• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

So I just got my 10ks from rsr few thoughts....
First mine has fw 13.083

Was able to connect to my kestrel elite and they passed data back and forth right off the bat no issues. I was getting firing solutions out to 3500 instantly and the data flow was consistent across profiles. Wake up seemed way faster than with my Leica 2800.com.

The thing is stupid fast at ranging.

On board weather was nowhere near what my kestrel was on live. I left the 10k outside for an hour to let it acclimate before I tested it's onboard capability with it being really cold and rainy today.

Temp:
Local airport was 45 f.
Kestrel was 48
Sig 66

Rh:
Airport 75
Kestrel 70
Sig 40

Pressure:
Airport 25.89
Kestrel 25.13
Sig 25.1

Not sure why the sig temp and rh we're so far off but that was one of my biggest worries about not having the firing solution coming from my Kestrel. I will be testing this more tomorrow and do some more reading on the 10k to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

I was really surprised to see the sig be able to see through the drizzle. I was able to range a bunch of rocks and small signs between 2k and 3.5k before the rain started. Once the rain was steady, even some of the rocks I could barely make out in the rain, the still returned ranges to 2200. My Leica was struggling to hit 900 in the same conditions.

Overall I'm excited to see how this guy pans out under further testing.

It's drizzling in the pics

20220422_144931.jpg

20220422_144936.jpg

20220422_145515.jpg

20220422_145526.jpg

20220422_150052.jpg

20220422_150022.jpg

Last edited:
First mine has fw 13.083

Was able to connect to my kestrel elite and they passed data back and forth right off the bat no issues. I was getting firing solutions out to 3500 instantly and the data flow was consistent across profiles. Wake up seemed way faster than with my Leica 2800.com.

On board weather was nowhere near what my kestrel was on live. I left the 10k outside for an hour to let it acclimate before I tested it's onboard capability with it being really cold and rainy today.

Temp:
Local airport was 45 f.
Kestrel was 47
Sig 62.

Rh:
Airport 85
Kestrel 83
Sig 43

Pressure:
Airport 25.89
Kestrel 25.09
Sig 25.1

Not sure why the sig temp and rh we're so far off but that was one of my biggest worries about not having the firing solution coming from my Kestrel. I will be testing this more tomorrow and do some more reading on the 10k to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

I was really surprised to see the sig be able to see through the drizzle. I was able to range a bunch of rocks and small signs between 2k and 3.5k before the rain started. Once the rain was steady, even some of the rocks I could barely make out in the rain, the still returned ranges to 2200. My Leica was struggling to hit 900 in the same conditions.

View attachment 7854906
View attachment 7854908
View attachment 7854912
View attachment 7854913
Thanks for the info.

I totally forgot to test it while paired to the Kestrel. So, just like the 3kBDX, does it pull ALL environmentals off the Kestrel when connected?

Did you see any issues with the AMOLED display when placed in horizontal grid mode with "+" reticle? (I got that weird artifact that I described above)

Thanks for the info.

I totally forgot to test it while paired to the Kestrel. So, just like the 3kBDX, does it pull ALL environmentals off the Kestrel when connected?

Did you see any issues with the AMOLED display when placed in horizontal grid mode with "+" reticle? (I got that weird artifact that I described above)
I do have the same issue with the amoled display in half grid mode.

I'm not sure if the weather is being stored on the pass back to the sig but it wouldn't really matter as the firing solution is computed on the kestrel with it's weather data. The da looks to be very close in the sig display to my kestrel after getting the firing solution back so it's possible it bringing something back to the sig other than the firing solution

20220422_151203.jpg

I do have the same issue with the amoled display in half grid mode.

I'm not sure if the weather is being stored on the pass back to the sig but it wouldn't really matter as the firing solution is computed on the kestrel with it's weather data. The da looks to be very close in the sig display to my kestrel after getting the firing solution back so it's possible it bringing something back to the sig other than the firing solution

View attachment 7854924
Looks like Sig needs to work on a firmware update... lol

Reactions: Huskydriver
75A9A860-0161-48A1-90C0-B179CCB97727.png

First mine has fw 13.083

Temp:
Local airport was 45 f.
Kestrel was 48
Sig 66

Rh:
Airport 75
Kestrel 70
Sig 40

Pressure:
Airport 25.89
Kestrel 25.13
Sig 25.1

View attachment 7854906
View attachment 7854908
View attachment 7854912
View attachment 7854913
View attachment 7854914
View attachment 7854915
Seems like your temperature sensor is off. That would toss the RH measurement off, too. Did you ensure your temperature was in auto and not manual? Perhaps it came set to manual hence the errant value. Also, did you try without the Kestrel paired? That’s really where these shine.

