• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, 18th right? I'll show up. Hope it's not too far away from where I live...</div></div>

Dude.... it's almost to Forks...
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, 18th right? I'll show up. Hope it's not too far away from where I live...</div></div>

Dude.... it's almost to Forks...
eek.gif
</div></div>

Crap. That's farther away than Ellensburg. Is it worth taking the Kingston Ferry then?

Coming from your end... i would think so... all about schedules... I have not tried the Ferry yet - too much of a control freak
eek.gif
... I've been running round the end, through Tacoma...

Figure on meeting in Port Angeles around 9am... it's a bit under an hour to the spot from there....

salmonaxe -
Kingston ferry would work pretty good for you, just make sureyour at the ferry about half hour early or so and you shouldnt have a problem. If your going home on sat, there might be delays, there are readerboards before you even get to the hood canal bridge that will tell you if there are delays at the ferry, if there is, then just drive around.

Tribe -
Are those 3 additional names of people that are going to make it?

CJG

guys im going to try and make it but i cant be sure yet. my bro will be in town, maybe i can bring him too.

Rotor... Yes.

Plus, I believe dafar is bringing his wing-man.

Looks like garrett & bro. as well.....

Black widow...I have your chron arms finally...shit they sent them then had to send them again because the label was rubbed off......sorry for the delay man but call me if you need to pick them up.

When I get my WSM back from the smith I am going to go up to Buzz's and chrono and zero it if you want to meet up there?

I'm gonna try to make it out with you guys. Kinda depends on the cash flow. I dont reload yet and .308 isn't as cheap as I want it to be.

Hey guys, is there still room for another shooter? Had enough of working my ass off just to make somebody else look good---want to get out and remember the reason I go to work in the first place.

Heh... Longeyes... Nice! Yeah, I'm sure we can make room... you thinking of campin'?

Yep, campin was in the plan---I'm guessing from what I've read that there are no facilities so I'll plan for that. Dont have any idea of where I'm goin tho so as we get a little closer I'll have to get directions. ----- SSWWEEEETT --- A weekend of LR shootin with good people --- the future looks way better already.
Are there any plans around grub on sat. eve. and sunday morn?

Not sure on when I am going to Buzz's....waiting on the rifle. Might be in the week though since it is light for so long...not sure yet.

Grub wise Tribe has some really good eggs for breakfast!!

No there is a camp spot....basicly a firepit...so you need a chair, sleeping rig, tent or truck....I have a spare tent if anyone needs....I sleep in my truck. I have a camp stove that anyone is welcome to use and I have a small BBQ that anybody is welcome to use. Bring TP as there are lots of logs to hang over! There is a stream nearby but it might be dry so bring water as well....other than that it is pretty basic and breakfast is about the same....coffe and maybe a bagel. However fancy anybody wants to get is a-ok.

I am thinking about bringing the shit to rig a sunshade for myself this time!!!! I am white and I know it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grub wise Tribe has some really good eggs for breakfast!!</div></div>
Only if you like your eggs from a bag! That goes for lasagna, teriyaki chicken, chili-mac... or whatever I'm eatin' as well! Don't call me "Cooky"... you'll be soooorely disappointed
laugh.gif

For cryin' out loud.... break out the SPF 4000, and lather up! Before we know it, you'll have a generator, water-tank and some sort of spritzer system up there... need any cheese with that?
whistle.gif

Hell it was mainly the sweat issue.....that's why I put the Eagle stock pack over my adj cheek!!! Kept slipping off!!! I am white and I know it....might have to throw the canopy back on and shoot from up there.....I could rig a 12v fan in there!!! Of course everyone would be in there hiding from the Weatheyby Break!!

dont worry joe i'll be out of sight most of the time so i don't make you deaf. and if you are near me you better wear double hearing protection. with only one set it will hurt your ears. oh ya just swept your work today.

With sweat dripping from my nose, and fresh blisters on my forefinger and thumb... I would just like to take a moment, and publicly declare how much I F&%*!#@ HATE Trimmin' Brass!!!
mad.gif

Ya i got pretty sun burned when i was up there. Good idea to bring a brimmed hat. Just in case it wasn't clear. this is pretty much in the middle of no where, the the nearest facilites/store are about 30-40 min away, farther than you will want to drive. So you need to bring camping gear, if your planning to spend the night and some sort of food and water to sustain yourself.

You also will need to bring at least a shooting mat or even a small tarp, there is a lot of bark and stuff that can get knocked into the air with the muzzle blasts.

