• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I think we should go for one in july, like the 18th and then another later on in aug. Waiting all the way through to aug is a long time... I had a good time and looking to do some more shooting up there.

CJG

Re: JULY 18th SHOOT----------- SHWW Group

Date it is then......we will be shooting the 18th of July at the Sol Duc spot.....all welcome PM to confirm the meeting spot....Tribe...as always the 11th is fine or anytime up to the 18th.....the 18th is the date for all to meet so clear the motherfucking calandar!!!!

Gotta make some 750gr Amax proof steel hangers!!!!
shocked.gif

i might be able to make the 18th depends on the misses since the 19th is my birthday she is trying to plan something big since i'm supposely turning 30. i'm trying to get my hands on a rangefinder since i have to move down the ridge from you guys. we will see

Sweet... it's on the calendar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta make some 750gr Amax proof steel hangers!!!!
shocked.gif
</div></div> I do believe YOUR hangers are .50 proof... mine on the otherhand, are HANGERS... not TARGETS...
wink.gif

blackwidow... get your priorities straight! And yeah... the other ridge is a good spot for you!
whistle.gif

hey tribe got my full length sizer last night gonna go out this week to confirm what load i want. i should be ready do we know if its gonna be a single day or an overnight yet?

Nice.

I'm down for some camping... Maybe just throw it out there, those that are into it, can join us for the Saturday shoot... anyone who wants to make a weekend out of it can camp out.....?

could be fun. I think I'd be in for that if I can get my car out of the shop by then. you gonna be making it down this way to shoot this week?

Which way? Pretty sure I won't be in Butte...
wink.gif

Re: JULY 18th & 19th SHOOT----------- SHWW Group

Sorry...yeah I am planing on staying the night.....I am hoping I can get a buddy of a buddy at work to spin on my Sendro Contour barrel on my 270WSM and got a trade going for a 5R stock....so I can be like Tribe!!!!

Tribe get your old man to come along...shit get a whole 3 generation thing going!!!

How's your trigger Tribe? Found the turret mounting set-screws loose on my scope....now I have clicks again!!!

But I thoought I was having more problems than my sweaty cheek sliding off of my adj cheek.....the sleeves that hold the cheek piece are loose....front one (where I push into) is about to fall out!!! Now fix one thing and find another!!

Anyone ever played Sniper Golf? Thinking on a game to play shooting out west...lowest score (shots) to hole (steel target) at UKD would win....$5 buy in? Spotter, Handicapps all those fun items as well but still thinking on that part!!!

Forgot also Tribe...I have that wood ADL stock that was on my 223 last weekend that your dad could open up to hold that heavier barrel.....$75 with trigger guard if he wants it.

Clicks are a big plus
laugh.gif

Trigger had a broken spring... Rifle Basix... going back to an old Remmy... I'd kinda' missed the Remmy after I went to the 'upgrade' anyway... we'll see
wink.gif

Any sort of game/contest we make up would be fun... might be difficult to keep the UKD... UK if you know what I mean... but I think that sounds great. Maybe some sort of "round the horn" type deal as well... 5 shots per target... targets at known distances (600, 820, 1080, 1100, 890... or whatever they end up being...), under a time limit for all targets, of like 5-7 minutes or so... most hits wins?

Looking like a strong possibility of a three generation thing as well... should be a blast! Hope some of you guys that haven't been out can make it... should be a good time.

Finally... if the 'Shaman of the Bottomless Trunk' is lurking around out there... he'll have to take that stock thing up with you his own self....
wink.gif

so if we play that sniper golf and have spotters who is gonna spot for me since i'm the out cast now because of the loud
f---ing brake? but atleast it doesn't kick any more. hey chad did my test loads the vertical i am sure is my breathing. i realized i didn't let them off at the same spot of the breath but the windage is great.

Dafar... Yes, it's on.

BW... SWEET... can't wait to check that thing out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clicks are a big plus
laugh.gif

Trigger had a broken spring... Rifle Basix... going back to an old Remmy... I'd kinda' missed the Remmy after I went to the 'upgrade' anyway... we'll see
wink.gif

Any sort of game/contest we make up would be fun... might be difficult to keep the UKD... UK if you know what I mean... but I think that sounds great. Maybe some sort of "round the horn" type deal as well... 5 shots per target... targets at known distances (600, 820, 1080, 1100, 890... or whatever they end up being...), under a time limit for all targets, of like 5-7 minutes or so... most hits wins?

Looking like a strong possibility of a three generation thing as well... should be a blast! Hope some of you guys that haven't been out can make it... should be a good time.

Finally... if the 'Shaman of the Bottomless Trunk' is lurking around out there... he'll have to take that stock thing up with you his own self....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Dang. So how big of targets you talking about?

Re: July 18th and 19th SWHH SHOOT

The steel we have been using at 1111 is about 13" if I remember right....the others are around 10"x16" guessing....we will color code them with the sizes coresponding to the color....I wasn't trying to start a game I would win by any means but thought it might be a way to challange myself!!!