75A9A860-0161-48A1-90C0-B179CCB97727.png

Seems like your temperature sensor is off. That would toss the RH measurement off, too. Did you ensure your temperature was in auto and not manual? Perhaps it came set to manual hence the errant value. Also, did you try without the Kestrel paired? That’s really where these shine.

View attachment 7855047

I set it to auto and left it outside before rocking and rolling for an hour like I said so they could acclimate. They still say it's above 60 and it's below 40 right now in my one pic you can see it's set to auto.

I played with them all day and it has never been close density altitude wise to the kestrel.

The compass is way off too...I have tried resetting it and no matter how much I calibrate it, its off by 40 degrees or so to real life.

On board instruments wise I was not holding my breath but laser wise I'm super impressed with how well it did in the rain.

If the onboard sensors are not getting accurate data your shooting solutions will be garbage...I'm just glad it's working with my kestrel until they get it figured out

I set it to auto and left it outside before rocking and rolling for an hour like I said so they could acclimate. They still say it's above 60 and it's below 40 right now in my one pic you can see it's set to auto.

I played with them all day and it has never been close density altitude wise to the kestrel.

The compass is way off too...I have tried resetting it and no matter how much I calibrate it, its off by 40 degrees or so to real life.

On board instruments wise I was not holding my breath but laser wise I'm super impressed with how well it did in the rain.

If the onboard sensors are not getting accurate data your shooting solutions will be garbage...I'm just glad it's working with my kestrel until they get it figured out

Might be something worth contacting Sig over.

I received my Sig 10k this week. I’m not getting consistent returns past 3,000 yards. This is true regardless of weather conditions, sunny, overcast, or surface I’m aiming at. Is there maybe something in the settings that I’m overlooking and need to adjust? Everything else seems to work, I don’t mind the blue tint, just disappointing when I see other on here hitting 5, 6, 7, 8K yards.

I received my Sig 10k this week. I’m not getting consistent returns past 3,000 yards. This is true regardless of weather conditions, sunny, overcast, or surface I’m aiming at. Is there maybe something in the settings that I’m overlooking and need to adjust? Everything else seems to work, I don’t mind the blue tint, just disappointing when I see other on here hitting 5, 6, 7, 8K yards.
Is battery saver on?

Reactions: waveslayer
Not intending to slam Sig here, but Chicom optics have always had large sample variations amongst it's units. Just goes with the territory.

Mine definitely did not have all those issues. I’d call Sig and send it in, they should square that away.

I’m not sure if this is voodoo but when starting compass the display says “rotate kilo to improve accuracy” at the top. I was comparing to the compass on BaseMap and mine was 40-50 degrees off. I rotated the binos 180 degrees (upside down) and it started matching up to the BaseMap compass. I took several readings around and then turned the binos right side up. It now reads accurately each time I go it and use the compass.

Is there anyway to display the compass settings full time or do you always have to go into the compass setting?

I’m not sure if this is voodoo but when starting compass the display says “rotate kilo to improve accuracy” at the top. I was comparing to the compass on BaseMap and mine was 40-50 degrees off. I rotated the binos 180 degrees (upside down) and it started matching up to the BaseMap compass. I took several readings around and then turned the binos right side up. It now reads accurately each time I go it and use the compass.

Is there anyway to display the compass settings full time or do you always have to go into the compass setting?

I think you have to go into compass everytime if you want to see it live. Obviously if you are linked to your phone or kestrel and the compass is calibrated you can see the azimuth of what you range

Reactions: db2000
Yes, the compass needed calibration, which it asked me to do when I went into the compass menu as noted. I don’t think there’s any current way to display the compass heading on the main display, or at least I don’t remember finding one in the manual. Hopefully they’ll add that option if enough people desire it.

If it’s anything like most digital compasses, doing a few figure 8s at any time will help true it up. I do it as a habit with Kestrels when I use them, otherwise they drift.