CJG

tribe maybe you should try using the lee case legnth gauges for trimming. you put the chuck in a drill, put the case in the chuck , screw the length gauge in to the cutter and then stick the gauge into the case and it will trim it to the appropiate length. if its already there then it doesnt cut. very fast with the drill. you get into a rythem easily can do 100 cases or more a hour.

For some reason I could never get the shell holder to hold the damn case... I gave up and went back to my forster.

Seemed to work pretty good for me once I deprimed the shell....is sort of hokey though...the RCBS style do alot better job but for a quick clip it is pretty fast.

I have one on order, but all i have ever heard are rave reviews. 50bmg brass is a real pain and supposedly guys can cook right through those. I cant wait to get mine, should be able to do a couple hundred 308 in about 15-20 min.

CJG

I have my Lee set up on my drill press with the shell holder in the chuck and the sizer/trimmer mounted in a machinest's vise makes the process pretty quick and painless

Updated

For sures:
1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar
6. Mattj
7. long eyes

Possibles:
8. salmon axe
9. diggerline 55
10. garrett
11. F9wine
12. The Sheriff
13. The Kid

Updated

For sures:
1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar
6. Mattj
7. long eyes
8. The Kid

Possibles:
9. salmon axe
10. diggerline 55
10. garrett
12. F9wine
13. The Sheriff

This is gonna be a kick--looking forward to it. Looks like I have to do some reloading this weekend. Damn the bad luck.

Should we make a cap on people or is everybody cool with taking turns on the firing line? Weren't we figuring on about 6-7 shooting slots max?

I am cool with spotting and watching but just wanted everybody to know that the lanes are getting full.

Dafar is +1 I belive.

Ya, i might have a friend coming as well, but i figured, he could shoot off my same tarp/mat, so i wasnt really counting him. Can people shoot off the top of the hill up on the left as you look down range? or else people might have to walk out and make a spot on the saddle or something.

I think it kinda depends on vehicles and how they are parked, if we organize how people are kinda setup and minimize the amount of room the camping is taking up on the saddle, we could probably fit more. but im thinkin 10-12 people would probably be max. Whats your take tribe?

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated

For sures:
1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar
6. Mattj
7. long eyes
8. The Kid

Possibles:
9. salmon axe
10. diggerline 55
10. garrett
12. F9wine
13. The Sheriff
</div></div>

Possibles:
14. ranger1183

We will be camping down where we stopped to see if your Festiva was off road worthy Rotor!!! Nice spot down there to camp, so we can shuttle from there to above and park some there or we can park them on the road just not out on the knob. As much as possible it would bee a good idea to keep a solid line saftey wise.....no one more than 5-10 feet forward of anybody else. There is digin room to the right of the knob we use that Blackwidow was going to go to to get some hearing protection for us...I might squeese a few from over there just to practice real hunting shots.

i think i might be further down the rigde from the line from the grassy knoll you lose 600, 850 and the 1080 that tribe set up last time i went. i'll be beyond the trees. tribe, when i get time to load i will i have been working double shifts.

you know the best part of these days is the smack talking during and after. I cant wait to bang some steel where I can take some time to look at the wind and mirage

"smack talk" ????
I will be there with the 338LM and a 55 gal. drum of Whoop-ass.
Shaman and his Magic Trunk

f9 wine has entered the ring!
shocked.gif

Yeah fellas... it seems when we get a group of shooters together, there's as much BS'n goin' on as there ever is shooting (unless it's some sort of match or something)... plus, no doubt there will be a need for spotters and helping guys 'get on'. I think 7-10 or so would likely max on the line... but I don't think we'll all be looking to shoot at once... So... so long as no one has the expectation of hittin' their belly, and shooting un-interrupted, the entire day.... I don't really see it as a problem. I think, in the end, this is turning into a cool event, that allows all of us to put a face to a name, and bring our little community together... which in itself, brings all of the benifits of shared resources & knowledge (however finite of a resource that might be)....
wink.gif

Ranger - Hope you can make it.

I dont even know if any of us can afford to shoot all day like that anymore.

Don and I will not be spending the night but what are you guys planning for CHow in the afternoon or evening. Is it a group effort or do you all do your own thing?

Updated

For sures:
1. tribe
2. donstrokeme
3. black widow
4. rotortuner
5. dafar
6. Mattj
7. long eyes
8. The Kid

Possibles: