• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Got my Havak in .300 WM on 10/23, ordered 6/15. It had a loose barrel that I discovered when I was removing the thread protector! The barrel was not as tight as the thread protector, so I’m not to happy to put it lightly. I called Seekins Precision and the rep tried to make it as palatable as possible by sending my gunsmith the action wrench to fix the loose barrel problem, but I’m not exactly over it, and yes they would’ve fixed it but I told them it’s my choice to send it back and not have the rifle for hunting this season or have it fixed on my dime and hunt, so I chose the latter and kept the rifle had it Cerakoted Burnt Bronze and put on a Athlon Cronus in Brown with ARC mounts and turned out great, BUT IF Seekins had shot the rifle, and had better QC there would be no such issue’s involving a potential catastrophic failure over not properly doing QC on the rifle, and had I not been just checking over the gun and slapped a scope on the rifle and fired it they would be a MUCH worse situation they would be dealing with. I have 3 other Seekins Precision rifles (AR’s) and love them and two are sub MOA the other is a pistol in .300 Blk, but the Havak is my last one and I’m not sure if I’ll keep it after the season is over or not yet BUT when I do buy another rifle it will be a test fired rifle, and had they just sent a new rifle out I’d be fine it’s just ruined my confidence in their QC and customer service period and had it been in june instead of October I would’ve sent it back and got a refund, but having sold my other bolt gun not many options were available in a week’s time...Turned out ok though after all that
8CB10E40-B44E-47BA-82E8-CCF25CBF29E3.jpeg

Got my Havak in .300 WM on 10/23, ordered 6/15. It had a loose barrel that I discovered when I was removing the thread protector! The barrel was not as tight as the thread protector, so I’m not to happy to put it lightly. I called Seekins Precision and the rep tried to make it as palatable as possible by sending my gunsmith the action wrench to fix the loose barrel problem, but I’m not exactly over it, and yes they would’ve fixed it but I told them it’s my choice to send it back and not have the rifle for hunting this season or have it fixed on my dime and hunt, so I chose the latter and kept the rifle had it Cerakoted Burnt Bronze and put on a Athlon Cronus in Brown with ARC mounts and turned out great, BUT IF Seekins had shot the rifle, and had better QC there would be no such issue’s involving a potential catastrophic failure over not properly doing QC on the rifle, and had I not been just checking over the gun and slapped a scope on the rifle and fired it they would be a MUCH worse situation they would be dealing with. I have 3 other Seekins Precision rifles (AR’s) and love them and two are sub MOA the other is a pistol in .300 Blk, but the Havak is my last one and I’m not sure if I’ll keep it after the season is over or not yet BUT when I do buy another rifle it will be a test fired rifle, and had they just sent a new rifle out I’d be fine it’s just ruined my confidence in their QC and customer service period and had it been in june instead of October I would’ve sent it back and got a refund, but having sold my other bolt gun not many options were available in a week’s time...Turned out ok though after all that
View attachment 6969794
Thank god you noticed. ?

Reactions: Alarka
The win mag Havaks I’ve seen reports on are now 0 for 4 on meeting expectations.

Mine is getting sent to a gunsmith to get rebarreled.

The win mag Havaks I’ve seen reports on are now 0 for 4 on meeting expectations.

Good to know, care to go into further detail?

Good to know, care to go into further detail?

The 4 cases can be found within the last 3 pages of this thread.

Honestly, i thought they just stopped responding to my emails and it wasn't worth it to me to drag it on. This response prompted me to check my junk email before accusing them of ghosting me and what do ya know, email responses from Seekins. I feel like a jackass.

Still leaning towards the rebarrel but I can respond to their emails at least now.

Been looking into these and I have several q’s on them.

So is the havak action a short, medium, long? What barrel threads are in the action, seekins own threading or rem 700 ect.? What COAL can you run through the havak chambered in 6.5prc? Can you load long with this action?

Reactions: Fukochan
I have been following this while I was waiting for my rifle in 300 win mag. Ordered it in March and I picked it up yesterday. I went to sight it in- Loaded it with some PPU ammo just to get it on paper- pulled the trigger and all I got was a click. 3 out of 4 of the rounds didn't fire. So I tried the ammo I was going to sight it in with, some ABM (berger) and 2 out of 4 didn't work. It looks like a pretty weak strike on the primers.
I was disappointed that it made it out of GC with the problem.... but I'm sure Seekins will fix it or give me the parts.