B8CA85E7-6B19-465D-95D5-DA04F79FD3F8.jpeg

@Huskydriver when/if you call Sig, let us know how things work out. It‘s really a bummer yours seems to have defective temp/compass sensors. Wonder if it took a hard hit in shipment? I had a USPS worker kick a $6000 UPS out the back of a truck (down about 3 feet) and proceed to flip it end over end up my driveway. Surprise surprise, it was seriously damaged - all the foam inside the package was destroyed, and the unit wouldn’t turn on.

I asked him what he was doing when I saw him (I walked up to him as it was halfway up my driveway) and he said it was heavy and he didn’t have his hand-truck. People don’t care about anybody else’s property anymore.

Last edited:
I tried setting up mine with basemap, I think you need to pay for one of the subscriptions to get the waypoint feature, unfortunate.

I have the 10K on order. So is the weather disparity an on going issue? I've only seen this reported a couple of times. I really don't want to buy another RF that doesn't come close to it's advertising.

I have the 10K on order. So is the weather disparity an on going issue? I've only seen this reported a couple of times. I really don't want to buy another RF that doesn't come close to it's advertising.
You’re reading the same forum we are. As far as I’ve read, I only see one report of it here. Mine did not have an issue with it. Did you see more?

You’re reading the same forum we are. As far as I’ve read, I only see one report of it here. Mine did not have an issue with it. Did you see more?
I've seen 2 others on different boards. It hasn't been enough to make me think it occurs often. I just wanted other opinions. It would be great if it provided that data close to My Kestrel. Close is fine. Farther off is aa 2nd guess.

My Kilo 8k just came in to replace the 10k I had the diopter issue with. I should of bought these to begin with. There’s no tint, laser is just as accurate as the 10k to the 2 mile mark there’s a semi trailer that I’m using a target point. Sig sends the tripod adapter and two cases. I am having a sight DA discrepancy…that’s with me doing it the old school way with a WIZ wheel since I don’t have access to my kestrel at the moment.

Reactions: ormandj
CIB2007 are you saying the optics are better with the Kilo 8K than the 10K? Is the magnification the same on both?

CIB2007 are you saying the optics are better with the Kilo 8K than the 10K? Is the magnification the same on both?
The 8k is a 7x25 (I think) vs the 10x42 on the 10k. I wouldn’t say the optics are better since the magnification isn’t the same. But the tint isn’t as noticeable on the 8k that it is in the 10k. After I installed the BDX app and downloaded the new firmware update the DA pretty much matches my kestrel. I would of 100% kept the 10k but I’m too impatient to wait almost a a year on a preorder that I placed (I know I’m dumb) to send them back day one for a RMA. But it happens, either way I’m happy with the new kilos software/capabilities. Now to look for a pair of swaro binos or get drunk and order a hensoldt spotter 45.

Reactions: Stoweit
The 8k is a 7x25 (I think) vs the 10x42 on the 10k. I wouldn’t say the optics are better since the magnification isn’t the same. But the tint isn’t as noticeable on the 8k that it is in the 10k. After I installed the BDX app and downloaded the new firmware update the DA pretty much matches my kestrel. I would of 100% kept the 10k but I’m too impatient to wait almost a a year on a preorder that I placed (I know I’m dumb) to send them back day one for a RMA. But it happens, either way I’m happy with the new kilos software/capabilities. Now to look for a pair of swaro binos or get drunk and order a hensoldt spotter 45.

Reactions: CIB2007

Lol.

Good man.

Reactions: CIB2007 and db2000
Checked it out today: My Kestrel and Sig10ks match environmentals. Compass lines up too.

What about the dof? Mine is also not passing the dof to the target card in the app or to the kestrel

I just checked that and it is at about 1/3 of max strength. Overcast and light snow at this time. Tried last, best, fog, all the settings.
Any update on this? I seem to have the same deal only will range about 2000-2500…. Not sure how to check the strength other then ranging objects. Settings are set to give max performance in still lacking to say the least

Any update on this? I seem to have the same deal only will range about 2000-2500…. Not sure how to check the strength other then ranging objects. Settings are set to give max performance in still lacking to say they least
Still having the ranging problem

Canceled my preorder today. Saving for a replacement now ;)

• Haha
Unfortunately products made in Germany are 4-5 times more expensive...

