• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Searching for Swedish bayonet

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
I have a Carl Gustaf 1902 8mm mauser...

1902Mauser1.jpg

I am trying to find the bayonet that goes to this rifle. So far all I can find on the internet in the M1896 and M1914 bayonets. Will any of these fit this rifle? Can anyone tell me what model will?

Re: Searching for Swedish bayonet

Are you sure that's an 8mm? I wasn't aware that CG made any 8mm rifles in 1902 (but I could be wrong). To me, it looks like a M96/38 with a M98 style front band and lug. If it was done to the same spec, any Gew98/K98/vz.24 bayonet should fit.

Yup. It's an 8mm. Looking at the pic, do you think any of those bayonets will still fit?

Looking at the picture the vz.24 bayonet looks like it will fit.

Well, I know a K98 bayonet (German style with no ring) will fit. As for the Vz. type, you would have to measure the distance from the rear of the lug, to the front end of the front sight base. Let me know what that is. A quick check on my Vz.24 measures about 125mm and the K98s are the same.

John