this build is to have a hunting and LR gun in one.

I have a MK4 8.5-25x50 LR/T that I'm going to sell in favor of something a little more game friendly, but I still want something that works at 800-1000 yards. I want to keep it under a grand, and have been looking at the Zeiss Conquest, Burris XTR, Bushnell Elite 6500, and Nikon Monarch X. Everything I'm considering is under 20x so I keep a decent FOV when I have to shoot game at close distances.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Monarch X 4-16x50. It appears to have a 30mm tube with 50MOA travel, which should be adequate for what I need while still providing an acceptable FOV. Does anybody know anything about it? I would like some feedback if possible. The other option is to go with another MK4 LRT in the 4.5-14x50 variety.

Re: Scope for a 7mm WSSM build

Check out the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42mm. The low end will be perfect for hunting and the high end is enough to get you to 1K. And I think it has more travel than the Monarch X. I think it would make a good dual purpose scope.

I had a bolt gun built for hunting in the mountains in 7mmWSM. I opted for a Nikon Monarch 4x16 42 and really like it. I like it better than my VX III

I have been looking at the Elite 6500... from what I can tell it's suitable. Does anybody have experience with this unit? I know they're fairly new, and I've never put my hands on one. I do have an Elite 4200 on one of my bolt guns that is very clear and seems to be good quality. I also have a Monarch on one of my AR's, but I've never used a Monarch X. The wide range of adjustment on the 6500 is appealing for this use though...

I have been looking at the Elite 6500... from what I can tell it's suitable. Does anybody have experience with this unit? I know they're fairly new, and I've never put my hands on one. I do have an Elite 4200 on one of my bolt guns that is very clear and seems to be good quality. I also have a Monarch on one of my AR's, but I've never used a Monarch X. The wide range of adjustment on the 6500 is appealing for this use though...