But what bothers me the most (and maybe it's not a big deal) is the chamber. On my headspace gauge my brass grew .013, and using the Redding competition shell holder kit I could use the +.010 holder and get the .002 shoulder bump. I then tried fired brass from 2 other 300wm's and they both chambered with no problem. They were just off the shelf rifles- Was I wrong to expect the Havak to have a small chamber?

My rifle had a light strike on some Hornady SuperFormance on a big doe this evening, but first time with that issue so I’m gonna clean and re-oil and try again Tomorrow if it don’t go bang it’s back to the gunsmith, and he told me that it was about .004 on the tight side so at least they’re consistent on same issues and I can see a re-barrel in my future and really disappointed in Seekins.

Some of the fellas from seekins gave me a call today. I’m going to send my rifle in for now for them to give it a once over and accuracy test. They said they typically accuracy test with fed gmm 190s. If it can shoot them well that is fine but I didn’t buy a heavyish win mag hunting rifle to be outdone by the ballistics of my 6.5x47. So I will send Berger 215 factory ammo with it.

This was to be an elk rifle, that tag is punched and I won’t be hunting elk with a rifle next year so I’ve got plenty of time now.

My rifle had a light strike on some Hornady SuperFormance on a big doe this evening, but first time with that issue so I’m gonna clean and re-oil and try again Tomorrow if it don’t go bang it’s back to the gunsmith, and he told me that it was about .004 on the tight side so at least they’re consistent on same issues and I can see a re-barrel in my future and really disappointed in Seekins.

I have had two light strikes with my Remy 260 on the Hornady SuperFormance. One was on a Muley hunt and my first shot was a dud the second was a kill shot. Secondly, two weeks ago I was out at Tiger Valley in Waco and while at 800 yds the same damn thing. I need to reach out to Buds and/or Hornady. I bought half a case.

I picked up my Havak Pro HP1 last night. Adjusted the trigger down to 2#, now I’m waiting for my rings and suppressor mount, and bipod. All of that should be here today but I live in BFE so estimated delivery times aren’t reliable.

I bought some 140gr ELD Match and 143gr ELD-X. I’m hoping I have time to get it dialed in today so I can deer hunt with it this week in Oklahoma.

First impressions of the Havak are positive but to be perfectly honest, this is my first bolt gun since a Browning A-Bolt 30.06 about 20 years ago. The A-Bolt feels smoother than the Havak but it’s had just a few more rounds through it. Hoping the Havak will smooth out as time goes on.

Maybe I’ll be able to report back after this afternoon.
FB0EC5F5-0D6E-4F48-930A-92FCA5EC0D3B.jpeg

Last edited:
I put 26 rounds of the 140gr ELD Match and 20 rounds of 143gr ELD X through my Havak Pro HP1. Every round fired. I zeroed at 100 and then walked it out from 300 to 1000. It worked fine and I was able to hit 20” steel all the way. I’ll be whitetail deer hunting this next week with the 143gr ELD X so maybe I can report back with a kill.

I didn’t shoot for groups at 100 or anything. Maybe I’ll do that next time.

6B8AD5B1-85AD-4BFD-AC79-761B6C776D7B.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up my Havak Pro HP1 last night. Adjusted the trigger down to 2#, now I’m waiting for my rings and suppressor mount, and bipod. All of that should be here today but I live in BFE so estimated delivery times aren’t reliable.

I bought some 140gr ELD Match and 143gr ELD-X. I’m hoping I have time to get it dialed in today so I can deer hunt with it this week in Oklahoma.

First impressions of the Havak are positive but to be perfectly honest, this is my first bolt gun since a Browning A-Bolt 30.06 about 20 years ago. The A-Bolt feels smoother than the Havak but it’s had just a few more rounds through it. Hoping the Havak will smooth out as time goes on.

Maybe I’ll be able to report back after this afternoon.View attachment 6971568
My action was a little rough/dry when i first got it. I put some Wilson Combat universal lube on and worked it a few times and it was smooth as glass. Nice set up! good luck with it!

460 yards, Hornady 140gr ELD Match ammo.
Havak Pro HP1 6.5 Creedmoor.

I think this is going to work just fine lol
931F8B9B-4E27-4164-844F-5E5C6C969FE5.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd
I have a Havak in 6.5 prc due to be shipped late next month. I am cutting back on everything and plan on calling them and asking them to cancel my order or selling it. Do you gents think I can get $1750-$1800.00 out of it shipped on SH?

