• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

It was Awesome!!!
Maybe 10-15 people there if that got there at ten to nine.
Checked zero then went out to the gongs @ 565 Holy Shit I actually hit those little bastards.
Used Ballistic for my Iphone could only guesstimate MV out of
my 18.5". Only needed a couple clicks to get me on the gongs. Im glad I bought the app.

Tried going out to 1k but could not see my hits with my SS16x42 like I could at 565.
Since I shoot by myself most of the time I think a stronger scope would be a good idea.

The ROs were very very nice and helpfull
They intoduced themselves and asked your name.
I went inside and asked about the 1k targets and thats when I was told to take
a seat and I got to meet Mit and have a conversation with him.
More like listened since I dont know anything.

Cant wait to go again...Very Soon.

AL

AWESOME Day today!!!

I hit the 8" gong on the right side @ 1k a few times
The one to the left of the big plate.

Met another SH forum member down their today
Chuck Finley (Matt)and he spotted for me (thanks) confirmed hits at 1k

I let him take her for a spin and his 3rd shot was a hit on the same gong.

Banged the 4" swingers on the left at 565 and someone had a
20" gong set up on the right bank to the right of the tire.
That was easy to hit and there were to 4" or 5" metal swingers
in front of the tire and the same person who brought the 20" plate also had a torso swinger setup at 600 down the leftside which wasnt to difficult to hit.
All in all an awesome day

The rifle is 18.5" 1:10 Mega MATen that I built w/SS 16x42
Still would like a stronger scope though
Using SW Ammo 175 & B Litz AB Tactical 175

Bummed I have to wait 2 weeks before I can shoot again.

I HIT STEEL @ 1k HELL YEAH!!!

AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alnkal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWESOME Day today!!!

I hit the 8" gong on the right side @ 1k a few times
The one to the left of the big plate.

Met another SH forum member down their today
Chuck Finnly (Matt)and he spotted for me (thanks) confirmed hits at 1k

I let him take her for a spin and his 3rd shot was a hit on the same gong.

Banged the 4" swingers on the left at 565 and someone had a
20" gong set up on the right bank to the right of the tire.
That was easy to hit and there were to 4" or 5" metal swingers
in front of the tire and the same person who brought the 20" plate also had a torso swinger setup at 600 down the leftside which wasnt to difficult to hit.
All in all an awesome day

The rifle is 18.5" 1:10 Mega MATen that I built w/SS 16x42
Still would like a stronger scope though
Using SW Ammo 175 & B Litz AB Tactical 175

Bummed I have to wait 2 weeks before I can shoot again.

I HIT STEEL @ 1k HELL YEAH!!!

AL </div></div>

Good meeting you today man, love your rifle. I was shocked I was getting hits at 1k.

Nice meeting you too.
Why so shocked?

We'll do it again in 2 weeks.

AL

Definitely want to make it there then too!

Joey,

Are you back home yet?

Hope all the rest of you guys are well and don't have to strain too much to remember when you used to come shooting!

laugh.gif

Q, I'm back in Fort Myers. Me and my pops went just after the 4th of July. I'm still waiting for my FN and my SAC Surgeon and I'm scopeless. I doubt I'll be shooting anytime soon because I'm about to buy a house, growing up sucks!

How's that PST working out for you? I plan on buying one later on down the road.

I will see guys after I get all my priorities straight! Take care, Joey.

Joey,

Glad to hear you are back and doing well. It's a good time to buy a house!

I have not been out in 6 weeks and hope to get out next week, I have an assload of brass all prepped and ready to load. As to the PST, I like it so far!

So yeah, I need to get back to the range...

Give my regards to your dad!

Hey Joey,
Welcome back. Glad you are home safe.
This is the time to purchase a house. try and find the realators that specialize in the short sale and foreclosure. Call me or PM me if you need some info.
Back to work for me.

Was there Sun and had another great time
Met a few forum members(Rick,Chris,Jack & Jack jr) who came in from the east coast which was really cool.
Nice meeting you guys

Might try to make it out again this Sun. 8/28

AL

Sunday, 10/2, 9:00 am. Should be cooler (High of 84 degrees), dry and challenging with a 15-20 MPH wind!

Hope to see some of you there.

