• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FLGator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the tampa trying to find something longer then 75meters to shoot is manatee the closest ?
</div></div>

The Tampa????

Wyoming Antelope Club is in St. Pete and goes to 100 yards. It's 17 miles from my house. From the same house it's 65 miles to Manatee but there you can shoot out to 1000 yards.

And there are many other things one can do there as well. Gunny Pitts is often cooking something in the clubhouse!

There's a real nice club in Hernando County too called...Hernando Sportsmans Club. You can go out to 200 yards there on selected Saturdays.

I would just go to manatee any time. Flgator you will not dissapointed

James,

As I am playing hookie tomorrow, I may have to work on Sunday.

For the last 6 months or so, there has been no let up in the work load and I have a lot of ground to recover.

But, I really need to get out and shoot!

Any of you guys going to be there this Saturday?

There's a big rowing regatta in Sarasota this Saturday, 2-26. I'll be there for the races my daughter is in and I'm not sure when those will occur.

But I'm thinking I'll be bringing my rifles along on the chance I can get away for a few hours and shoot at the nearby range!

Ought to be a good day out there today. Any of you guys not mentsruating going to come out?

laugh.gif

I remember when there were people from this thread who would get together to shoot...Sniff...

cry.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhhXEuxhpG4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhhXEuxhpG4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Hey Jeff,
What happened ???? I think I forgot how to shoot beyond 100 yards.
Where is everyone???

I even saw that Ren is selling his baby. Must have seen a sail boat he has to have. I feel ya QQ,TDR we fell of the face of the earth. I'm in need of a little noise make'n. Lets try to get together the first week of May???

I can't believe this. What have you guys been doing all this time!? And to top it all off Dale is selling his rifle!

Slackers... Haha!

I have just been overwhelmed with work but it is time to make a date and get everyone out there to shoot.

Dirt Dart, the metal targets are exactly where I put them when I returned from Manatee last time. No stands, no time. gottta make the buck so I can buy some ammo.

OK everyone lets set a date . Saturday April 30th .
Joey are you home ??? How are things in Bahrain??

James,

The 16th is a possibility for now, though I can't be sure. The 30th is a no go for me as I'll be in Sarasota with the TC rowing team! 1st week of May becomes a more realistic possibility.

Angry Pirate,

I have no answers for you sir...For myself, like TDR, I have been buried with work. With the last couple years being what they've been, I have been in no position to turn any work down. As it is, I have managed to get to the range in St. Pete though it is hardly a substitute for Manatee.

Joey,

We'll get back on track I promise! I'll bet your dad has been dutifully hammering away down there in spite of our muddled priorities! Stay safe and let us know when you get home.

All,

What did you think of the Sinatra link? Pretty 1967-ish huh? You're welcome!

ok
hoping to have hall all the toys out to play on this trip
just need some grendel ammo

Tony, I'm still overseas I haven't been in Bahrain for two months but I'm heading back there in a couple of days. I should be home early July. I need to get ahold of you when I get back about some 1911 stuff.

Jeff, haha! In a little over two months and I will be shooting beside you guys again. I'm going to be a little rusty though. Hopefully SAC finishes my 260 by then. Have you made up your mind on which 6.5 to go with?

And about the Sinatra song, I think that's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before my time. Although I do know most of his songs (growing up with my grand parents forcing me to sing Karaoke helped). You could've have posted some Lil Wayne and we'd be on the same page. Haha! Kidding.

Can anyone recommend a good range in the Naples area ? Will be there for a few days next month and I'm not much of a golfer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey TJ, Are you looking for rifle or pistol??
</div></div>

Either if it is possible to rent them.

Thanks. I have the honour of meeting Colonel Jack Jacobs when I'm down there and will try to persuade him to come shooting. That should be a hell of an experience.

TJ,
I belong to the VVA Chapter 1037 in Punta Gorda.
A bunch of the Vietnam vets get together and shoot at the Desoto gun range about once a month.
Not a vet myself but a associate member. Great group of guys to shoot with.

Big rowing event in Sarasota this weekend, only 26 scant miles from the Manatee range...

My younger daughter is rowing early Saturday morning and then again late in the afternoon.

Hmmm, what might I do in the meantime...

Any of you guys interested in doing some long range precision recreation?