BW----since it doesn't kick at all you can spot for yourself!!!!

Thinking that the spotter end should be somewhat random but then again I don't want to get stuck with Tribe calling out MOD (minute of duck) but I want to spot for him so I can call splashes in inches and watch him convert it to 1/10th mil clicks!!!!
laugh.gif

Any ideas for figureing a solid game plan.....thinking on seting a handicap for people using a scope with 5x mag less than the average of the group, somthing like -5 and a handicap of -5 for anybody using bullet weight less than 100gr...ideas????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clicks are a big plus
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Dang. So how big of targets you talking about? </div></div>

Im thinkin its going to be some of the steal they had out there last time. its like 12"x12" or 16"x16" maybe 18"x18", but its in those size ranges. Sounds like fun. I got my 20" 308 back from repair. I need to get that out and see how it groups and get a zero on it.

I think befor we hold this little "competition" we should be given adequite time to get our come ups figured out. So mabe do this towards the end of the day on saturday or something.

I picked up a new quad, running out to adjust or reset targets should be pretty easy now too. Its cool that between all of us, we have ATV, High power spotting scopes, multiple range finders, chronographs etc etc. we pretty much have it all...

I was at a scrap yard dropping some junk off and got some free steal plate, I picked up a piece that might be about 20x20, but I think its only probably 3/16", it might hold up at a 1000, doesnt really matter it was free. Then i got some half inch stuff that is 5x5, several of those, should hold up at 500 and 800.

CJG

Actually BW you have the least handicap because you have to me 30 yards in front of everybody else so we can still hear!!

Yeah I was thinking about doing some warm up swings at the same normal ranges we had last time Rotor.....I have an 8 ft x 12" base edge at work that is not in our inventory that our parts guy said he "never saw" I know it is made of DH2 steel and has some holes in it I can weld up but it is an inch or thicker!!! There is your 50cal fodder Rotor!!!

Whew. I'm glad you didn't say 6" circle. My 6" circular plates have been kicking my ass. I bet they'd be a lot easier with the 6.5x47L, though...

Yeah... and hey... just so any of you guys that have never been out before, or have never shot that far, this is all just low key. I was envisioning going out there and shooting as we usually do... spotting for each-other and whatnot... and just throwing in a little contest or game or two to have some fun... nothing to stress on...

As to Rotor's point... yes, absolutely... the whole point of going out there, is the quest for long range zen... which only comes with a bunch of trigger time at long range... and none of us are anywhere near that yet. Most of the fun, is helping each-other get this stuff figured out... I for one, wouldn't even want to have any sort of 'contest' if the other guy was still trying to figure out his dope... not much fun in that. So yeah, if any of you all want to come out, and don't know your dope, no worries... that's what we're going out there for.
wink.gif

As far as all the handycappin'... I think just keep it simple and shoot... besides... most of us are already plenty handicapped
laugh.gif

BTW Big Joe... I'm glad you're the 'steel caddy' that 'base edge' sounds real fun to lug around!
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually BW you have the least handicap because you have to me 30 yards in front of everybody else so we can still hear!!

Yeah I was thinking about doing some warm up swings at the same normal ranges we had last time Rotor.....I have an 8 ft x 12" base edge at work that is not in our inventory that our parts guy said he "never saw" I know it is made of DH2 steel and has some holes in it I can weld up but it is an inch or thicker!!! There is your 50cal fodder Rotor!!! </div></div>

Ya, that sounds like a nice peice of steal. You by chance have a good cutting torch, maybe cut that into 12x20 or 12x16? that would be way more manageable. Sounds like a good piece though. Im planning on going out sunday afternoon to my local shooting spot and see if my 308 groups, if it does, then i can run out to 500 yards there, so i can get some come ups jotted down. That way i dont have to waste a bunch of ammo like i did with the AR. Im already getting excited, this is going to be a good time.

CJG

Yeah I was thinking on 12"x12" out of the base edge..we might end up hanging it off chain and some logs though unless I can figure out some more hangers.....as far as the "compotetion golf"....shit who cares about the compitetion...if someone is all fuckerd up and never even dialed range into a scope who cares...lets have fun and play man....we all help eachother....I was thinking on a $5 buy into the pot for 2 rounds just to halp whoever wins with the gas money....I don't mind the trip it is only 40 min of the area I love so no biggie!!

More trigger time is better than anything....if you have the choice between grabbing 100 rds of ammo or the $5 for the golf fromyour burning house...grab the ammo!! Just thinking of a way to make it interesting and somewhat of a "buddy match"....but yeah Tribe is correct, this is about as laid back as you can get.....fucking Chong Golf!!!!

Tribe do you have any pics of the ones from the Findlay cup?

