• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra donates 50,000 bullets to US F-Open Team

Papagrizzly

USA F-Open Rifle Team
Minuteman
Sierra Bullets has graciously donated 50,000 of their new 7mm 180 grain bullets to the US F-Class Open Rifle Team.

We are very grateful for this generous donation of an outstanding bullet. I can attest first hand that these new bullets are superbly accurate and have multiple accuracy nodes. The stock number of these bullets is 1980 and they are designated under the MatchKing line. It is my understanding that they are now available and on dealers' shelves.

THANK YOU, Sierra, for supporting the US F-Class Open Rifle Team in its quest for the Gold in 2013.

Re: Sierra donates 50,000 bullets to US F-Open Team

holy crap. Thats some serious support there.

PG,

Thanks for letting us know about their support, and thanks to Sierra for their help.

DocB

This is awesome news!

Thank you Sierra for your donation to the US F-Class Team and the shooting sports.

Historically the shooting sports don't generally enjoy the same level of sponsorship as other sports, and there's no good reason for that. Historical precedent, more than anything, is probably the only reason shooters have come to expect very little sponsorship support from many of the vendors in the shooting business.

The fact that two major bullet companies are now co-sponsoring two of USA's most elite teams of international competitive rifle shooters is inspiring and very encouraging. Hopefully other companies will also see the value in helping the shooting sports to grow by providing sponsorship beyond what's become historically accepted.

Again, thank you Sierra for stepping up for shooters yet again with this substantial donation!

-Bryan

damn , I got to make that team soon
smile.gif

Way to go Sierra!

Thanks for letting us know, Shiraz. The shooting world is a close knit group, and I for one will gladly support the companies that support 'us' as a whole.

Good on you Sierra, I hope you are watching Berger, you robbing b*&^%^&*.

didn't the F open team switch to the 300 WSM.

Kidding that is great support from a solid company.

F open went 7mm, last I heard needs to be a short mag (SAUM or WSM).

I echo Bryan's comments and will share with everyone that I am extremely excited about this support from Sierra. There are many who question how these cooperative efforts can benefit the shooting sports. The benefit comes from the cooperative itself. It is up to those of us in the firearms industry to set the example of becoming unified for the specific purpose of growing and strengthening the shooting sports.

I applaud Sierra for taking this step toward a mutually beneficial show of support. In the grand scheme of things this is one act but with the shooters help this act's meaning and impact will be far reaching and be another catalyst of many such acts in the future of the brotherhood of the shooting sports.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Many on this site may not be aware that several months ago Berger donated 50,000 bullets to the US Rifle team in a joint sponsorship with Sierra who is the primary sponsor of the US Palma team.

Berger is the primary sponsor of the US F-Class team and we are very excited about this mutual show of support from Sierra. I sincerely hope these are the first of many mutual support situations.

Just for that I'm going to Cabelas to buy some Sierra products...