My mother has long been gone for a long time. RIP, My mother in law will recieve her roses, and we have no KIDS!!! so I am FREE on Mothers Day.
So out to sea I go. Or up river if its rough.

Some info on this range? Thinking about making the trip up there for a full day event. Probably bring the ar15 and the remy.

I'd be coming from ft lauderdale area.

Gonna zero the rifle at 100, then take it to 20mile bend for 300 yards, make sure it's shooting alright, then to manatee.

Probably go there the night before, stay at a hotel, wake up early and head over. Or just leave here at like 4am, get there by 7 8 ish.

Should I buy my targets elsewhere?

How about steel targets, they have any to lend out?
What's the address so I can google it for distance?

Oh and when are you guys shooting next? I'll take the day off so I can meet up with everyone there!

Not sure when we will be there . Everyone is disfunctional, ( busy), latley. We bring our steel targets with us. They are real particular on how they are angled.
manatee supplies you with 1 target , so bring extra paper ones for what you need. They open at 9:00 am so save the money and just leave early.
I used to live in Ft Laud. 36 years. Now the west coast of fl is much slower. Love it over here. I had an FFL and TAV business in Pompano.

I will see if I can round them up again. or I will just be there myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure when we will be there . Everyone is disfunctional, ( busy), latley. We bring our steel targets with us. They are real particular on how they are angled.
manatee supplies you with 1 target , so bring extra paper ones for what you need. They open at 9:00 am so save the money and just leave early.
I used to live in Ft Laud. 36 years. Now the west coast of fl is much slower. Love it over here. I had an FFL and TAV business in Pompano.

I will see if I can round them up again. or I will just be there myself.
</div></div>

Yeah I saw that when I was reading through the thread. that u had a FFL in pompano. you know there is one that opened just west of 95 on atlantic blvd now in pompano, it's huge, but VERY expensive. even to shoot.

How many rounds of ammo you go through there? 100-200?

I'll be there once I get my reloading setup ready. so probably couple months. can't afford to buy that many match ammo and afford it lol.

On the average 80 to 150 rounds . I prefer to make more hits and use less ammo.
Next time I am in town I will have to check it out.
What is the name of it??

Reloading is the only way to go for long distance as most production ammo will not be accurate enough to hold tight groups. After that it is all up to the driver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the average 80 to 150 rounds . I prefer to make more hits and use less ammo.
Next time I am in town I will have to check it out.
What is the name of it??

Reloading is the only way to go for long distance as most production ammo will not be accurate enough to hold tight groups. After that it is all up to the driver. </div></div>

http://nationalarmory.info/

yeah, I'm gonna get some ammo just to shoot the rifle for now, but I can't wait for my reloading stuff. probably a month or so til I can afford it.

Did you make it up yesterday reticrich? Nice day for wind reading!

The rowing season is officially over til fall for my daughter so I should have a few more Saturdays available for the trips to Manatee. Work is abundant right now and non rowing Saturdays have been typically occupied by revenue generation!

And it really sucks as I have two new rifles to shoot...Well one is new and the other re-barreled and in a new (and bedded) stock. I really need to see how they'll run at distance.

For now, I'll focus on reloading.

Hope you guys are well and I look forward to catching up with, or meeting you, there soon.

Putting together a 308AR, I'll be needing to stretch its legs veddy soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you make it up yesterday reticrich? Nice day for wind reading!

The rowing season is officially over til fall for my daughter so I should have a few more Saturdays available for the trips to Manatee. Work is abundant right now and non rowing Saturdays have been typically occupied by revenue generation!

And it really sucks as I have two new rifles to shoot...Well one is new and the other re-barreled and in a new (and bedded) stock. I really need to see how they'll run at distance.

For now, I'll focus on reloading.

Hope you guys are well and I look forward to catching up with, or meeting you, there soon.</div></div>

Yes sir

Had a good time..Needed trigger time at longer ranges..

Wind wasnt too bad.The mirage was bad. And it was africa hot..LOL

I want to go back in a couple of weeks.

Never been to manatee but looks nice and eager to head down one of these days. Do you guys bring your own steel targets, rent them, or how does that work? Is the range busy on sundays? I think that is the day I would eventually go. Any of you guys planning on shooting memorial weekend?

Dan