• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show your custom Tikkas!

DSCF5228.jpg

I have both a stock 223 1in 8 twist and a 308 shown below, both are honest sub .5moa rifles

My tikka 308, soon to be outfitted with either the vortex 4.5-27 or Steiner 5-25 txi, time will tell

Like this one?

IMG_7721.JPG

Just started to load my own ammo for it and got some loads for Sierra 180grain Gameking and 168grain Matchking for it.
Oh, and it got a Accu-shot monopod today. I can hardly wait for more time at the range.

I have both a stock 223 1in 8 twist and a 308 shown below, both are honest sub .5moa rifles

My tikka 308, soon to be outfitted with either the vortex 4.5-27 or Steiner 5-25 txi, time will tell

What bolt handle do you have? I've been looking for one of those for a while and I can't find them

Like this one?

IMG_7721.JPG

Just started to load my own ammo for it and got some loads for Sierra 180grain Gameking and 168grain Matchking for it.
Oh, and it got a Accu-shot monopod today. I can hardly wait for more time at the range.

What accuracy have you attained from yours so far?

What accuracy have you attained from yours so far?

5 shot groups at around .6 MOA with both bullets. Although I have some signs of low pressure (sot) so I will add some powder for the next test batch.
Im confident that both bullets will be capable of .5 MOA or less with some more work/testing.

So far I've only changed the bolt handle, can't figure out what stock to get for my Super Varmint, as its both for hunting and range.
da5a6e8a.jpg

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

PM me for any bolt handle requests.

I'm very interested in the swept ball. To cannon and those who have one, do you like it and is the angle good for fast cycling? And on the pineapple, does it chew up your hands as bad as a surgeon knob does?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The swept ball handle is really comfortable to use, the ball fits right in the palm of your hand when you chamber a round. The Pineapple handle is deburred and polished so it's not too rough, the Cerakoted version is less rough again because it's been blasted and coated. Some people are after a 'look' some people are after a particular functionality or ergonomics.

You all are giving me rifle envy. I have been hunting for a Master Sporter with a .470 bolt face for a while now. I just wish they were more commercially available and that Tikka hadn't discontinued the M595/ 695 Master Sporter series.

Anyone have a Tikka sitting in a McMillan stock? An A2 or A5 maybe?

About time I contribute something here I guess.

Here is my Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .223 with a 1:8 twist 20'' barrel.
I just got the KRG X-ray for it in the mail, it also has the bolt handle already discussed in this thread from cannoncrossfire along with the bolt shroud he does.

1_zps99b3b0ee.jpg

3_zpsa8330191.jpg

2_zpse432189e.jpg

Here is the latest iteration of my Tikka. It started off as a stainless left hand varmint model, 7mm-08. I originally bought it for hunting but a property I was promised regular access to fell through. So with that in mind I set about changing the rifle to something more tactical and I intend to use it in F-class later this year and the odd tactical match when they pop up in Canberra.

So the build now consists of:

Roedale Precision RCSII chassis
Roedale Precision 20MOA scope rail
Roedale Precision Bipod
Viperskins with oversized pistol grip and side and under picatinny rails up front
Sterk titanium bolt shroud
Sterk pineapple titanium bolt handle
Yo Dave $10 spring to lighten the trigger (best guestimate is that it's now at about 700-800grams)
Maddco 26" match grade fluted barrel, re-barrelled to 6.5x47 lapua, 1 in 8 twist
March 5-40x56 FFP scope, illuminated
March flip-up scope caps
Era-Tac 1-piece adjustable inclination mount with Flatline Ops bubble level

I could get this shooting sub 1 moa groups at 100 metres with factory 7mm-08 hunting ammo so I'm very keen to see what it can do now that I can reload and get some match grade target projectiles down range. I plan on trying Berger 130gr VLD, Berger 140gr hybrid target and 136gr Lapua Scenar L rounds. I figure at least one of these should prove worthwhile.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Here is the latest iteration of my Tikka. It started off as a stainless left hand varmint model, 7mm-08. I originally bought it for hunting but a property I was promised regular access to fell through. So with that in mind I set about changing the rifle to something more tactical and I intend to use it in F-class later this year and the odd tactical match when they pop up in Canberra.

