• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

I am going through withdraws i haven't sent round down range in about ??? shit i can't remember. I will be there..

Looks like the cabinet guys (I was mistaken about who was re-veneering the doors in question) are going to have them back for me at 7:00 am Sunday. If this is the case, I should have them reinstalled, the temp doors removed from the floor and cleaned up by 9:00 and at the range by 10:00. If I speed!
laugh.gif

Looking forward to being there.

ETA-It took longer than I expected to complete this morning's work. Hope you lads had a steel smashing time!

Sorry you guys couldnt make it. DirtDart and I really missed you guys... LOL.

We caught this snowman trying to get from one side of the range to the other around 600+. Hes not looking to good.
smile.gif

Steel.jpg

A friend and I went yesterday and had a great time. Found out I need a lot of more time at the bench..... I should be returning ther on the 12th of nov.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry you guys couldnt make it. DirtDart and I really missed you guys... LOL.

We caught this snowman trying to get from one side of the range to the other around 600+. Hes not looking to good.
smile.gif

Steel.jpg
</div></div>

Snowmen drove my family out of Massapequa...

I hate them with an all consuming passion
mad.gif

I am out for this weekend. Still doing a remodeling job that is killing me. Haven't even shot a single shot in months. Hope I don't forget how to shoot.
Have fun..

Well I'm out now too...

Seems the Tenant Interior segment of the construction industry is recovering.

On the plus side, it's nice to have a more certain revenue stream going into the holidays as well as to pay for replacement computers when shitbag viruses completely bollox my machine...

Not bitter though.

Hey Jeff , That always a good excuse to tell the wife on why we need that new updated computer.

I run a complete clone copy on an external hardrive that is only connected to the computor and wall socket when updating. That way even lightning strike would not damage it.

Tony,

I have no plans in the next couple weeks beyond work, work, work, family gathering for thanksgiving and then work...

On the other hand, the receivables are outpacing the payables for the first time in the last 18-24 months so I am not complaining!

Any plans for Sunday 11/27?

Hey Jeff,
Thats good for you. We are still a little slow but continue to be busy.
I will check on the 27th . Thats a Saturday . 28th???

I might be helping a friend move. 4 kids lots of crap. Still remodeling but super close to being done.
I'm like you . if there is work I doing it.

Looks like the 28th could be a go for me as well. Especially now that the wifes rifle is up and running. She will be attending and smashing some steel and clays with us.

Ren,

It's looking like a go for me as well. I may be bringing my oldest girl with me as well.

Looks like I won't be working on Saturday or Sunday so I am eager to make the drive and join you both if you can stand me!

Tony, any improvement on the odds of you showing up? Jason, Josh, James, what about you guys?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Floridian Shooters!

Too bad some of you folks couldn't make it today. It was spectacular weather with just a mild 10 mph easterly wind for the first few hours tapering down to a breeze as the morning wore on.

Ren,

Nice meeting your lovely wife and once again, thanks for letting me shoot your rifle!

Hey QQ.. good seeing you again too bro! Had a good time smashing some clays! To bad I couldnt hit crap after 465. I put some paper up at 300 and my 155's and 168's held around 1.5 inches. Then I tried the 175's and they were around 2 inches or a little more. Im thinking my 175's were the problem at 500m..... or it could be the driver..
smile.gif

Im thinking I need to start going more to keep my skills up. I think this years resolution is to try and make it to Manatee at least once a month. Who's with me?

Well, I renewed my membership Sunday and have to say it grates on me when I don't get there at least that often!

Kind of like the hundreds of empty, though fully prepped, cases sitting on, below, beside or above my bench, waiting to be charged for their next trip into the chamber!

Yea , but it takes money to fill those empty cases with powder and bullets. unfortunatly we have to work for it.
I will check my calander and set a date in the next week or so.
Hey Ren, did you look at the training at Southern. lets get a group together and go.

Firearms training at Southern Exposure.

http://www.southernexposuretraining.com/schedule.php

Check it out. Great place and instructors.
Close by.

I also have a more complete schedule. If interested send me your e-mail by PM and I will send it.

Tony,

How much is that urban rifle class on Feb 21-22? Could be fun.

Jeff,
Sorry I didn't make it out this last time. Didn't even see that it was happening until just now. In any case I messed up my back pretty good last week reorganizing and downsizing my storage unit. Doc says I need to use this cane for a few more weeks, so going prone on the line is right out.

