• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aint no matches held on Sundays!

Comments please? </div></div>

I think I can commit to Sunday the 1st. Plus we might be able to get lucky with the placement of the steel like we did the first time.

Cool!

We'll need to request the presence of our man of steel if'n we're going to shoot at it! His targets that is...Though there's no teling what those psychos in area 51 will be shooting at
eek.gif

My ears are bleeding. I am in for Sun 8/1 and i will bring my metal buddys. Ren, i think you are on it, no matches ='s we may be able to sneak out and put the targets where want. So, we will have to be mindfull of yardedge calls not to alert the RSO.

TDR this is from 6/18. This warsaw was 218 lbs and we got first place
warsaw.jpg

This one was 268 lbs and also won us first place
Desoto.jpg

Does anyone know if are any matches scheduled on 07/31? I checked the calender for the range and it does not have anything, just not sure how often it is updated.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: velcroflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if are any matches scheduled on 07/31? I checked the calender for the range and it does not have anything, just not sure how often it is updated.

Thanks </div></div>

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but hopefully you called them today. You can still shoot when there are matches but you have to yield the western most benches to the match participants and stay out of their playground: whether the match is a 500 meter or 1000 yard.

Still lots to do but not sure what your plans were.

Your fellow hide members are going to be there Sunday, hint hint
laugh.gif

Unfortunately I can't make Sunday. I was hoping some of you all would be there on Saturday since Doc1911 isn't able to make it with me.

Still hoping I can make it Sunday as I am experiencing a sudden crush of work.

Need to earn it before I spend it!

Sorry I won't get to see you waste Mickey, Velcro. It would be something worth seeing.

I just left there. Had a great day of shooting with some really nice and helpful people. I can't wait to get back down there.

Thanks dirt dart. Maybe next time we should make teams and calle our partners shots. Then we can change the target distance and have a competition. Losers get to reset the targets.

Thats an excellent Idea.... As long as im on your team TDR.
smile.gif

Mr..."Im shooting a 1k again...and making hits".

Every cold scession change target locations. we work as a team and range, spot and call corrections.
Sounds like a plan to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, that's fair... </div></div>

Ill take that as a compliment.
wink.gif

From the top of the bank immediately west of the firing line would be great! The top of the roof on the firing line might be nice as well. I like room to stretch out a little!

I just sold the mighty FN... so no go for me this weekend.

frown.gif

Hopefully my new rifle will be ready in a few more weeks.

Surgeon RSR, Kriger bbl, in a AICS by Mark at S.A.C.

She should be a shooter.
smile.gif

Kinda sad to let the FN go. But Optics, Other toys, and bills necessitate the sale.

OK Ren, I am up for the challenge.
She should be a nice shooter.
You should be able to woop my butt as I will be rusty by then because I have no time to practice.

Hey Guys;

I've been reading over this post and manatee sound like a great place to shoot. I will be going there soon. Can someone give me lowdown on what to bring other than normal shooting equipment.
Do you shoot off benches or is it all prone? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
I havs a Armalite super sass and want to see what it will a the longer ranges. Where I'm at I can only go to about 300yds.

Hey guys,
I will be moving to Tampa (Hillsborough Ave, 5 miles west of the airport) in the next 1-2 weeks and would love to meet some fellow members at manatee. Will definitely keep an eye out on this thread for future get togethers. Would love to see others rigs and see how the TRG does out to 1000.

Jared

Hey mrhog and Jared,
Manatee is a great place and we get together quite a bit. Good sturdy concrete bench's and concrete pad to shoot prone. Lots of different berms that you can place clays or that have spinners. then a long jump between 565 and 1,000 yards. You can place a target stand at any distance as well. We change our targets at every cold secession so we have unknown distances to calculate and hit.
Keep an eye on this thread and Hope to see you soon.

Guys,
I will be out of comission for 4-6 weeks. Just sent my NXS to have the MOA turrets changed to the high speed mil.

Guys,
I just bought a NXS from another hide member and am waiting for the postman....... I can't wait to try it out. It is a 8x32x56 npr1. it could be a little large for the sass but who knows I might find a nice bolt gun to put it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtDart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
I will be out of comission for 4-6 weeks. Just sent my NXS to have the MOA turrets changed to the high speed mil. </div></div>

I dropped this PM into the Gulf yesterday and I can tell you, the fish aren't pleased...

Mr Hog you will love your NSX. 8x32X56 is huge. The 4" spinner at 560 will look like man hole covers. When Mrhog is there we should have no problem seeing are missies at unknown diss. targets
wink.gif

QQ,TDR, you are right the fish are going to lose. Going this weekend for some Yellow Tail Snappers.

Okay so post a time when you are going to be there.... my scope should be in by next weekend. I will need a litle time to site it in. Let me know what ot bring...

Good Luck & Good Fishing Josh,
I will be absent for at least the next 3 weeks. Laying tile, drywall, knockdown, & painting have my name all over it. I sucks especially in the summer. Have fun guys.
mrhog I am sure some of the other guys will show up before I do. I should be there on the 11th of Sept.

If you guys are putting together a gathering at Manatee, let me know. I will make the drive again, had a great time a few weeks ago.

I can make 9/11, Damnit! An excellent day to go shoot shit! I'd like to get there sooner than that though as well to shake off some cob webs!

Should have my new bottom metal installed by then too!

Guys... 9/11 is a Sat..... I think the 12th would probably work better.

I just got word that Mark is putting the final touches on my new stick so I should my Surgeon/SAC by then.
smile.gif

Josh.. If my new USO is in by then you will be more than welcome to use it if your NXS is still out.

Later,
Ren

Any Hide members going to Manatee on Sunday the 29th. I'll be driving down from Palm Coast to visit friends in Tarpon Springs Friday night. Theres a paper match on Saturday at 10am I might drive down and watch that as well.

It would be nice to put faces to names.

I can do Sept. 12th as well.

Aug. 29th might be worth a trip too but I may have to work the 28th and Mrs. Q misses me when I'm away all weekend.