Appreciate your input.

I have a Havak in 6.5 prc due to be shipped late next month. I am cutting back on everything and plan on calling them and asking them to cancel my order or selling it. Do you gents think I can get $1750-$1800.00 out of it shipped on SH?

Appreciate your input.

Should be able to get close to that. Shoot me a PM when you get it.

Appreciate your input.

Yes I’ll be in the market for one after the 15th of next month.

Scope base? Do these come with the scope base or is that something needed separate? I have a 300wm coming but not sure

Scope base? Do these come with the scope base or is that something needed separate? I have a 300wm coming but not sure

I also mean to ask if someone knows the right ring height for a 56mm scope... I’m thinking ARC rings

I went with the Seekins 34mm 1” height rings. Works well for my 56mm 50mm optic.

Sorry I thought mine was 56mm. It's 50mm!

I also mean to ask if someone knows the right ring height for a 56mm scope... I’m thinking ARC rings

Last edited:
So the PH1 6.5 Creed finally got delivered today. Pretty stoked about the new rifle with a few items to still order to get to range qual status. Sitting on the scales seemed a hair under 7lbs as shipped, with the ATC brake it looked like it was at 7.25lbs. Could just be the scale and placement on the scale but at 7lbs +/- it's going to be nice to tote. Going to get some other Magpuls for it to include a new sling. I was considering a KRG Bravo but thing the OE stock will work out for now. KRG might go towards my R700 tactical.

Thoughts overall:
> Wish the QD style sling inserts would allow a full 360* rotation of the sling QD when installed. Maybe it's just the type QD insert used on the stock??
>Stock seems to be a nice fit for me to include the palm grip. Even in my gorilla hands that palm grip is a tad big.
>Wish the stock was a tad more "tacky" for grip. Think of a Houge style stock with that rubberized outer. Might try to add on some sort of overcoat or other application for better gripping.

Attachments

• IMG_20181127_141341890.jpg
    IMG_20181127_141341890.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 51
Does anyone know where I can find one of these Havaks ph1 in .300 win mag? Hunting season will be over by the time I get it if ordering from seekins.

I just got mine(6.5 creed) new from a member on here. Its my first real gun so i have limited knowledge but i can confirm that the action is very smooth after cylcing and oiling. It is somewhat tough to open and close it to cock though but silky smooth in and out. Ordered a used krg xray chassis on here and will let yall know what it will take to put it in.
0FE50899-4170-4BDE-BF03-7D9D0E40C1DB.jpeg

Last edited:
After having such success with my 6.5CM HP1, I WILL be in the market for a PH1 in 2019. I'm thinking in the 6CM this time. I like seeing everyone's pictures and results. Please keep this thread going with information as you guys shoot your new rifles.

Reactions: JimLee
Gungho,

What 10 round magazine is that on your toy? I assume that’s not the OEM mag?

Wow, the 5 round sits that far below the stock? I assume it must be totally single stack. I gather the oem magazine is closer to flush, correct??

Only certain caliber configurations like the 28 nosler come with the carbon fiber mag :’(

FNG here. I've been a 3 gun shooter for years and since moving to the Texas panhandle, the 3 gun matches are few and far between and the longer range opportunities are more abundant. I've shot at Raton and Woodward and my measly 5.56 just isn't enough for me anymore.

I've been researching hard and have settled on the Havak Pro HP1. It has most of the features I want, with the Seekins reputation, R700 footprint so a boatload of accessories (even if some slight modification is required). This will mostly be a match style gun and I think it will work fine for as much as I currently shoot. I reload but like having the ability to get factory ammo. I was looking for 6CM and emailed Seekins asking if the HP1 would be offered in 6CM and they said basically subscribe to the email newsletter and watch for new stuff at SHOT. So I am thinking about just going 6.5CM and later getting a 6CM barrel from Seekins (when they ever offer them) or one of the other places that will make barrels for it.

I already have an optic mil/mil FFP 34mm tube and 56mm objective, what Seekins rings would I need for the Havak Pro HP1? Low, Medium, High?

I would also be interested in knowing more about the ability to swap bolt knobs as I've seen it talked about before in this thread but not really in any detail.

I have some funds and I am ready to "pull the trigger" on this rifle. I'm hoping to have it in time for the Sporting Rifle matches in Raton next year.
I mocked up my S&B 34mm 56 obj. And it was on 1" nightforce rings and fit perfectly on my havak