• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

No longer have the bike, or the Camaro. Specs on the bike - '76 KZ900, Weisco 1015 piston kit, Mikuni 36mm carbs, rewired entire electrical system, Vance & Hines 4 into 1 (no baffles). Cut and match contoured fenders, Corbin "Gunfighter" seat. Tore entire bike down to pieces, cleaned, painted everything. Rebuilt roller bearing (not sealed bearing) triple clamp and front forks, new rear shocks... lots 'o stuff.

When I was a kid and Mad Max came out with all the old Kawasaki bikes in the movie, I was hooked!! Sounded pretty darn good. When it cranked (just had to touch ign switch, and it would light up), you could almost imagine women and children running in fear (just kidding, sounded cool though).

Sj3Lacn.jpg

RuemggM.jpg

qF3Zg9E.jpg

20201008_083217.jpg
The new race garages at Silverstone are quite photogenic. Took the old girl for a spin in the wet.

250s. I do actually kind of know what I'm talking about.
Haha. I knew it was a typo. And I’m guessing you mean the SX. Very nice bikes. My buddy just put an SX head on his 250 XC-W and it really wakes that bike up.

'89 custom softail with further customization details by me...drove it home new...in the snow. So excited, I never felt the cold. LOL

All added chrome is the actual HD parts with Brown's show chrome. Not a fake cover on it.

DSCN0136.JPG

DSCN0143.JPG

My 2300cc beast. Love this bike.
2011 Triumph Rocket III Roadster ABS
848CA4B0-9F55-42BF-AEF8-569EDFF0053E.jpeg

Installing forward controls this spring.

Reactions: koobs84
My recently acquired 2017 BMW R1200GS Rallye edition. I previously had a 2005 R1200RT that I put 140,000 miles on, but got tired of getting stuck in local traffic with no means to take the roads less improved to get around the messes.
BMW GS Rallye.JPG

The guy I grew up riding with has the Husky 300 and says it’s the best bike he’s ever owned. There’s something about those 300s
I'm leaning towards the XC-F but trying to find a used one is next to impossible.

I found a 350 yesterday but it was beat up pretty good.

Used dirt bike prices are nuts right now. Costs less usually to buy a new one than to buy a used one and get it caught up on maintenance.
Love my Husky 300. The 350 is also an awesome bike. I prefer the TX and XC models for the improved suspension.

Mine is a 2010 Roadster. Love that bike.

Will get some pics once I can get it out of the barn (4-5 feet of snow something of an impediment)
Great bikes. Definitely not built for long road trips, but 0-60 in 3.3 always brings a smile.

Great bikes. Definitely not built for long road trips, but 0-60 in 3.3 always brings a smile.
Had no issues riding mine for a few hours at a time. Intend to fit cruise control and a few other bits (once I get round to it). Been planning a long run down through Europe for a couple of years but "certain circumstances" have been getting in the way.

I'm leaning towards the XC-F but trying to find a used one is next to impossible.

I found a 350 yesterday but it was beat up pretty good.
Be very careful with used bikes. 90% of them are beat to hell by people that don’t know how to take care of them. If you do buy used look for one from a top 5 C XC racer or better. Yes it was raced but it was maintained and built to finish 3 hour long races. They are maintained properly. The racers know the bikes inside and out and have a ton of advice to give. Good luck

Nice video! Races are 60% rider, 20% suspension and 20% bike. If you get the first 2 right the 3rd will take care of itself. Good work on your podium finish.

Last edited:
Found a 2016 today with 198 hours on it! Hard pass.
Hours don’t matter to me. If the frame is good and the bearings are tight and the seller keeps a maintenance log or I know who it was maintained by I’ll buy it.

For example: How old and how many hours do you think are on this machine?
A50B1431-61D4-4ACC-AEF3-18077C8F4313.jpeg

Reactions: jff_stvns
Ran my enduro bike in some MX races. They laughed, but I beat a bunch of them...haha
That looks like a lot of fun. My brother and my boy have raced a few times at BCMX in the pit bike class.

I've got a 110 too, but I ripped the foot pegs out of the case, so it's out of commission for a it.

Hours don’t matter to me. If the frame is good and the bearings are tight and the seller keeps a maintenance log or I know who it was maintained by I’ll buy it.

For example: How old and how many hours do you think are on this machine?View attachment 7549027
The bike was at a dealer so God knows what was done to it. Had it been a private party, that's a different story.

I'm guessing theres quite a few on the wheeler.

Reactions: Jaron3
The bike was at a dealer so God knows what was done to it. Had it been a private party, that's a different story.

I'm guessing theres quite a few on the wheeler.
I bought it new in 2004. It’s a 2005 model. It has more than 1000 hours on the motor, frame, subframe, plastics and steering stem. New valves, springs and seats at 1000 hours along with a new top end. Without digging into my log I can’t remember how many times the top end has been changed or the valves adjusted. Every time the top end was off I inspected the crank bearings for wear along with the timing chain, cams, cam journals, etc. etc. There really is something to be said about running the right oil, changing it often and keeping the air filter clean. When the time comes to sell it it won’t be because it’s worn out. It’ll be because I want something different. I’m kind of at that point now. I’ll never buy a new machine and build it again. It’s too expensive. I’ll buy a year old pro racer’s quad already built for half the cost I have in my quad. And I get what you say about dealerships. There’s only one that I trust. They get all my business.

I’ll play this game,

The black one is a 09 street bob I “rocket bob”-Ed up. My first Harley.
The blue one is a stroked shovel head, weighs 430lbs and has 95hp with a 4sp and no front brake, I finally went to a hand clutch out of convenience when I lived closer to down town Dallas, but I’m thinking about switching back since I live rurally now. The red one was my wife’s 30th birthday gift. (I’m a good husband, sometimes)

I got a new phone had to get pictures from my Instagram.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• C9C2931F-C68D-4043-97CD-A06447819F8E.png
    C9C2931F-C68D-4043-97CD-A06447819F8E.png
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • E404BD79-9851-49C6-B7E2-52B9C500FA5B.png
    E404BD79-9851-49C6-B7E2-52B9C500FA5B.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • 8D97D076-434D-424C-9303-5FFC5CA85343.png
    8D97D076-434D-424C-9303-5FFC5CA85343.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
Just wanted to post up pics of my two rides, top is a 68 FLH and bottom is a 88 softail, lots of miles on these, ride the 68 most.

Attachments

• Scan_20210208 (2).pdf
    4 MB · Views: 84
Reactions: Loud Lyle
Took my Goldwing from Indiana to California and back in 2019. Great ride. Helluva bike.

Attachments

• 2thumbnail.jpg
    2thumbnail.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 3thumbnail.jpg
    3thumbnail.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 5thumbnail.jpg
    5thumbnail.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 91
  • thumbnail1.jpg
    thumbnail1.jpg