QQ... how was it out there? I came close to pulling the trigger on a new optic today so I can get back in the game. But Im getting ready for a new addition in the Family on Monday 10/10.

Didn't make it I'm sorry to say. But I got a whole shit load of work done!

Pretty sad, I know...First cool day since March and I spent the morning doing proposals, billing, walked the dogs, then yard work and other chores. All the while knowing it must have been magnificent down there!

I'm looking forward to catching up with you. Give my best to Mrs. Ren! Your both going to love being parents! I'm smiling just thinking about it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys. I'm gonna head up next Thursday (13th) if anyone wants to meet up.

David </div></div>

Now that is the kind of forward thinking that built this country!

One of the reasons I chose not to go this past Sunday was the mob of shooters who are typically on the line this time of year during weekends. Unfortunately for my shooting, I have been buried with work this year. Fortunately for my finances, I have been buried with work this year!

Irony...

Anyway, I keep hoping I can carve out a Thursday or Friday trip down there, or at least to the Wyoming Antelope Club in St. Pet,e and then my plans (hopes?) are dashed by work opportunities or obligations that fuels my insatiable need to make up for 2 years of dogshit revenue generation!

To be clear, I'm extremely grateful for the work. But my shooting has been entirely too infrequent.

I'll do my best to make next Thursday happen Medic 103!

Hey queequeg,

OK, plans switched. Looks like I got about 4 or 5 guys to come with me, but it's a week later. I'm going to come up on the 20th late, grab a room, then wake up early on the 21st and head to the range. Shoot all day then drive home. Sooooo... plan for the 21st! I'd like to meet ya!

David

OK! I'll shoot for the 20th! Next Thursday just became a whole lot more difficult to plan a hooky day anyway as I just got even more work to do next week!

Still grateful for it too!

Plan for the 21st. I'll drive up on the 20th, but late in the afternoon. Ill grqb dinner and drinks, get a hotel room and play with my girlfriend. I'll be at the range on Friday. It's a 3 hour drive for me, so I'd rather be fresh in the am, than b tired from driving all morning.

I'll plan for the 21st then. I especially love it down there on Thursdays and Fridays. Fewer people and more fun!

It would be even better if Dirt Dart, Ren, TDR, JR, James, Joey and his dad, and other good (and safe!) shooters, showed up too as it has been far too long since we hammered DD's steel targets together, way the hell out there...

^^ I need to get my butt down there and shoot, its been too long. Not sure if I can swing a friday but will check the work calender and see.

Sometimes you never know who may suddenly show up. Keep your eyes peeled.

Ahem..... so.... I can tell you who was NOT there breaking clays and ringing steel today.

Slackers......
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahem..... so.... I can tell you who was NOT there breaking clays and ringing steel today.

Slackers......
wink.gif
</div></div>

I won't be slacking a week from today!! I'm bringing buds and smoking hot bitch!

D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahem..... so.... I can tell you who was NOT there breaking clays and ringing steel today.

Slackers......
wink.gif
</div></div>

What What What!!!!

And here I was sympathizing with you for being sleepless and all with a brand new baby...

Slackers indeed...I was installing Doors, Locks and other Door Hardware for the good of mankind!

Okay... Ahem...gets on soap box.... I have been out for a while, but im back now! so........

<span style="font-size: 20pt">ROLL CALL BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!</span>

I just dropped some coin on some steel! If anybody wants to buy something else they are more than welcome.

From bigdogsteel.com I ordered the following.....

2 x 45% ipsc targets dimensions 13.5 x 8
2 X 4x4 holders for above targets
1 x 25% ipsc swinger target 4.5 x 7.5 for fun at 465!

It would be much appreciated if some one would pick 1 or more 66% ipsc targets, measures 20x12, and 4x4 holder so we can put out a little further, maybe, hopefully, if we ask nicely. Your going to need at least a 5 foot 4x4 so we will be able to see it.

The reason I bought this is because I am claiming the 30th as the first unofficial, informal, bring your own food,....

Holloween Steel Smash!!!!!!

Be there to help bang some steel!!!!

<span style="font-size: 20pt">OCT. 30th </span>

I will do all I can to get there on Halloween eve to pick up my cigar!
laugh.gif

I must learn more about details on the steel and brackets.