Nope... no pics.... but keep brainstorming on the golf thing... sounds fun... I was just trying to make it clear to any lurkers that may be considering joining us, that we're a low-key operation
wink.gif

i was thinking probably be out there around 8 that was i can see where i want to shoot from. it will either be to the left of the firing line way up on the hill, or down the ridge to the right past the trees. i came across another piece of steel its about twice as big as the first one i brought.

some of the FRS radios could be handy too, I have a couple im going to try and bring.

CJG

DSM, I don't know if you were figuring on a meet-up at Alby's or what... probably best, if we've got a couple of new guys coming in... I'll be there at 9am.

Rotor, I've got a couple of radio's as well.

DSM, BW... I was also thinking that some sort of signs/barricades to deter anyone from coming up any of those access roads might be a good idea.....?

BW... I think anywhere along that ridge line should be good, it makes for a nice natural firing line.... so long as we are all within' easy ear shot, and have good visuals on each-other at all times.

Thinking on a plywood sign stating that a rifle target shoot is taking place and to please honk and wait for an acknowladgement honk before
entering....just on the off chance that we don't spot them.

Rotor: how is the quad idea working? We have a Polaris Ranger at work but not sure how it would fit in the back of my truck!! Probably would work to just back into a ditch and drive the Ranger off to the bank!

Ya I have a grizzly 700, I have a toyota mini pickup that hauls it, but that doesnt leave much room for the rest of my gear. I will probably borrow my dads big truck and then trailer it(canopy). Then i can sleep in the back of the truck too.
Backing in a ditch or up to an embankment works well, since its 4wd they go anywere, just grab some 4x4's or something, those work pretty good as ramps.
If I end up bringing the trailer, I could haul it up there for you too. Its a 17ft car hauler. would work pretty good as a mobile shooting platform, but i dont think i could really get it angled right, up there. We can coordinate this further, once we get about a week out, I will know for sure how im getting my stuff up there.

I think the plywood sign sounds like a good idea. someone could drive in there pretty fast, and if your on the ground at the end of the line and looking through a scope, your not going to see them.

CJG

tribe, if i stay on the ridge it will have to be past the trees. on the grassy knoll will only give me 1111 yds. so it will have to be further down the way. i'll get there early to determine where. we are also going to try to hang a gong up in the trees in the little clearcut on your right when you come into the range. from the grassy knoll its 1200 but might be close to 1600 at the end of the ridge.

BW... sweet... Yeah, I just want to make sure we are all on the same plane, facing the same direction... with a few extra people out there, I just think it's important to step up the discipline on range safety a bit.
wink.gif
eek.gif
1600 would kick ass... I'm sure Pop's will be sporting the 338LM!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BW... sweet... Yeah, I just want to make sure we are all on the same plane, facing the same direction... </div></div>

CHICKEN!

smirk.gif

So do we have a head count yet? This is what I get so far:

1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar

ranger are you in?
salmon axe ?
arctic light?

Everybody that is going PM Rotor your shirt size and let him know how many orange slices and Juice Boxes he should bring!!!! HAHAHAHA ....smartass!!!!
laugh.gif

Yeah I am in....I might have to try the 50 this time bud....I will bring my checkbook!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I am in....I might have to try the 50 this time bud....I will bring my checkbook! </div></div>
May want to hold out for cash....
wink.gif

+ F9wine, The Sheriff & The Kid...

I believe digger was doin' some figuring on how to get out there... and dafar was planing on bringing his partner in crime....

BW... have you ranged anything beyond your dog house with that Newcon yet???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">ranger are you in?</span>
</div></div>

Me? Show myself instead of making snide anonymous comments from the web? Not my style.

Oh, the REAL reason? My rifle is still in jail. Until I can spring it I will be just another internet shooter.

Remember, "shot groups of 1" are always perfect!

tribe,i was able to get a reading on the mountain across the highway from my house at 1210 meters the mountain behind my house was 823 meters on the ridge line. but that was handheld i am gonna bring the tripod so it will be more steady.

Ya nice try DS on the PM idea. ahahah. And ya i think tribe is right, you better bring cash... No seriously though, first round or two are on me. Im hoping I get my scope in the next week or two, then i can bring the bolt 50 up. someone say something about 1600 yds???

Ok, here we go:

1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar
6. Mattj

salmon axe ?
arctic light?

On a side note, i got my 308's back, I think I should be able to use those up there. I'm excited to give it a try with those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+ F9wine, The Sheriff & The Kid...

I believe digger was doin' some figuring on how to get out there... and dafar was planing on bringing his partner in crime....</div></div>

Yeah, 18th right? I'll show up. Hope it's not too far away from where I live...

Guess I should do some reloading then. I've been really lazy about it since it got nice.

rotortuner i know from the grassy knoll to the top clear cut is 1200 yds but it will be further down the rigde i can tell you that day how far. if we go way to the right from down on the gong road i wouldn't doubt we can get a mile.