Reactions: NiteQwill
Unfortunately products made in Germany are 4-5 times more expensive...
They also suck in a lot of ways. The optics are great, but the displays are awful, and they've been slow/flaky with wireless (my Leicas). The new Leicas with AB elite in them should fix this, but they'll have the same downsides as the Kilos (assuming you don't have a dud like @Huskydriver ). Ranging is worse (Leica 2800/3200 vs. K10k), too. They're all compromises. If you don't want to compromise on anything but more weight/doodads, the best bet would be to get some great quality German binoculars, and then pick up a K8k or something like @CIB2007 did. You'll just be $5000+ in the hole instead of $2000 or whatever the K10ks are going for now.

Reactions: CIB2007
Still having the ranging problem
This may sound stupid but have you tried holding the button down longer? If I quickly pressed the button I could only range 1600-1800 ish. If I then hit the button and held down longer it would range 5k plus. Was used to my Leicas which is a fast button push. Thought my sigs sucked until then. Just throwing it out there as that was my first time messing with them.

If work picks up this year, was thinking about a….

Reactions: Stoweit
This may sound stupid but have you tried holding the button down longer? If I quickly pressed the button I could only range 1600-1800 ish. If I then hit the button and held down longer it would range 5k plus. Was used to my Leicas which is a fast button push. Thought my sigs sucked until then. Just throwing it out there as that was my first time messing with them.
Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I have tried that to no avail.

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I have tried that to no avail.
Don't expect to range a small rock at 8k, but you should be able to hit the side of a white barn, for example. See the manual for target types and expected ranging distances, which will be best-case (and you will likely see lower than with overcast/snow/etc like you've mentioned in some scenarios). Angle of target face, environmental conditions, etc all play a part:

1651026724632.png

I definitely experienced ranging about like the manual specified, which is better than any other RFs I had laying around (Leicas/Revics), but conditions were great outside (sunny, clear air, etc). If you're not ranging golfballs at 10k, that doesn't mean something is wrong. Now, if you're trying to range a deer at 1000 yards on a clear day and aren't getting a return, something is definitely amiss. Either way, you can call Sig and they can help you out.

Reactions: Im2bent
Any info on changing where the beam focuses on the reticle. James from Barbour Creek video says it can be done on the BDX app.

Edit: He explains it at the 25 min mark.

Last edited:
Any info on changing where the beam focuses on the reticle. James from Barbour Creek video says it can be done on the BDX app.
Yep you need to use the phone app. Once they are paired go into the settings on the phone app it's the last option

Reactions: db2000
Just getting to use the Sig wind meter. As others have stated the Bluetooth connection is only good for about 5 ft it seems. Pitiful. That being said it fits in the Kestrel bracket with the wind vane so that’s a bonus. Quickly returns dope where as the Kestrel has a 2-3 second lag. We have 20 mph with 38 mph gusts today so was interesting. Realistically, I’m better off with a hope and prayer past 1000 and these conditions 🤣
5C0821F0-56E1-4F0E-9EC8-5A2201472501.jpeg

Reactions: Beardsli
Don't expect to range a small rock at 8k, but you should be able to hit the side of a white barn, for example. See the manual for target types and expected ranging distances, which will be best-case (and you will likely see lower than with overcast/snow/etc like you've mentioned in some scenarios). Angle of target face, environmental conditions, etc all play a part:

View attachment 7857731

I definitely experienced ranging about like the manual specified, which is better than any other RFs I had laying around (Leicas/Revics), but conditions were great outside (sunny, clear air, etc). If you're not ranging golfballs at 10k, that doesn't mean something is wrong. Now, if you're trying to range a deer at 1000 yards on a clear day and aren't getting a return, something is definitely amiss. Either way, you can call Sig and they can help you out.
Thanks, I plan on giving Sig a call.

Reactions: ormandj
Is there a way to adjust the reticle cant? I just went through the menu/manual and didn't see an option for it. With my IP distance it seems like it's tilted a bit.

Is there a way to adjust the reticle cant? I just went through the menu/manual and didn't see an option for it. With my IP distance it seems like it's tilted a bit.
Nothing I've seen, but it shouldn't be canted. Mine were not. I'd call Sig if I were you.

Reactions: Beardsli