• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show Your Hunting Rifles!

This is one of mine and what it will look like when my suppressor gets to come home with me.

16590DEB-4C4D-4C41-8C05-E8E033FDA429_zpsqhjgwbnf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

R700 308 Tactical cut to 18" and threaded at Accurate Ordnance, Manners EH1 with mini chassis and Bushnell ERS G2. I added the Karsten cheek rest and a Timney trigger that I set at 2.5lbs. 11lbs with the scope and Atlas.

3522A30B-3B19-4191-AA78-32027E9E2493_zpsm9nex7ij.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ok, so she's not a bolt action rifle. Still she's my go to for hunting...

It's a .54 caliber percussion Hawkins style Plains Rifle with double set triggers and rifled with a 1:60 twist for patched round ball.

Show Your Hunting Rifles!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410581141.009824.jpg
300 win mag
Defiance deviant hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surgeon 260 Remington in manners eh2 and Bartlein #3 24" bbl

Surgeon 308 in McMillan HTG stock Kreiger #4 22" bbl

Pair of Surgeon 223 in McMillan a3-5 stocks.

All guns wear Hensoldt scopes

Here are the most favored ones. Nothing fancy just solid hunting rifles:

I didn't know it at the time but the camera was dying and I terminally suck as a photographer so the picture is not great.

.280AI. 1982 vintage 700 ADL put together by Mickey Coleman. It has a #3 SS MG Shilen 1-9 barrel and is bedded back into the factory stock. Topped with a 3.5-10 Leupold. It shoots both the 120 grain Nosler BT and the 162 Hornady AMax very, very well.

Tikka T3 .243 with a 3-9 Burris FFII . Shoots every bullet I have tried very well. Current deer load is the 95 grain Nosler BT and H4350. Weighs 7.00 pounds field ready with a full magazine and sling:

^^^ Thanks, I got a similar build in the works with a #3 Bartlien, @ 22" eh2 stock,bdl chassis. Shooting for 7.5-8lbs just the rifle.

Gradous built 6.5 SAUM
Stiller TAC 30 action
McMillan A3 Sporter (Desert Camo)
Jewell trigger
PTG DBM
24" Bartlein #3 1:8.7 VAIS brake
NF NXS 2.5-10x32 MOAR ZS

Last edited:
My go-to big game rifle is a 300WM Titanium Clone build by Red Hawk Rifles. It's a great shooter, though I had to switch out the BC stock that came with it. Other than that, she's been really good to me. The rifle doesn't weigh much at all, thus she kicks like an ornery mule, even with the muzzle break. The thin barrel also heats up after about 4-5 rounds so load development takes a LONG time. Still, this rifle loves 210gr hunting VLDs, as the test target shows. I've never needed more than one VLD to do the trick on game. Here are the pics!

fns0zk.jpg

2zxwcn4.jpg

Here's the huge buck I got a couple years ago, before I switched out the scope and stock.

epeu8p.jpg

And here's the cow elk I got last year. We're actually having elk stroganoff for dinner tonight from this lovely lady!

fxero.jpg

Here are a couple more. Both are Hill Country Rifles Harvesters (Rem 700).

300 Win Mag with USO MR-10 1.8-10x37mm (bipod for picture-stand only).

300wm.JPG

300target.jpg

30-06 Springfield with Zeiss Diavari V 1.5-6x42 *T (sorry, the only picture I can find is with tasty doe).

3006.JPG

Last edited:
Simple setup
SPS-T, 308, McMillan HTG
Jewell, Ross Brake (so my kids can shoot it as well)
Leupold Vari-X III, Premier FFP G2 M3 LR/T
Is my Prairie Rifle

15080831890_86f183b785_c.jpg

Last edited:
ctr.jpg

tikka t3 CTR
260 rem
20" barrel
scope: swfa ss 3-15

Allegedly this rifle will be imported in 260 rem soon-ish. I intend to take it hunting, but probably not until next year since it's not scheduled to show up until late October.

Simple setup
SPS-T, 308, McMillan HTG
Jewell, Ross Brake (so my kids can shoot it as well)
Leupold Vari-X III, Premier FFP G2 M3 LR/T
Is my Prairie Rifle

15080831890_86f183b785_c.jpg

That is a simply beautiful, beautifully simple rifle!

I'll play.

Going to get blood on this one this year, Xtreme Hunter with 130 VLD's is the ticket.

LOVE that DTA bull pup! It's my next rifle, likely in a .300 Norma magnum.

That spiral fluted barrel has to be custom. Who made it?

Stiller Predator from the prototype batch
300WSM
Lilja 23" barrel w/brake
McMillan EDGE stock
PTG Oberndorf canoe style bottom metal
Jewel trigger
Leupold VX6 2-12
Cerakote Tungsten Grey metal, custom color stock
Talley lightweights
6lb 15oz

Blackfoot,

What sling is that?

Nice rifle! I bet the brake reduces what should be a brutal kick with that light a stick.

700 SA 7mm08
M70 3006
Both built by Joe Collier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
GLB, how do your Collier rifles shoot? I'm having one built by Joe now. Just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks

GLB, how do your Collier rifles shoot? I'm having one built by Joe now. Just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks
They both shoot very well. Getting 1/2 MOA has been easy with the right loads. That little 708 is the most consistently accurate rifle I own, it has shot everything I have tried to include factory hunting ammo.