Feb 21 & 22 Urban Precision Rifle This class is designed for those
> student who want to learn how to shoot very accurately, sub MOA. The
> distance will be urban sniper distance shooting out to 200 plus yards.
> Prerequisites apply. You will need an accurate rifle and ammo to achieve
> the results you desire. Two days $375.00

Randy Cain is a great instructor.

OK Guys, lets get a date together. Start loading .

I know December is busy for everyone. 11th ?? 18th??

I will be ready to do lots of shooting in January.

Josh?? Jeff?? Ren??

11th is out for me... hows about the 19th on Sunday?

TDR - As far as the classes go... Im waiting on you to stop building houses so we can go!
smile.gif

Im looking at the carbine 1 class... but that date is pretty close.

19th sounds good for me as I am booked on the 11th & 12th. Move in date and no more major work on the house.

What date and carbine class??

Jan 10 – 12 Tactical Carbine

What days do the three and a half weeks of Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanza fall on this year?

Seriously, the 19th would be peachy!

I'm ready
Hope its going to cold and no wind.
Ren are you going to bring my rounds??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtDart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm ready
Hope its going to cold and no wind.
Ren are you going to bring my rounds??
</div></div>

Yeps... just dont have anything for myself!

I'm in for the 19th!

Ren, I'd load some up for you but that new rifle of yours would probably scoff at their plebian pedigree!

laugh.gif

Ren
I really appreciate your help. Now get to work and make some for your self.
Me and the steel are ready. Hope the weather will cooperate
See you guys then

Just got back from Desoto range 0600 33 degrees / frost / and to my suprise no one was there. practicing for Manatee on Sunday.
Everyone ready??

I have a few obsticals that came up this week. One of which Im installing a new phone system at work which could keep me busy all weekend if the install does not go smooth.

and

One of my buddies that has a small business is really falling behind on shipping out his orders. He may need some help on Sunday packaging up his back orders.

I am pretty confident I will be there... but just incase Im not I wanted to let you guys know.

TDR.. Do you think you could bring some of your famous 52gn .223 loads? If you wouldnt mind Id like to try some out of "lil shit kicker".
smile.gif

No Problem, I just loaded some. Can't shoot my 223 as my new scope sucks.
Just ordered a NightForce F1 for a side by side comparison.

Ren it sounds like its ganna be a busy weekend for you and if you dont make it dont sweat the bullets. I got plenty. But hope to still see you there.
TDR good point about the weather. Train like you fight.
QQ i forget what you look like it has been so long since i have seen you
wink.gif
hope you can make it also
DD

Yes indeed!

Now to process 600 pieces of brass...

Good seeing you and DirtDart as well as Joe and Sandro. Merry Christmas and I hope to meet you guys there again sometime in January!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the week after Christmas off. Anyone planning on going to manatee?
Jack </div></div>

Wish I could get that week off...Might be able to squeeze out a couple of hookie days but the end of the week I'll surely be occupied.

Too bad because Thursdays and Fridays are always sparsely populated there. That said, deliveries of doors and hardware always get screwed up and days off appear where none were expected!

Let us know when you are going Velcro.

Sorry I didnt make it guys. My buddy has been averaging hundreds of orders a day since Turkey day.... Its been a weekend of shipping.... http://www.idstronghold.com/
Im glad you guys had a good time. QQ did you get chance to put the smack down on some snow men?

I rarely miss these shoots... I WILL BE THERE NEXT TIME!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the week after Christmas off. Anyone planning on going to manatee?
Jack </div></div>

Jack,

Let me know what day you're thinking about. I work the 30th & 2nd.

David

Ren,

Sorry you weren't there yesterday. As to those RFID protectors, any chance you will be working on a device to ID those trying to skim our credit card numbers so we can beat the shit out of them?

Not that I want to hinder your business; I just really want to pummel the fuck out of thieves.

Oh man... wouldnt that be nice!

Unfortunatly no. Unless the CC companys start putting a log file on the RFID Chip in your CC to know who scanned it and when... or simply alert you some how that your being scanned to take evase action.

Having the wallet is nice tho. We were testing in the shop with just putting a credit card in a back pack with a wallet in the back pack as well (cc was not in wallet) and we couldnt hardly scan the card.