So the build now consists of:

Roedale Precision RCSII chassis
Roedale Precision 20MOA scope rail
Roedale Precision Bipod
Viperskins with oversized pistol grip and side and under picatinny rails up front
Sterk titanium bolt shroud
Sterk pineapple titanium bolt handle
Yo Dave $10 spring to lighten the trigger (best guestimate is that it's now at about 700-800grams)
Maddco 26" match grade fluted barrel, re-barrelled to 6.5x47 lapua
March 5-40x56 FFP scope, illuminated
March flip-up scope caps
Era-Tac 1-piece adjustable inclination mount with Flatline Ops bubble level

I could get this shooting sub 1 moa groups at 100 metres with factory 7mm-08 hunting ammo so I'm very keen to see what it can do now that I can reload and get some match grade target projectiles down range. I plan on trying Berger 130gr VLD, Berger 140gr hybrid target and 136gr Lapua Scenar L rounds. I figure at least one of these should prove worthwhile.

Looking good, how do like the stock?

Looking good, how do like the stock?

No real complaints. It's definitely well made and comfortable. I have not compared it to any other after market stocks like the KRG. A fellow I know just dropped his Rem 700 in a KRG so I might be able to try that in a fortnight and see how it feels in comparison.

Here's my tikka t3 Sporter in an x-ray chassis. Shoots about .75 MoA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 21
Love the Kahles so far. I am coming from a Millet before this, so its night and day. I've looked through other scopes at competitions, and its definitely up there in terms of optics.

I'm shooting Southwest ammunition 139 scenars through it now. I'm not setup to reload, but I'm saving my brass and I'll get there eventually.

Love the Kahles so far. I am coming from a Millet before this, so its night and day. I've looked through other scopes at competitions, and its definitely up there in terms of optics.

I'm shooting Southwest ammunition 139 scenars through it now. I'm not setup to reload, but I'm saving my brass and I'll get there eventually.

The next thing I will upgrade on my Tikka is my optics, so im asking around here and there.
The Kahles k624i and Hensoldt ZF seems to be the top contenders. I had the opportunity to look though a Hensold ZF FF LT a while back and it was nothing short of amazing. But so is the pricetag.

Without looking at Tikkas homepage for spec, does the T3 sporter have the same twistrate as the Varmint barrels? (1-11")
If so I think you should try some heavier bullets, ive had good results with 180 grain and 200 grain Sierra bullets. I think they can be found in factory loads in the US, right?
Next up to try, is 168 grain matchkings.

Oh, I'm shooting a .260 Remington :). The Tikka T3 Sporter is available in .260 and .308 here in the US. I already have a .308 so I went with the .260 on this one. I got a hit at 1307 yards at the Karstetter match a couple of weeks ago, so the gun can definitely shoot. I'd love to move to a Berger 140 Hybrid, but that will probably have to wait till I can reload.

The next thing I will upgrade on my Tikka is my optics, so im asking around here and there.
The Kahles k624i and Hensoldt ZF seems to be the top contenders. I had the opportunity to look though a Hensold ZF FF LT a while back and it was nothing short of amazing. But so is the pricetag.

Without looking at Tikkas homepage for spec, does the T3 sporter have the same twistrate as the Varmint barrels? (1-11")
If so I think you should try some heavier bullets, ive had good results with 180 grain and 200 grain Sierra bullets. I think they can be found in factory loads in the US, right?
Next up to try, is 168 grain matchkings.

Twist is same

Ta-daa
7C477AD0-0F96-4998-A1D1-82FA46D60E5F_zpseanbxpls.jpg

T3 Varmint 6,5x55 Swede, McMillan A3-5. Vortex Viper PST 4-16, Sonic 45 moderator.