I find it surprising that you aren't worried about my uncanny ability to shoot the bolts and chains that hold these targets up!

So for $200.00 or so each for a 66% target and a post hanger. I can obtain lumber of course and will need to call these folks about ordering one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I find it surprising that you aren't worried about my uncanny ability to shoot the bolts and chains that hold these targets up!

</div></div>

Note...anyone shooting the bolts off the targets will replace said bolts!
laugh.gif
Ive thought about that, I guess we will have to carry some spares on hand!

QQ. I plan on using some 2x4's to form feet on the bottom of the 4x4 holding up the target as seen in the video on the website. You can call them if you want. I just placed the order online.
cool.gif

Maybee Mr. Hotfizzle, and DirtDart will join us. I feel like the Blues Brothers... "Im putting the band back together!"

TDR????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 66% as well as other smaller squares from bigdogsteel. I also have 2 stands that would work well but are not the 4x4 type.

My stands look like this: http://acetargets.com

Dan

</div></div>

Sweet!!! bring'em!
laugh.gif
I went with the 4x4 stand as it looks pretty easy to setup and take down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
queequeg said:

</div></div>

Note...anyone shooting the bolts off the targets will replace said bolts!
laugh.gif
Ive thought about that, I guess we will have to carry some spares on hand!

i got a laugh out of the this, thanks

Oh shit. I got to get to work and fix some steel hanggers. I just got some new shinny bullets from swammo. I'm in fuc_er's....

I forsee you being sick on Monday the 31st Medic.
smile.gif

It will be good to have you along DirtDart!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in on Friday the 21st and won't miss the 30th as well. Even if I win the Lotto! Again!

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Look for me shooting a suppressed AW, with a cute blonde hanging around me. We'll be there early and hang most of the day

Can't make the 21st, have a client that just can't meet me any other day. The 30th looks good. The last Sunday before most northern states open deer season though, be sure to arrive early if you want a place on the line.

Well...
eek.gif
Here they are. They look alot bigger on paper...

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

QQ.. what do you think of the height of them? The tops of the post are right at 5 feet.

They should be fine Ren. Especially out there past the 565 line. Remember how DD had to lengthen his stand legs so we could see them above the grass, way out there? If you think they are too tall, I always have a cordless sawzall in the truck!

A friend of mine is coming tomorrow to ring out his new FN SPR. Should be a magnificent day!

Thats what I was thinking too mang!

You fella's have a great day tomarrow!

You lucky bastards are making me jealous! I'm stuck half-way around the world on deployment, just watching these posts with envy lol. I should be home in 3-4 months though and will meet up with you all out there one day... I have a shit ton of steel at home that needs to be broke in:)

Man what a glorious day to shoot shit!

Cool, windy (~20 mph), from the north, 2:00-3:00, pretty much all day, with good swirl out to the 565 banks.

I ran some 155 loads, Scenars and SMK 2156 at 100, 200 and then out to the crap sector!
laugh.gif

The range was packed today!

Dave, it was great to meet you today! So nice to meet you South East Florida folks when you come over to see us bumpkins!
laugh.gif

Gunner, Take care of yourself man! I'll look forward to meeting you out there in a few months.

BTW Ren, My Elke thinks your dog is cool!

Elke02-13-09-1.jpg

My Maxine thinks she can out run your dog too!

Maxi3-281.jpg

Im glad you guys had a good day. The wind sounds like exactly what I had last Friday. Makes hitting those little 4 and 5 inchers at 565 quite a challenge. Well.... at least for me its a challenge.

Sox is quite the little helper... whatever im doing... she is doing. Now If I could teach her to prep brass when Im at work I would have it made!

I bet Maxine probably could out run her... Sox is used to racing a welsh corgi! So she is a little spoiled in the speed area!

Ill be there Sunday.
Id like to smash some steel with you guys if you dont mind.

AL

Got all the plates painted, 2 18x24 2 10x18,the stands fixed and the chains replaced with qq proof straps. Got enough spare bolts and nuts to fix any that decide not to cooperate the all day beating. Now just waiting on what brown can do for me.
Any word on the location of TRD. Is he still in somalia f'n with chate chewing pirates.